• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE exec teases "an amazing big title coming to Vita" [Not an indie title]

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Hey guys why don't we play a game? :)
Let's gues the game! XD
One game only per post.
Clues: big, not indie, not port, third party publisher game.

There are many rumored candidates, but i don't want to be obvious so i say gta 5 stories.

kuroshiki

Hey guys why don't we play a game? :)
Let's gues the game! XD
One game only
Clues: big, not indie, not port, third party publisher game.

There are many rumored candidates, but i don't want to be obvious so i say gta 5 stories.

I'm still thinking its either 1) UBIsoft game 2) PVZ2.

B.O.O.M

I mean we all should keep our expectations as low as possible.

I mean a multiplat won't count as a port right? So I'm guessing this is a multiplat release. Fifa?

ps: Really does not like the sound of 'w/e happens at E3'...I am definitely reading too much into it but given how poorly sony treated the vita at last years E3, I won't be surprised if it's the same this year. Yoshida said the PR team handling the event was to blame last year....(like yea the biggest gaming event of the year in the biggest market and the execs are clueless). If it's a repeat of last year I wonder who will take the blame

Well yes, but we always do. And to be fair, Shahid has said it isn't the game that made him/his boss' jaw drop, but the publisher (
Nintendo
confirmed!?)

The Publisher made his jaw drop?

Meh! Sounds like hype to me.

I can't think of any publisher that would realistically developer for Vita that would make my jaw drop.

Might be a surprise, but this guy is making it sound like Halo is coming to Vita or something.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I mean we all should keep our expectations as low as possible.

I mean a multipalt won't count as a port right? So I'm guessing this is a multiplat release. Fifa?

I agree with keeping the expectations low, and i agree that it could be a multiplatform game, but fifa? Really? You are exaggerating!

Hey Shahid could you at least tell me there is a Socom being made? I don't care if it is Vita or PS4. I just want an old school Socom. You can PM me a wink or Stay tuned. I just need some glimmer of hope. I won't tell.

In all seriousness though a Socom in the vein of 2 would be a big deal for a lot of people and would move units.

ascii42

Ughhhh ...... on Vita? That would be a waste. With Next-Gen so close they should just go PS4. If they didn't bother doing this on PS3, then why Vita?

While I agree, most Final Fantasy remakes/re-releases have gone on handhelds. So there is precedent.

Hey Shahid could you at least tell me there is a Socom being made? I don't care if it is Vita or PS4. I just want an old school Socom. You can PM me a wink or Stay tuned. I just need some glimmer of hope. I won't tell.

In all seriousness though a Socom in the vein of 2 would be a big deal for a lot of people and would move units.

Zipper's dead so who would make it? Sony Bend?

Persona86

Banned
I think someone needs to look at his twitter history to see what kind of games he enjoys, that might be a clue. :)

Edit: OK there's just too many tweets to go through, forget it haha.

Daingurse

I understand that I am about to experience a baptism of fire.

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Shahid Kamal Ahmad. I work for Sony Computer Entertainment Europe as a Senior Business Development Manager running a group called Strategic Content. I've not been sent here officially and besides, it's a Sunday.

I'm afraid I will not have as much time to devote to NeoGAF as I'd love to, but will do my best to engage with respect and courtesy on as much as I can. I will not be able to respond to everything, or indeed most things.

Oh, and I'm not worried about being abused in any way, if you want to vent, it's OK, I'm a good listener. I care about our customers, because I'm a customer too. Me, my team, my management are working very hard to bring great games to PS Vita, and we are also doing our best to make a tiny little dent in our tiny corner of the universe.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank many of you in this one message most sincerely for the many kind words you've said about me and about Sony Computer Entertainment. It's what keeps us going at night and on weekends. Many of us deeply, passionately care and that's not some corporate bullshit, that's me on my own time on a Sunday being real with you.

Love and respect,

Shahid

Welcome Shahid. Thanks for the Vita hype!

tumblr_lx7tf5fVTI1qjemo2o1_250.gif

Zipper's dead so who would make it? Sony Bend?

And probably for the better. The people that made Socom great had long left. I say give it to a hungry team and make their mission to make Socom 2 for a modern console.

Match it feature for feature and make additions not subtractions. Like better netcode.

There are a lot of people going to be disappointed soon. Some people ITT seem to have very unrealistic expectations.

IDK maybe I'm just jaded but I've learnt my lesson with the gaming hype machine... I must see it to believe it. Especially with the vita and after last year's E3.

tumblr_mdk4alfMI21qltqg1.gif

I totally agree. No offense to you Shahid, but your comment about tears in your eyes over Thomas Was Alone, an indie game that had already come out on PC months prior, has merely exacerbated my doubt. If that's the kind of thing you find amazing, 6 month old ports of indies, well, then, I can't wait for the cadre of D grade Ubisoft spin-offs you've lined up for us.

That being said, I would love to be wrong on this and for you to be vindicated, but I hope you can understand my cynicism.

I totally agree. No offense to you Shahid, but your comment about tears in your eyes over Thomas Was Alone, an indie game that had already come out on PC months prior, has merely exacerbated my doubt. If that's the kind of thing you find amazing, 6 month old ports of indies, well, then, I can't wait for the cadre of D grade Ubisoft spin-offs you've lined up for us.

That being said, I would love to be wrong on this and for you to be vindicated, but I hope you can understand my cynicism.

image.php

Whatever this is, I just hope this is an ORIGINAL TITLE and not some lame port of a current console or PC title.

Vita needs original content to thrive, not ports.

Akainu

I must say gaf never learns does it? Is it just games that feel some of you with ridiculous expectations or life in general?

yurinka

Ughhhh ...... on Vita? That would be a waste. With Next-Gen so close they should just go PS4. If they didn't bother doing this on PS3, then why Vita?
The recent sales performance and game quality of recent Final Fantasy games wasn't as good as usual. So SE needs a push and a FFVII remake would be a great one.

SE likes to remake their games for postables, but Sony needs more big games for Vita to push sales and to show big games from 3rd parties supporting it, so would pay for it.

Regarding a home version, if they are smart would do a PS3 and Vita versions with cross-save from the start. And to announce and release the PS3 version several months after the Vita one.

So I think that if it is a FFVII remake it would work, but I think it won't be the case. I bet it's something way smaller in terms of general hype but that personally is something awesome for Shahid. Same goes with HL3 or a similar new game from Valve or Blizzard like a new Starcraft. I think would be perfect to have them but I think won't be the case.

Is it games that fill you with apathy and despair or life in general?

Skepticism towards the unproven is a healthy trait to avoid being disappointed. I'll believe Shahids words of a big get that caused people fainting in the office when I see it, but it doesn't help that he's already lowered the bar for amazing to the point of tears so low that 6 month old indie ports qualify.

That's the face I'm making at all the folks getting hype over a GTA or Fallout Spinoff. Who are you folks kidding?

Absolutely...I highly doubt what this man is hyping here would be relevant. GAF is getting unreasonably hyped. I'd love to see the meltdowns when its some D-tier 4/10 rush job from some D-tier developer and the game fails to meet GAF's unrealistic expectations.

Simmer down!

I'd love to eat my words though cos I need another stronger reason to get another vita

THE:MILKMAN

Just going through some older tweets and Tony Clark says he blacked out and fainted when he heard about this "thing" as he called it. Shahid calls it a title.

Whatever it is, it sounds interesting. And yes, it is always best to temper expectations on things like this.

legacyzero

Banned
What's all this blacking out and fainting I'm hearing about? It's that serious, huh?

I understand that I am about to experience a baptism of fire.

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Shahid Kamal Ahmad. I work for Sony Computer Entertainment Europe as a Senior Business Development Manager running a group called Strategic Content. I've not been sent here officially and besides, it's a Sunday.

I'm afraid I will not have as much time to devote to NeoGAF as I'd love to, but will do my best to engage with respect and courtesy on as much as I can. I will not be able to respond to everything, or indeed most things.

Oh, and I'm not worried about being abused in any way, if you want to vent, it's OK, I'm a good listener. I care about our customers, because I'm a customer too. Me, my team, my management are working very hard to bring great games to PS Vita, and we are also doing our best to make a tiny little dent in our tiny corner of the universe.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank many of you in this one message most sincerely for the many kind words you've said about me and about Sony Computer Entertainment. It's what keeps us going at night and on weekends. Many of us deeply, passionately care and that's not some corporate bullshit, that's me on my own time on a Sunday being real with you.

Love and respect,

Shahid

Welcome to GAF!

And you don't have to worry. This ain't Reddit :p

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Bend doesn't want to make console games, but I could see Sony giving UC to Bend to make UC4 and letting Naughty Dog do two new IPs (or 1 new IP and a sequel to TLoU).

B.O.O.M

I agree with keeping the expectations low, and i agree that it could be a multiplatform game, but fifa? Really? You are exaggerating!

hehe but it fits the bill..not indie...a multiplat..people do play it a lot and frequently. For now I think I'm gonna go with that so that my expectations stay really low.

Ouren

not everyone is an "executive".

calling this guy (who is very nice!) an "exec" is like calling the programmer on our team an "exec".

Bend doesn't want to make console games, but I could see Sony giving UC to Bend to make UC4 and letting Naughty Dog do two new IPs (or 1 new IP and a sequel to TLoU).

devs can change...I am expecting an Uncharted game for PS4 by Bend with Naughty Dog writing the script

Top Bottom