• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE exec teases "an amazing big title coming to Vita" [Not an indie title]

DBT85

-If you can please tell to developers that we prefer native res games(even better if 60 fps) with slightly simpler graphics than not native res more complex graphics :)

Or as a minimum every game should have some AA! I'll take a smaller draw distance or less particles if everything looks smooth!

-Amon-

I understand that I am about to experience a baptism of fire.

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Shahid Kamal Ahmad. I work for Sony Computer Entertainment Europe as a Senior Business Development Manager running a group called Strategic Content. I've not been sent here officially and besides, it's a Sunday.

I'm afraid I will not have as much time to devote to NeoGAF as I'd love to, but will do my best to engage with respect and courtesy on as much as I can. I will not be able to respond to everything, or indeed most things.

Oh, and I'm not worried about being abused in any way, if you want to vent, it's OK, I'm a good listener. I care about our customers, because I'm a customer too. Me, my team, my management are working very hard to bring great games to PS Vita, and we are also doing our best to make a tiny little dent in our tiny corner of the universe.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank many of you in this one message most sincerely for the many kind words you've said about me and about Sony Computer Entertainment. It's what keeps us going at night and on weekends. Many of us deeply, passionately care and that's not some corporate bullshit, that's me on my own time on a Sunday being real with you.

Love and respect,

Shahid

Welcome !

And keep up the good work, that beautiful piece of hardware called PS Vita deserves it for sure :)

Solal

Hi Shahid,

Just wanted to express how sorry I feel that Vita is not used like the perfect shmups machine it should be.

Bring CAVE, Treasure in and you ll get all the hardcore gamers in!

Shmups are one of the best way to build a solid hardcore community.

Come on man !

SHMUPS FOR LIFE!

Kyon

Banned
You gurls SMH. Making a Sony employee feel like they will get dragged from you hyping this more than it needs to be. Mess

GET IT TOGETHER SISTEREN

Redhood

A little lttp but welcome to gaf shahid
Njoy your stay
And do not get scared if u see torches and pitchforks sometimes that's gaf being gaf

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Well there was that E3 showed up on Sonys stage with protal 2. people thought that was impossible at the time aswell, I still dont think its Valve though.

For a company as cash rich as Valve, they don't really make that many games. Their past 2 games were basically remakes of IPs they bought over. I really don't think Valve support is all that important.

Carl

Well, I won't be able to respond to everything, but I will try to read everything. Also, at Sony, let me tell you something that surprises even me - even at the highest level people are reading here and there on forums. We have passionate discussions about the issues you raise internally. It's not wasted effort.

That's pretty awesome :)

Welcome to GAF, Shahid.

androvsky

Shahid, welcome! A few posters have already mentioned it, but the lack of localization of some big PSP RPGs is getting frustrating. Final Fantasy Type-0 already had voices recorded, but there's no news, and Valkyria Chronicles 3 is seemingly abandoned. And what was going on with Hatsune Miku Vita?

Sometimes it feels like the state of localizations is getting worse as time goes by. The PSP HD Classics are the worst; SCEJ allows publishers to have PS3 games without trophies if they were already PSP games. The PS3 version in many cases would be enough to justify localizing the PSP game, but SCEA and possibly SCEE won't allow it apparently. So from our point of view, it looks like SCEJ is encouraging publishers to dig ever larger holes to bury their PSP games in.

Also, any chance of doing one-off QA for PS1 and PS2 games? There's at least one publisher that would be happy to do new localizations for old games that never got it, but there's no way to get them officially approved any more.

Hopefully you meant to put a j before the RPG because if so I'm IN

__Devilish___Smirk_by_SassyJessy.gif

ReaperXL7

For a company as cash rich as Valve, they don't really make that many games. Their past 2 games were basically remakes of IPs they bought over. I really don't think Valve support is all that important.

Thats true, but steam support could be huge if it were possible. If they are considered a "publisher" google has a gaming related announcement soon, maybe it could have something to do with Sony. Some people here impiled Sony was doing something that would "blow the doors wide open" for Indies.

There are lots of possibilities, but it seems that the implication is that a publisher as awhole is coming, and brining multiple games. Could be Zenimax, Capcom, Ubisoft, 2K, Activision, Deep Silver.....who knows, we wont until they push the announcement.

Ghazi

I don't even want to try to spell the Arabic phrase for hello in English. It just comes out screwy, you guys need to stop trying lol.

nampad

Welcome Shahid! Thanks for the great work with the indies, hope your work with the big 3rd parties will live up to that.

Welcome Shahid! Really appreciate your hard efforts. If you have the ear of others with Sony at all get Bluepoint their own game for the Vita. Also would be awesome to see other studios like Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog form a small team like Media Molecule and make a vita exclusive.

Keep it up man, much love.

Welcome Shahid!

First, we appreciate your hard work and generous attitude!
Secondly, my biggest advice is listening to Androvsky when he mentioned some localisation efforts. We don't mind Japanese vocals when there are subtitles!!!! We are dying for Valkyria Chronicles 3 and FF Type 0!!!!! So if no dub is cheaper we are more than willing to accept subtitles only!!!!!

Welcome Shahid! Really appreciate your hard efforts. If you have the ear of others with Sony at all get Bluepoint their own game for the Vita. Also would be awesome to see other studios like Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog form a small team like Media Molecule and make a vita exclusive.

Keep it up man, much love.

What is Naughty Dog's second team doing now anyway?

Top Bottom