• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scientology Ramps Up 'Going Clear' Smear Campaign, Targets Academy Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogtooth

Banned
Running blatant propaganda where any and all psychological and psychiatric treatment and help is deemed "bad" despite the help that many people could use from it, harassing anyone remotely openly critical of them, encouraging members to isolate themselves and distance loved ones if they raise and concerns or questions about their membership, etc.

There's so much out there, you barely have to do any research to see it. I'm surprised more of their famous members aren't leaving.

The only propaganda comes from Hollywood, the IRS, and psychiatric industry. These people you're saying were harassed are just paranoid. Where's the evidence? Misguided factions such as these just don't want people to taste the power that comes from having true freedom.

You're surprised some of our more famous members aren't leaving. That's because they don't want to give up the one good thing in their lives. Every minute on TV or on a movie set would just be pain and emptiness if they didn't know they were representing LRH and literally saving hundreds of billions of lives in this universe and the next.

Akronis

The only propaganda comes from Hollywood, the IRS, and psychiatric industry. These people you're saying were harassed are just paranoid. Where's the evidence? Misguided factions such as these just don't want people to taste the power that comes from having true freedom.

You're surprised some of our more famous members aren't leaving. That's because they don't want to give up the one good thing in their lives. Every minute on TV or on a movie set would just be pain and emptiness if they didn't know they were representing LRH and literally saving hundreds of billions of lives in this universe and the next.

Please explain this science man

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hole_(Scientology)

Dogtooth

Banned
I found a picture of that Chairman Miscavige (seriously? Chairman? Hahaha.) guy. Look at this face:

Look at his eyes. There's nothing there. Nothing.

I can play this game too.

Steve-Jobs.jpg

oooo spooky.

bored.jpg

Dude come on. That was some DPRK press-release shit right there.

Akronis

My uncle was there from 2012 to 2014. This year, he got his doctorate.

Please elaborate on all the accounts of defectors saying it was more or less a death camp.

Please elaborate on the accounts that "David Miscavige began to publicly slap, kick, punch or shove executives at the base who had angered him"

No insinuation necessary. How they remained a church instead of being rightly labeled a domestic terrorist group after that, I will never understand.
They used a tactic favored by the Sovereign Citizens movement: "Paper Terrorism". They overwhelmed every single branch office of the IRS they could find with so many documents and legal bullshit that they had to pass them on to even keep functioning.

Lol please enlighten us as to why it's not like other religion.
I'll bite.

I'm a Catholic. Not a very good one but I believe in the basics.

If I want to leave the church for any reason at any time, I'm free to do so. Not so with Scientology.

If I wasn't Catholic and wanted to become one, bam I just became one. Didn't cost me any money. Pretty sure even to be baptized it wouldn't cost me anything. If I wanted I suppose I could make a donation. Not so with Scientology, where the only way to become a Scientologist to literally buy your way in.

As a Catholic I can and do have friends and family of MANY different religions. Not in Scientology, where they either try to convert your friends and family, or cut you off from them completely and punish you severely if you go against it.

If I "anger the church" somehow I won't be locked in a room to literally be eaten to death by rats and roaches.

If I speak out against the church I don't need to worry about the Pope sending out hit men to silence me.

The list goes on. It's one thing to turn your nose up at religions in general but to say there's no difference between Christianity/Catholisism/Judeism/Mormanism/etc and Scientology is either grossly misguided or willfully ignorant.

Enco

:lol guys Dogtooth is obviously deeply invested.

He'll avoid all negative points or just bullshit his way around it.

He's a lost cause (unless he's a troll). Enjoy scientology bro.

Dogtooth

Banned
Please elaborate on all the accounts of defectors saying it was more or less a death camp.

Please elaborate on the accounts that "David Miscavige began to publicly slap, kick, punch or shove executives at the base who had angered him"

Most were just actors paid by Lawrence Wright. There's nothing linking them to the church.

As for these ridiculous claims about Chairman Miscavige: he's an avid boxer. The chance to spar with the leader of our church is a rare opportunity. The claim that he'd kick or slap in the ring is just bad sportsmanship. That kind of behavior is obviously against the rules.

They used a tactic favored by the Sovereign Citizens movement: "Paper Terrorism". They overwhelmed every single branch office of the IRS they could find with so many documents and legal bullshit that they had to pass them on to even keep functioning.

Uh...
It was the one of the largest infiltrations of the United States government in history, with up to 5,000 covert agents.

This goes beyond "overload with paper work". These were scientologists straight up in the US government (and some foreign embassies). They bugged a government meeting for crying out loud.

Akronis

Most were just actors paid by Lawrence Wright. There's nothing linking them to the church.

As for these ridiculous claims about Chairman Miscavige: he's an avid boxer. The chance to spar with the leader of our church is a rare opportunity.

All right, wrap it up, this dude is straight up trolling.

As for these ridiculous claims about Chairman Miscavige: he's an avid boxer. The chance to spar with the leader of our church is a rare opportunity.
The syntax of almost everything you've said reads like a press release. It's pretty clear that everything you've said here was told to you by someone else. But I guess I'm wasting my time. I hate to see people get trapped in cults like this but I think it's too late; whatever human agency you had is clearly gone. That's how these things work; joining the cult is the last decision you ever make.

I'm just glad that most people are too secure to wind up like you. If nothing else, you can a least serve as a warning.
All right, wrap it up, this dude is straight up trolling.
41nvkwg1GCL.jpg

Let me get this absolutely clear then. A Christian, Muslim, Jew or a Hindu has access to the entirety of Bible, Quran and Bhagavad Gita respectfully. They have complete understanding of the tenets of theology without having to spend a single dime. Not just the religious, but the nonbeliever as well has access to all these books and theology. Anyone can *choose* to get a bachelor's, masters or post doctorate in any of these subjects if they want to by going to any school or seminar.

Scientology keeps the theology of scientology and the stuff about Xenu absolutely hidden, only available to people who pay $10,000+. The more you pay, the more theology you learn, and only through the CoS. There is only one way to be more knowlegeble about thr writings of LRH, and that is to pay CoS trucks of money.

Now, my question. You think these two are comparable?

Dogtooth

Banned
Let me get this absolutely clear then. A Christian, Muslim, Jew or a Hindu has access to the entirety of Bible, Quran and Bhagavad Gita respectfully. They have complete understanding of the tenets of theology without having to spend a single dime. Not just the religious, but the nonbeliever as well has access to all these books and theology. Anyone can *choose* to get a bachelor's, masters or post doctorate in any of these subjects if they want to by going to any school or seminar.

Scientology keeps the theology of scientology and the stuff about Xenu absolutely hidden, only available to people who pay $10,000+. The more you pay, the more theology you learn, and only through the CoS. There is only one way to be more knowlegeble about thr writings of LRH, and that is to pay CoS trucks of money.

Now, my question. You think these two are comparable?

You're just obviously wrong about this. Look at the horrible "God Hates Fags" people or ISIS. Do they have "complete understanding" of their theology? Our church is a little different from these faiths because we don't have holy doctrines given to us by GOD.

We have Dianetics, and other writings of LRH, but that's not theology exactly. It's part spiritual, part science, and part therepeutic practice. You can't expect someone to read Dianetics and become a great auditor any more than you can expect someone to be a great engineer by reading the Steve Jobs biography. Sorry, but our practice involves certain specialized skills. Why don't you get mad at climate scientists for the same reason?

You're just obviously wrong about this. Look at the horrible "God Hates Fags" people or ISIS. Do they have "complete understanding" of their theology? Our church is a little different from these faiths because we don't have holy doctrines given to us by GOD.

We have Dianetics, and other writings of LRH, but that's not theology exactly. It's part spiritual, part science, and part therepeutic practice. You can't expect someone to read Dianetics and become a great auditor any more than you can expect someone to be a great engineer by reading the Steve Jobs biography. Sorry, but our practice involves certain specialized skills. Why don't you get mad at climate scientists for the same reason?
My point is, I can learn about Jesus without having to pay a church $10,000. Thats what I mean by tenets of faith. Why should I pay CoS money to learn about Xenu?

aChqUSo.gif

RM8

I used to believe there was a GAF defence force for everything but scientology. Well, I was wrong, wasn't I?

I used to believe there was a GAF defence force for everything but scientology. Well, I was wrong, wasn't I?
Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if this guy was told to make an account here for that very reason. That's how they operate.

I would encourage you to stop risking your life with those people.

Dogtooth, serious question without any sarcasm here. How do you propose that talk-therapy (a type of psychological treatment that many people utilize without drugs or medication) is harmful or detrimental to patients?

Dogtooth, serious question without any sarcasm here. How do you propose that talk-therapy (a type of psychological treatment that many people utilize without drugs or medication) is harmful or detrimental to patients?
You might have to wait a bit. He needs some time to go look up how to respond.

Dogtooth

Banned
My point is, I can learn about Jesus without having to pay a church $10,000. Thats what I mean by tenets of faith. Why should I pay CoS money to learn about Xenu?

I've been in the church for 15 years and I've never heard of "Xenu". I saw it on South Park, and I couldn't believe they'd air such outlandish lies. I guess a big lie is easier to believe as somebody once said.

I just think your point about Jesus is too simplistic. You can read about Jesus in the bible, but surely you would recognize that people who go to seminary have a more specialized understanding. And so often we see these amateur attempts to read holy books go spectacularly wrong. With scientology, it's a gradual process of understanding your own mind. Not interpreting some ancient text that proports to be holy.

Monocle

It amazes me fools can buy into the reptilian over Lord theory....

Still at least I can rely on a bearded vengeful creator who made the world and universe in 7 days I am safe and won't burn in hell.
You can scoff at the 7 days thing if you want, but respected Biblical scholars have totally reconciled this by pointing out that a day by God's reckoning could span eons. I bet you didn't even consult a fanfiction enthusiast theologian before writing that post!

You can scoff at the 7 days thing if you want, but respected Biblical scholars have totally reconciled this by pointing out that a day by God's reckoning could span eons. I bet you didn't even consult a fanfiction enthusiast theologian before writing that post!
Well, religion fanfiction is still better than a fanfiction religion. Scientology has actually made me respect the traditional religions more. At least they help people.

Monocle

Well, religion fanfiction is still better than a fanfiction religion. Scientology has actually made me respect the traditional religions more. At least they help people.
You just might have a point.

I don't know though, space jets and volcanoes are pretty wicked cool.

Dude, are you OK?? Looks like canddlejack kidna
That lame Candlejack joke will never be amusi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom