• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scientology Ramps Up 'Going Clear' Smear Campaign, Targets Academy Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly off-topic, but I want to piggyback on an earlier convo. The clear difference between scientology and other religions is that scientology is newer. That's obvious. What should be obvious as well is our action to it; and that is squashing it and containing its influence to prevent its spread. Something akin to treating a disease or infection in the body.

When Christianity, Islam, and all the derivatives of those authoritative religions that popped up, we weren't there. We weren't there with our vast knowledge and easy access to information. We weren't there with thousands of years of future knowledge (to them). But we're here now, and by whatever god is watching us today if any, we should vow to fight against relatively new ignorance like scientology. Need to strangle that bastard in the crib before it grows from quirky religion of celebs and rich execs to something that poisons the larger populace - those who are easier to take advantage of and plunder, as older religions already have. It's why the other religions with absurd stories and beliefs are still here and thriving after millennia of advancement and progress. So, even if we need help from hypocritical Christians, Muslims, etc., I'm all for it so that scientology doesn't grow to become them in the future.

So it's gonna be one of those threads now, huh?

wachie

Whoever banned Dogtooth, you're a soul less fun killer.

On topic, cool this makes me more interested in watching the movie.

way more

Whoever banned Dogtooth, you're a soul less fun killer.

On topic, cool this makes me more interested in watching the movie.

Does the Oscar smear campaign done every year by opposing interests make you want to watch the nominated movies, like say; Good Will Hunting, Saving Private Ryan, A Beautiful Mind, The Pianist, Million Dollar Baby, Brokeback Mountain, Slumdog Millionaire, The Hurt Locker, Zero Dark Thirty, ir The Wolf of Wall Street.

Ref: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-will-hunting-to-the-wolf-of-wall-street.html

I know that Scientology are big meanie pants but them writing a hurtful article in their newsletter isn't nearly as harsh as what the studios do to each other.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
For the record I don't believe Dogtooth at all. Trolling for sure.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I missed all the fun :(

Scientology was the only thing without a defence force, the trolling should get a pass for that.

No.

Christianity and Islam at least were borne out of frustration with the inequalities between the rich ruling class and the rest of the society. Both at the core preach equality, love and care for each other and removing injustices from society and also uplifting the poor, the downtrodden, the orphan and the needy by feeding, clothing and caring for them. The segment of the society that was forgotten and ignored by everyone. That ideal is good and noble. Scientology is born out of one man's need to make quick buck (LRH's words, not mine). The secrets of scientology, it's books and the writings of LRH are only accessible to quite honestly the most privileged class on earth: rich, western, affluent, 1%'er upper-class that can fork out $10,000 on a whim. It's not going to appeal to any masses anywhere. Hell the masses don't even know the tenets of scientology or what psychiatry even is.

You're not going to convince people traditions and superstitions from thousands of years ago are any better than traditions and brain washing from the 20th century. Scientology is losing members and they grow economically through business ventures and investing. They will eventually pass the need to have donations.

rrs

The religion of Scientology isn't the problem, it's the fucked up primary church that preaches it that is the problem and anything to knock those CoS bastards down a peg is great

Siegcram

The religion of Scientology isn't the problem, it's the fucked up primary church that preaches it that is the problem and anything to knock those CoS bastards down a peg is great
It's deliberately designed to extract money through bullshit pseudo-science, based on the fever dreams of a sci-fi hack.
Of course it's the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom