• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scream Queens |OT|

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
This show has made me forget that AHS exists. After watching a few episodes of that this season, you can see how over-the-top the acting is. Yet, I'll probably binge on it once the whole season is done. :p

You won't have to wait long, next week is the final episode.

I'm not sure why it took this long, but #5 is one of my favorite characters now.

Wasn't he the one who wanted to have sex earlier, though? Maybe he killed Chad and we'll see it in a flashback in the next episode.

My guess is that he and Chad were fighting and accidentally killed someone else. He was on the phone telling Chad he has to leave.

Aiii

So not worth it
How did I not see that Chanel No. 3 is played by Carrie Fisher's daughter? She looked so familiar to me but I just couldn't figure it out. Wow.

This also gives an entire new meaning to her constant wearing of the earmuff's. No way that was a part of the character before they cast her.

674gnXL.jpg

A red herring or a red devil?

Honestly at this point I kinda want basically everyone to have been a Red Devil at some point. That'd be great

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Pretty damn sure the Grace theory is what's awaiting us, come Tuesday. And I'd love that. It'd wrap the show up with a banger. I really hope we'll get the summer camp season. This went from an ok-ish show to my favorite thing on tv this year, outside of Hannibal.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Those attempts to kill the dean were hilarious. millennial feminist, that's a thing? LOL

I lost it when she was explaining why she buys her friends cheap gifts and when she was buying all the VR headsets save one.

The exchange between Chad and Pete was good. At least Pete has an Xbox, lube and a plug with a jewel on the business end.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Oh shit. I just realized my killer theory is borked and can't work at all. It can't be Grace. She was at the vote, when the Red Devil was meeting with Gigi. And that couldn't be Boone since they were talking about taking him out because of the Zayday incident.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Oh shit. I just realized my killer theory is borked and can't work at all. It can't be Grace. She was at the vote, when the Red Devil was meeting with Gigi. And that couldn't be Boone since they were talking about taking him out because of the Zayday incident.

If Grace is the killer, the confrontation with Gigi makes no sense. I feel like everyone is just skipping over scenes that make no sense.

It would make 0 sense for it to be Zayday or Grace. They both have scenes that don't work if they're the killer.

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished the finale last night. Curious to see how you kids like the ending.

As long as it's more of the same I think I'll love it. For me this has been a wonderfully consistent show and I don't even particularly care about the identity of the devil. We already have so many wonderful killers to choose from!

jiggle

Grace looked so pretty last week without the hat
But then it found its way onto zayday then back onto grace
That's the true villain of the show, really

kirblar

Well, they had to film everyone but four people getting killed, so it's understandable.
I think the survivor count is slightly higher than that now (haven't seen spoilers), I suspect because they weren't counting guest stars. (If Denise dies, we riot.)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Just finished the finale last night. Curious to see how you kids like the ending.

it amazes me that tv shows leave it so late to get everything together
seems insane

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
If Grace is the killer, the confrontation with Gigi makes no sense. I feel like everyone is just skipping over scenes that make no sense.

It would make 0 sense for it to be Zayday or Grace. They both have scenes that don't work if they're the killer.

Grace is looking for the bathtub baby's identity more that the killer's at this point. My theory was that Gigi told her that she was the baby, and she realized she wasn't. I think Gigi's real plan ,was getting the other baby back (possibly Chanel?), because she lost her at some point in time. She's still Boone's sister.

At least that's how her read her interactions with Gigi. She's probably not it though.

kirblar

We always cut it close with our insane schedule. I once finished a Glee episode 4 hours before air.
Jesus fuck.

If you get a chance, tell Ryan that the much more heavily structured SQ and AHS S5 are very, very appreciated compared to AHS 3/4. Have enjoyed both shows a lot this season.

zer0das

Banned
I'm going to call my shot after having re-watched most of the episodes.

I think the final killer is most likely:

Neckbrace. Most of it comes down to the Thanksgiving episode. Gigi uses a very strange set of words to describe cutting the quail, and Neckbrace later says something similar back at Kappa around the table (although not identical), which clued me in there might be something here.
Gigi: "Just wouldn't be the same without the whir of a motor cutting through flesh."
Hester: "This one is definitely sharpened to glide easily through roasted flesh."

The most important thing here is the timing of events at the Thanksgiving table, along with who had an alibi in the morning. Chanel and Hester get back at the house at the same time, but Hester is gone looking for a sharp knife for quite a while. Chanel #3 and 5 are at the table with #1, as are Dean Munsch and Pete. Dean Munsch exits to "freshen up" briefly, while Zayday comes in with the candle lighter. Grace and her father arrive at the same time. Chad also shows up at the very end.
Based on the timing of the above, I can deduce the following about who swapped Gigi's head for the turkey:

1. It incredibly unlikely it was #1, #3, or #5, or Pete. Although #3 and #5 bring the "bird" in, they both comment on how light it is. It would also require a conspiracy between #3 and #5, so they're both out.
2. Chad arrived far too late to engineer the swap, and he would have been noticed by someone else.
3. Grace and her dad arrive in the dining room at the same time. They were also talking about how he fathered Boone in another room the entire time they were absent.
4. Although Zayday wasn't there, she did find a candle lighter so her alibi seems passable... she's not at the top of the list of red devil suspects anyways.

This leaves Hester and Dean Munsch. Dean Munsch is absent for perhaps a minute to "freshen up." Even accounting for the fact time is probably accelerated, she took maybe 3-5 minutes tops. If I had to guess, Hester has been absent from the Thanksgiving scene for at least twice as long as Dean Munsch. So she's the most likely candidate. Hester gives Chanel and Chad a very interesting glance right as the "bird" is brought into the room. Also, Gigi had said earlier the killer needed to establish their alibi by doing "a bunch of stuff" later in the day. Where was Hester most of the day? At the Radwell's. But she didn't arrive until midway through dinner.

Now you might be saying to yourself... well, a lot of people were gone in the morning. True. But Grace was with Zayday, number #3 met up with Dean Munsch pretty quickly after returning from her family, #1 was with Chad, and Grace's father was making dinner by his lonesome self. So that leaves Pete, Chanel #5, and Hester as not having convincing morning alibis. But only Hester was absent from the table for any significant amount of time (that was onscreen). Barring some serious conspiracy level of cooperation, I think Hester is likely the last remaining red devil.

The main thing that throws a wrench in this is that a red devil was later seen at the mall, and Hester was present. I think it was very likely a fake red devil, aka Pete was sent there to scare them to get them to come back to the house (likely be Dean Munsch). I suspect Munsch might have something she's blackmailing Pete about. Pete wasn't expecting it would escalate into him murdering the policeman there with Denise, which is why he's freaked out and tells Grace he is a murderer.

Hester also gives a thumbs up in the opening sequence when the red devil appears on screen with her. Now that whole opening thing is campy and/or satirical, but it also might be a blatant give away.
And just in case I'm wrong about Hester my backups are Grace and Pete, in that order.

BBC

Banned
I'm going to call my shot after having re-watched most of the episodes.

I think the final killer is most likely:

Neckbrace. Most of it comes down to the Thanksgiving episode. Gigi uses a very strange set of words to describe cutting the quail, and Neckbrace later says something similar back at Kappa around the table (although not identical), which clued me in there might be something here.
Gigi: "Just wouldn't be the same without the whir of a motor cutting through flesh."
Hester: "This one is definitely sharpened to glide easily through roasted flesh."

The most important thing here is the timing of events at the Thanksgiving table, along with who had an alibi in the morning. Chanel and Hester get back at the house at the same time, but Hester is gone looking for a sharp knife for quite a while. Chanel #3 and 5 are at the table #1, and as is Dean Munsch and Pete. Dean Munsch exits to "freshen up" briefly, while Zayday comes in with the candle lighter. Grace and her father arrive at the same time. Chad also shows up at the very end.
Based on the timing of the above, I can deduce the following about who swapped Gigi's head for the turkey:

1. It incredibly unlikely it was #1, #3, or #5, or Pete. Although #3 and #5 bring the "bird" in, they both comment on how light it is. It would also require a conspiracy between #3 and #5, so they're both out.
2. Chad arrived far too late to engineer the swap, and he would have been noticed by someone else.
3. Grace and her dad arrive in the dining room at the same time. They were also talking about how he fathered Boone in another room the entire time they were absent.
4. Although Zayday wasn't there, she did find a candle lighter so her alibi seems passable... she's not at the top of the list of red devil suspects anyways.

This leaves Hester and Dean Munsch. Dean Munsch is absent for perhaps a minute to "freshen up." Even accounting for the fact time is probably accelerated, she took maybe 3-5 minutes tops. If I had to guess, Hester has been absent from the Thanksgiving scene for at least twice as long as Dean Munsch. So she's the most likely candidate. Hester also gives Chanel and Chad a very interesting glance right as the "bird" is brought into the room. Also, Gigi had said earlier the killer needed to establish their alibi by doing "a bunch of stuff" later in the day. Where was Hester most of the day? At the Radwell's. But she didn't arrive until midway through dinner.

Now you might be saying to yourself... well, a lot of people were gone in the morning. True. But Grace was with Zayday, number #3 met up with Dean Munsch pretty quickly after returning from her family, #1 was with Chad, and Grace's father was making dinner by his lonesome self. So that leaves Pete, Chanel #5, and Hester as not having convincing morning alibis. But only Hester was absent from the table for any significant amount of time (that was onscreen). Barring some serious conspiracy level of cooperation, I think Hester is likely the last remaining red devil.

The main thing that throws a wrench in this is that a red devil was later seen at the mall, and Hester was present. I think it was very likely a fake red devil, aka Pete was sent there to scare them to get them to come back to the house (likely be Dean Munsch). I suspect Munsch might have something she's blackmailing Pete about. Pete wasn't expecting it would escalate into him murdering the policeman there with Denise, which is why he's freaked out and tells Grace he is a murderer.

Hester also gives a thumbs up in the opening sequence when the red devil appears on screen with her. Now that whole opening thing is campy and/or satirical, but it also might be a blatant give away.
And just in case I'm wrong about Hester my backups are Grace and Pete, in that order.

Only problem with your Pete stuff is,
he seemed perfectly calm and fine both with Chad and when he tried to have sex with Grace, and when he was with her Dad and then said he would see her later, all of which happened after the mall, so it might not make sense for him to all of a sudden feel paranoid and guilty about killing a police officer.

AHS Coven
spoiled who the Supreme was in the opening sequence so there's definitely a Ryan Murphy precedent for it.

Top Bottom