• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ScreenJunkies: Zemeckis wants to do Flash, WB doesn't want the script rewrite

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Zemeckis is good and Back to the Future pretty good, but you guys are overselling it with the reactions to him not seeing it. Was always heavily flawed.

Lies, and damn lies. Back to the Future is not just one of the greatest sci-fi movies ever made, it is possibly the best screenplay of the '80s. More care and thought went into BTTF's screenplay and story than go into entire franchises these days.

The sequels are overrated, especially 2, but the first one is a masterpiece.

Anth0ny

Hollywood Reporter just added Raimi to the list.

gF5pRzl.gif

MisterHero

I just want a Flash movie where he runs really fast and no time manipulation shit

That's what I would've said but Barry already time travelled in BvS

Remember when WB they were restructuring and putting one man in charge of the DCEU so that there wouldn't be a repeat of executive meddling slaughtering BvS?

Looks like nothing has changed to me..

ryan299

@Borys_Kit
Hunt for FLASH director: it appears to change weekly as to who's up, who's down. Zemeckis was a frontrunner weeks ago before the other 2.

But Zemeckis' name is now resurfacing with the possible idea that Warners may wait for him to do his Steve Carell Universal movie first.

Justin Kroll adds that "the ball is in Bob and Matt's court."

a916

Remember when WB they were restructuring and putting one man in charge of the DCEU so that there wouldn't be a repeat of executive meddling slaughtering BvS?

How did you get from WB eying Vaugn and Vaughn a Flash movie to that??

Busty

Banned
It's interesting that we keep hearing the same variation of names for these future DCU gigs. Between Vaughn, Zemeckis and Raimi I wouldn't be surprised if they all ended up directing DC projects at some point.

I have a feeling that it'll be Zemeckis for The Flash and either Vaughn or Raimi for the next Man Of Steel film. We won't see The Flash until 2019 (or more likely 2020) at the very earliest so there's plenty of time for this all to come to fruition.

Vaughn has been rumoured to be getting into bed with Warners under the new regime for months so I wouldn't be surprised if the studio gives him the pick of whatever he wants to do in the DCU or otherwise.

Ashhong

The fuck are you talking about? How does a search for a director have anything to do with executive meddling?

Looks more like your troll game is as strong as ever

Ashhong

They cant settle on a director, so he came to the conclusion.

They are taking meetings and trying to decide who the best director is. You're putting words into the rumor mill's mouth.

That is completely different from say, hiring Zemeckis then 2 weeks later parting ways and hiring Raimi. For all we know it's Johns that is the driving force behind the meetings anyway.

The "executive meddling" in BvS was with the final cut of the movie, how is this a repeat of that?

Corpsepyre

Banned
They are taking meetings and trying to decide who the best director is. You're putting words into the rumor mill's mouth.

That is completely different from say, hiring Zemeckis then 2 weeks later parting ways and hiring Raimi. For all we know it's Johns that is the driving force behind the meetings anyway.

Hey, I was just assuming that's what he meant. I'm not the troll's partner here.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I would have suggested Guy Ritchie for Flash, but with King Arthur completely bombing that nixes any of that talk.

I think he would have been perfect for Suicide Squad though.

Ashhong

I would have suggested Guy Ritchie for Flash, but with King Arthur completely bombing that nixes any of that talk.

I think he would have been perfect for Suicide Squad though.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's still given the shot if he wanted. I don't think one bomb would kill his credit with the studio like that.

Shit, I always thought it was Ripcock. What the hell, this is so weird.

That's even worse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom