• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Preview/Impressions Thread - You will say "wow." (see post #217)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Firestorm said:
reputation_pos.gif
Feep
Post 217
(Today, 01:38 AM)
Yeah, this would also be pretty nice.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Jocchan said:
I think this would be more effective:

reputation_pos.gif
Feep
HE FUCKING TRAVELED
THROUGH TIME AND
JUMPED ON A DINOSAUR
AND USED IT TO KILL
MOTHERFUCKING ROBOT
ZOMBIES

(06-05-2009, 03:02 PM)
:lol That would be awesome if it was linked to his post.

Ramenman

Blizzard said:
Oh, you know what else Jackson needs to do? Convince Nintendo or some third party that a large video output for the DS would be awesome. Someone was suggesting that what they used at E3 was devkit hardware, which is obviously only available to (non-Bob) developers. Would anyone else think it'd be cool to be able to play some games on a computer or TV monitor (no emulation required)?

Have you guys never ever watched E3 coverage for DS games ? They've been on big screens since, like, the very first E3 the DS was shown...

It's no different than the material the online press uses to make custom vids of DS games either.

And yep it's pro only, as much as I'd like to play through Ace Attorney with my brother in a more comfortable way than looking over his shoulder every 10 minutes.

Jefklak

Holy shit @ this thread. Mind blowing!
Amazing game, amazing dev feedback, amazingly amazed! wow

Edit: 'mkay, marked pre-order buy in agenda :D

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Vard said:
The game has co-op too?? Can I have a link to this footage you speak of, please?

coop the show, not co-op gameplay. The footage if you want is in the OP, Cthulu vs. a lion 10:40 minutes in :)

Nocebo

Ramenman said:
And yep it's pro only, as much as I'd like to play through Ace Attorney with my brother in a more comfortable way than looking over his shoulder every 10 minutes.
Yes, this one of the reasons I'd want to play DS on a big screen tv. Also scribblenauts and professor layton, plus various other puzzle and adventure games.
If Nintendo ever releases an adapter for use with wii I'll buy it in an instant! They did it for other handhelds so I have hope.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I honestly think this will be my first ever day one DS game purchase, can't wait until it is released, really enjoyed reading through this thread.

Vard

BorkBork said:
coop the show, not co-op gameplay. The footage if you want is in the OP, Cthulu vs. a lion 10:40 minutes in :)

Ah, of course. I wondered why I hadn't heard anything about that. I'm not sure how co-op would work in this kind of game anyway. I think I'll be preordering from Amazon soon...

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Jocchan said:
Play.com is accepting preorders. I was going to wait a bit, till the game showed up on more sites and we got some news about preorder bonuses, but now I'm saying WHO CARES?
GAF, all those memes, Feep's post and who knows what else being in the game is bonus enough to me.

334spzr.png

Thanks! I just returned from GAME (and Sainsbury's to buy some super-tasty Mikado) and the person at GAME was all "Scribble-what?" No dice preordering there.

I think Feep's tag should be subtle. I like Firestorm's suggestion much better. It is, of course, all up to the mods though.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
SovanJedi said:
I think Feep's tag should be subtle. I like Firestorm's suggestion much better. It is, of course, all up to the mods though.
I usually like subtlety, but in this particular case I think I'd prefer something as explicit as the climax of post 217 :lol

Haru

Firestorm said:
Go to http://www.gamesforcanada.com/ and fill out the Direct Request Form. I know it says gamesforcanada, but he ships worldwide. He'll buy it from Amazon for you to his address, then ship it to you. He has Amazon Prime so shipping to him should be 1 day. Shipping from US to Japan might be longer =P

Thanks! Have you used his service before?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Shawsie64 said:
and sorry iv prob missed it heaps in this thread but when is it out?
This fall. Play.com has it for November 1st, but it could be a placeholder date.

jrricky

Banned
Jackson, Im wondering if there is going to be a 'Scribblepedia' in the game? It should record every single word that youve used and you can view what object it brings up.

Also is Feep gonna send you a picture of himself or are you guys going to surprise us on with his Scribbblenauts avatar?

GDGF

Soothsayer
Scribblenauts is one of the best things to ever happen to GAF.

You know, If you guys wanted to you could go the whole mass media route with Scribblenauts. Something like this is just screaming to be made into a Saturday morning cartoon (if those existed anymore, that is)

Scribblenauts could be Pokemon huge if Warner Bros. advertised it enough. It seriously seems to have that kind of addictive world quality (coupled with an endearing art style)

tabsina

Visualante said:
Has the developer considered terrible voice recognition? It could be fun and frustrating at the same time.

I just sent a link to the vids to my dad, and he asked about that too (voice recognition).. I think it'd be neat, but not necessary

CorwinB

Jackson said:
You won't need to, it'll be in Europe this Fall.

If this is translated in French for release, that's an extra 4 copies sold for Christmas (wife, daughter, mother and brother). I'll get mine in English (already preordered).

Ramenman

I want to know about the release dates so I know if it's worth importing. I could double dip anyway, especially if it has some kind of cheap multiplayer mode.

jrricky said:
Jackson, Im wondering if there is going to be a 'Scribblepedia' in the game? It should record every single word that youve used and you can view what object it brings up.

Oh yeah, so that when we wonder what object a word brings up we just type it in the Scribblepedia to quickly check it out, rather than typing it directly in the game to quickly check it out which could prove to be a far more tedious process.

wait...

GDGF said:
Scribblenauts is one of the best things to ever happen to GAF.

What ? How did you come up with that ? Screw GAF, this is one of the best things to happen to videogames :/

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
Dacvak said:
Oh, and put Zombie Jesus in the game. =D
If the zombies are proper zombies, just put jesus and a zombie, blam zombie jesus.

Add a velociraptor and you get Zombie Raptor Jesus for a quality scribblemas.
Ramenman said:
Oh yeah, so that when we wonder what object a word brings up we just type it in the Scribblepedia to quickly check it out, rather than typing it directly in the game to quickly check it out which could prove to be a far more tedious process.
The important part you seem to have missed in his post:
that you've used

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Masklinn said:
If the zombies are proper zombies, just put jesus and a zombie, blam zombie jesus.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Masklinn said:

It has been confirmed that if God gets bitten by a zombie he becomes Zombie God, so it only makes sense the same thing could happen to Jesus.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Somehow I don't think they're going to go out of there way to put any famous religious figures in (god is getting a pass because I do believe it's in the polytheistic sense) We'll probably get a generic 'prophet' but Jesus would be straight out.

I'm sure you could zombify the prophet, though.

Ramenman

Masklinn said:

The important part you seem to have missed in his post:

I did see that part, but the overall self-wondering the other part of the post spawned in me overtook the controls of my emotions during the redaction of the above post.

A "unlock percentage" could be interesting, but I don't know if I'd try to get 100% on this game :p

Willeth

Is Jackson still lurking around? I'd be interested in finding out the changes they've made (if any) for localisation. At a base level, a Brit means something very different to an American when they use the word 'torch'.

Of course, this would add a whole other layer of work on top of the game's own vocabulary, so I don't expect too much. I just need to know which hat I should be wearing when playing the game.

Ydahs

jrricky said:

Also is Feep gonna send you a picture of himself or are you guys going to surprise us on with his Scribbblenauts avatar?
I like it. It would be a nice addition, but it seems that 5th Cell is already struggling to add in anymore content. Regardless, this game has skyrocketed to one of my most anticipated games (right after Chrono Break... Believe) and I shall support 5th Cell by buying Lock's Quest before the end of the year!

Jackson, if you're still around, how's the team reacting to the feedback the game is getting? You must have all thought that such an enormous task is going to be incredibly risky, and you must all be thrilled at the amazing response from the gaming public. Seriously, I cannot remember another time I've been so hyped up for a game! I might have to import it if it isn't coming out in Australia this year.

Top Bottom