• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SDCC: New Thor: Ragnarok trailer released

Well, Clement is already tied up with a Fox Marvel property at the moment, so don't hold your breath.

edit: Oh, I had it just pointed out to me elsewhere that the woman on the left of Goldblum in the trailer is the Child Welfare Officer from Hunt for the Wilderpeople.

20245377_1101217703344744_7972273508044486746_n.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Well, Clement is already tied up with a Fox Marvel property at the moment, so don't hold your breath.

Legion? Oh, they don't care. Fishburne is Perry White over at DC and he's in Antman and The Wasp. Plus, nobody watches Legion.

We'll need talking Hulk when they do World War Hulk next, right?

Do we have any idea how likely a Thor 4 is? I had assumed that the original Avengers RDJ, Evans, Johansson and Hemsworth would be leaving after the Infinity War films, mainly because it'll probably be too expensive to keep renewing their contracts.

i dont think Hemsworth is that expensive TBH.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
"Mark Ruffalo would be finished shooting for the day," Waititi recalled, "and he'd come up to me and he'd be like, 'Why have we not been fired yet? We are doing the most insane stuff in this film, so where's the phone call?'"
This... This makes me extremely excited.

I really hope this is the case, and that this is Thor's Winter Soldier (as Feige said). As much as I love the MCU, the formula it's using is good and bad at the same time and to me personally it's leaning more towards the bad lately.

I really hope this is the case, and that this is Thor's Winter Soldier (as Feige said). As much as I love the MCU, the formula it's using is good and bad at the same time and to me personally it's leaning more towards the bad.
That god of lightning shot in the trailer alone is the coolest Thor has ever been in the entire MCU

Someone explain the Fire Demon to me and how it ties into this movie with Hela being the actual threat... Hulk looks hopelessly outmatched against it.

Ithil

Someone explain the Fire Demon to me and how it ties into this movie with Hela being the actual threat... Hulk looks hopelessly outmatched against it.

It's Surtur, king of the fire giants and the being who actually brings about Ragnarok. Most like Hela's goal is to release him.

Everybody keeps talking about Jemaine but what about Bret? I need my Flight of the Concords reunion already.
Brett has kind of moved away from the limelight since he made the music and won the Oscar for the Muppets come back film.

I don't know what happened? I hope it's simply that he achieved what he aimed to do in the industry, and went back to music?.

Edit: all I see is that he also did the music for Muppets most wanted, and besides that he only has the flight of the conchords movie in the books

Llyranor

Will Thor 1/2 be required viewing for this? I've seen them, but don't want to force whoever else I go with (who has seen the Avengers films) to see them.

It's Surtur, king of the fire giants and the being who actually brings about Ragnarok. Most like Hela's goal is to release him.

This makes complete sense. I'm going to presume that Stephen Strange somehow saves Hulk and Thor is left drifting in space after Surtur destroys Asgard.

edit: Oh, I had it just pointed out to me elsewhere that the woman on the left of Goldblum in the trailer is the Child Welfare Officer from Hunt for the Wilderpeople.

Man, I love it when directors do this; especially when they're smaller directors who hit the big time. Like James Gunn using Michael Rooker in everything.

Avengers: World War Hulk.

Yep. After Thanos is dealt with maybe making Hulk the main villain would be a good twist while they set up more recurring villains for the MCU.
As a delaying tactic while they barter for Doom & Galactus from FOX.

That god of lightning shot in the trailer alone is the coolest Thor has ever been in the entire MCU

It's fantastic; I love it so much. I've watched this trailer tons already and that's probably the best shot. I also love the shot of Hela facing the oncoming tide of Valkyries.

Gotta say I really like this trailer.

Also not normally a fan of the, not sure of the right word but "gothy" look but holy hell Cate Blanchett... I'll be in my bunk.

Brett has kind of moved away from the limelight since he made the music and won the Oscar for the Muppets come back film.

I don't know what happened? I hope it's simply that he achieved what he aimed to do in the industry, and went back to music?.

Edit: all I see is that he also did the music for Muppets most wanted, and besides that he only has the flight of the conchords movie in the books

Wait there's a Flight of the Conchords movie? When did this happen?

Cafeman

Ha ha! "No Child Left Behind" woman, still trying to catch up with Ricky Baker (who is now in Deadpool 2 ). I love that film.

Shaanyboi

Banned

She was on the Comic-Con panel and I had no idea why. Did not recognize her before.

Kin5290

She's Rachel House aka Gramma Tala from Moana.

I have to say I was really underwhelmed by the first trailer for Ragnarok and my hype basically disappeared but I've watched this one like 20 times so far and now cannot wait.

Who is beta ray bill that everyone keeps talking about?

The guy who is so far into the badass noble warrior schtick that when shit gets rough, Odin calls him in to help since Thor's punk ass isn't enough to get shit done. So noble and badass that Thor needs Bill to tone shit down so everyone else doesn't look bad.

1767139-betaraybill_800.jpg

Beta_ray_bill.jpg

A wielder of Mjolnir, though Odin did forge a separate hammer for him.

A guy so manly that Sif immediately wants to run off with him without a second thought about any other man in the universe. Not a dry seat in Asgard when he comes visiting.

tumblr_m657vwvIF61qfh5o8o3_1280.jpg

Some horse dude who lifted the hammer and everyone went nuts about. He's just whatever.

Not

Banned

The Anti-Han Solo

Lucasfilm, take a trip to the other side of the office and see what they're doing

Kevin Feige stopped having to report directly to Perlmutter

Ya, no way Zendaya would be able to crack about the Washington Monument's evil origins if Likable Ike was steering the ship.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Some horse dude who lifted the hammer and everyone went nuts about. He's just whatever.

The *first* person to ever lift Mjolnir that wasn't Thor or Odin (or a machine).

The dude who defeated Thor in open combat to earn the right to wield the hammer, but chose to save Thor's life instead of taking victory in what was to be a battle to the death.

The dude who impressed Odin enough to craft a second hammer just for him, an outsider to Asgard.

Beta Ray Bill is amazing fool. You best recognize.

KodaRuss

Loved the music from the trailer. Perturbator right?

This movie looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Edit : Magic Sword not Perturbator.

Top Bottom