• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SDCC: New Thor: Ragnarok trailer released

antonz

Ha ha! "No Child Left Behind" woman, still trying to catch up with Ricky Baker (who is now in Deadpool 2 ). I love that film.

Taika brought her and Sam Neill on set. So a decent little Wilderpeople reunion. So far no idea what role if any Sam has though there is bound to be something maybe a quick scene with Jeff

Cuburt

That is a lot of improv but I don't think Marvel letting the actors improv is too abnormal though.

RDJ has always improvised lines. In Whedon's film, I think he let the cast improv lines occasionally or he'd throw them lines right on the the set. The actors might not have been riffing, besides Downey, but I think Whedon liked the collaborative, free-flowing environment, sometimes even writing brand new scenes on the set for AoU that he think might look cool. Sean Gunn improvised a lot of lines for Rocket on set that James Gunn might like and work into the script for Cooper. Peyton Reed seemed to let the actors improvise a lot for Ant-Man, but they did reel in Paul Rudd for much of the film to play the straight man to his wacky friends.

I don't know if this was covered yet, but in this picture are:
- Beta Ray Bill
- Man Thing
- Bi-Beast
- Ares

I'm still trying to figure out wtf we're looking at. Is it some sort of monument to champions of the arena?

I'm not 100% convinced that's Bill, but the others definitely appear to be Man-Thing, Bi-Beast and Ares.

CLEEK

That is a lot of improv but I don't think Marvel letting the actors improv is too abnormal though.

The Jon Favreau Iron Man films had a ton of improv. Jeff Bridges said that for the first film, they didn't even have a script, just scene outlines that they would all collaborate on and improvise their dialogue. The same was true for the second film, that they started shooting to meet a tight release date before anything was really nailed down.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2596674/iron-man-2-don-cheadle-improv/

The *first* person to ever lift Mjolnir that wasn't Thor or Odin (or a machine).

The dude who defeated Thor in open combat to earn the right to wield the hammer, but chose to save Thor's life instead of taking victory in what was to be a battle to the death.

The dude who impressed Odin enough to craft a second hammer just for him, an outsider to Asgard.

Beta Ray Bill is amazing fool. You best recognize.
Preach.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So I've been away on vacation for the past week, have been catching up with the ComicCon trailers, when I came across THIS magnificent beast of a movie poster:

DRINK IT ALL IN
15007740518439653ubxo.jpg

And I promptly watched the trailer...like ten times in a fucking row. I think this is my most anticipated movie for the rest of this year now, holy shit this looks incredible!!!!.

Sam Neill is...Beta Ray Bill!

Would bring the noble badassness to the voice that Bill deserves. Dammit.

Meanwhile, waiting to hear what Karl Urban does with Skurge's voice.

Was watching an interview with Karl Urban and he said Skurge has replaced Heimdall, who is MIA, as the dude in charge of the Bifrost then Hela invades and he joins her.

Yeah, that will go over well.

Wait! Maybe he sees the error of his ways and his last stand is stopping Hela's army from using the Bifrost to invade the 9 realms.

He stood alone...

Dalek

The *first* person to ever lift Mjolnir that wasn't Thor or Odin (or a machine).

The dude who defeated Thor in open combat to earn the right to wield the hammer, but chose to save Thor's life instead of taking victory in what was to be a battle to the death.

The dude who impressed Odin enough to craft a second hammer just for him, an outsider to Asgard.

Beta Ray Bill is amazing fool. You best recognize.

I just read this the other night. It's a great story and Beta Ray Bill is a true legend. This movies biggest mistake was not including him-I have to just think that with him in the movie there would be less budget for Hulk and that's why he's not there.

I just read this the other night. It's a great story and Beta Ray Bill is a true legend. This movies biggest mistake was not including him-I have to just think that with him in the movie there would be less budget for Hulk and that's why he's not there.

Bill so badass that when Surtur comes knocking, Odin calls a favor in because he needs asses kicked.

And Bill just rolls in with Sif in tow, since she followed him to kick ass together, all chill because now he gets to bust some skulls with his best friends.

RDJ has always improvised lines. In Whedon's film, I think he let the cast improv lines occasionally or he'd throw them lines right on the the set. The actors might not have been riffing, besides Downey, but I think Whedon liked the collaborative, free-flowing environment, sometimes even writing brand new scenes on the set for AoU that he think might look cool. Sean Gunn improvised a lot of lines for Rocket on set that James Gunn might like and work into the script for Cooper. Peyton Reed seemed to let the actors improvise a lot for Ant-Man, but they did reel in Paul Rudd for much of the film to play the straight man to his wacky friends.

I think I see it

The last scene, where Hulk and Thor are talking, Hulk says 'Hulk like Raging fire, Thor like smoldering fire' and you can catch a glimpse of him breaking and giggling.

I just watched What We Do in the Shadows and if T:R has half as much quirky humor it's going to be great. It'll be interesting to see how much of the trailer makes it into the movie; an extended chat between Thor and Hulk before they fight could be really funny.

neoanarch

I just watched What We Do in the Shadows and if T:R has half as much quirky humor it's going to be great. It'll be interesting to see how much of the trailer makes it into the movie; an extended chat between Thor and Hulk before they fight could be really funny.
The Arena and the final scene are Taika af.

Was it already posted that Taika said the current cut of the film has a runtime of about 100 minutes?

http://collider.com/thor-ragnarok-run-time-revealed-taika-waititi/

“The cut right now, I reckon it’s about 100 minutes. It’s not gonna be a very, very long film. I think that stories are better when you leave them wanting more, and this film moves at a clip, it’s got stuff happening all the time. I think people are still gonna feel exhausted by the end, they’ve been on this big journey and stuff, so I don’t think we need the film to be three hours.”

Shortest MCU film to date is Incredible Hulk at 112 minutes.

LionPride

Banned
Was it already posted that Taika said the current cut of the film has a runtime of about 100 minutes?

“The cut right now, I reckon it’s about 100 minutes. It’s not gonna be a very, very long film. I think that stories are better when you leave them wanting more, and this film moves at a clip, it’s got stuff happening all the time. I think people are still gonna feel exhausted by the end, they’ve been on this big journey and stuff, so I don’t think we need the film to be three hours.”

God damn

Get in and get out

I dig it

They just finished reshoots so I think it'll be longer because they're still a ways off from the final cut. Probably gonna be under 120 minutes.

iFirez

I'm not sure if we've talked about this yet... but Thor's look at the start of the movie (we think) is this:

Images of the Thor figure from Hot Toys said:
Because well... the long hair for one.

We've seen him with that same spiked back object before too -- and the Hot Toys page for this figure says "Additionally, the most distinctive feature of this collectible figure is the Surtur's skull that can be magnetically attached to the back of the figure along with a metal chain!"

Does this mean Surtur is dead and Thor is guarding his skull on his back to make sure he isn't resurrected or something? Because we saw in this recent trailer that Hulk goes to fight Surtur (probably with Thor) but why does Thor already have Surtur's skull strapped to his back at the start of the movie when he has long hair?

Bill so badass that when Surtur comes knocking, Odin calls a favor in because he needs asses kicked.

And Bill just rolls in with Sif in tow, since she followed him to kick ass together, all chill because now he gets to bust some skulls with his best friends.

Now I wish the title of the film was Thor: Ragnarok and Roll

I'm not sure if we've talked about this yet... but Thor's look at the start of the movie (we think) is this:

Because well... the long hair for one.

We've seen him with that same spiked back object before too -- and the Hot Toys page for this figure says "Additionally, the most distinctive feature of this collectible figure is the Surtur’s skull that can be magnetically attached to the back of the figure along with a metal chain!"

Does this mean Surtur is dead and Thor is guarding his skull on his back to make sure he isn't resurrected or something? Because we saw in this recent trailer that Hulk goes to fight Surtur (probably with Thor) but why does Thor already have Surtur's skull strapped to his back at the start of the movie when he has long hair?

I'm guessing at the start of the movie, he preemptively tries to stop Ragnarok and the events of his visions by collecting Surtur's skull and delivering it to Asgard for safe keeping. But in doing so he unwittingly releases Hela or something.

AndersK

Won't stop the usual suspects from complaining about muh quips

Top Bottom