• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Spicer Had Meltdown After Comey Firing, Hiding in Bushes and Demanding Darkness

Gattsu25

Banned
Decided to make this thread because not everyone has the time to dive through a 50+ page megathread to find this news.

Title stolen from Yahoo article.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ambled-to-explain-why/?utm_term=.71f06ea57510
White House press secretary Sean Spicer wrapped up his brief interview with Fox Business from the White House grounds late Tuesday night and then disappeared into the shadows, huddling with his staff behind a tall hedge. To get back to his office, Spicer would have to pass a swarm of reporters wanting to know why President Trump suddenly decided to fire the FBI director.

For more than three hours, Spicer and his staff had been scrambling to answer that question
. Spicer had wanted to drop the bombshell news in an emailed statement, but it was not transmitting quickly enough, so he ended up standing in the doorway of the press office around 5:40 p.m. and shouting a statement to reporters who happened to be nearby. He then vanished, with his staff locking the door leading to his office. The press staff said that Spicer might do a briefing, then announced that he definitely wouldn't say anything more that night. But as Democrats and Republicans began to criticize and question the firing with increasing levels of alarm, Spicer and two prominent spokeswomen were suddenly speed-walking up the White House drive to defend the president on CNN, Fox News and Fox Business.

“Another Tuesday at the White House,” Sarah Huckabee Sanders quipped as she finished speaking on Fox News from its outdoor set, as the voice of Kellyanne Conway continued to spar with CNN's Anderson Cooper from the next booth over.

After Spicer spent several minutes hidden in the bushes behind these sets, Janet Montesi, an executive assistant in the press office, emerged and told reporters that Spicer would answer some questions, as long as he was not filmed doing so. Spicer then emerged.

“Just turn the lights off. Turn the lights off,” he ordered. “We'll take care of this. ... Can you just turn that light off?”

Spicer got his wish and was soon standing in near darkness between two tall hedges, with more than a dozen reporters closely gathered around him.

More at the source.

Alternative Sources:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/sean-spicer-had-meltdown-trump-153543689.html
http://www.theroot.com/sean-spicy-facts-spicer-hid-in-the-bushes-to-avoid-the-1795101651
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/sean-spicer-spent-several-minutes-hidden-the-bushes
http://www.businessinsider.com/sean...avoid-media-questions-on-comeys-firing-2017-5

Or, as Ithil said it:
3ohzdQqR0D5r3tmP0Q.gif

Edit: Image from last night for those that want additional visuals:

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Dude is gonna just start throwing poop or something at one of his press briefings. Feels like he's going to have a gigantic melt down any day now.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This is...sad. I'm gonna guess migraine headache. I get the feeling he's the most "out of the loop" press secretary in modern history.

akira28

lol he's away on naval reserve duty right now.

Imagine being so shook about something you're out hiding in the fucking bushes in the dark shouting at people. Goddamn.

not necessarily shook. maybe just using his device in dark mode to try to get some answers from el Jefe via text.

So does the FBI request for more money get denied? lol questions like that he would definitely like to avoid.

He was so ready to just be done with the day and have his week off and this shitstorm probably started minutes before he was heading home. The stress of having to deal with that much bullshit on a basically daily basis has to be pretty wearing on his body/mind. I mean he did kinda know what he was getting into with the job but at the same time I don't think even he knew it would be this bad and only getting worse with every day.

ezekial45

Banned
I expect to see him replaced soon. This guy just isn't able to handle all this, and I feel that the upcoming SNL episode may drive that home even further.

Boke1879

I still can't get over him hiding behind bushes and telling people to tun off lights.

This is a grown ass man yall.

slit

I still can't get over him hiding behind bushes and telling people to tun off lights.

This is a grown ass man yall.

It really shouldn't be surprising. Trump has surrounded himself with very emotionally unstable people. They are easier to control.

Gattsu25

Banned
Imagine being so shook about something you're out hiding in the fucking bushes in the dark shouting at people. Goddamn.

I find it hard to sympathize. He decided to put himself into the untenable situation of needing to defend every half-baked action that Trump does.

The fact that he had 3 hours to prep and the best defense he had could only be delivered in the cover of darkness without an audio/video record speaks volumes.

Boke1879

I feel sorry for the guy. Must be a pretty much impossible job to do properly.

I don't. Because he can always quit.

Most of America would understand if he just said "fuck it, I'm out."

But he's willingly participating in this. And for what? Dude is probably going to be fired pretty soon anyway.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
so he ended up standing in the doorway of the press office around 5:40 p.m. and shouting a statement to reporters who happened to be nearby. He then vanished, with his staff locking the door leading to his office.

Janet Montesi, an executive assistant in the press office, emerged and told reporters that Spicer would answer some questions, as long as he was not filmed doing so. Spicer then emerged.

“Just turn the lights off. Turn the lights off,” he ordered. “We'll take care of this. ... Can you just turn that light off?”

Spicer got his wish and was soon standing in near darkness between two tall hedges, with more than a dozen reporters closely gathered around him.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

This administration.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
After Spicer spent several minutes hidden in the bushes behind these sets, Janet Montesi, an executive assistant in the press office, emerged and told reporters that Spicer would answer some questions, as long as he was not filmed doing so. Spicer then emerged.

😂

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'm not sure if I should feel bad for the guy

I mean if he had any dignity or pride for his country and its people, he could have walked away from this role at any time. Sure it would have created a fierce enemy from Trump, but if handled in the right way the public can be very forgiving. Can be a real force for right too.

He chose to stick it out though. The country is in a far worse place, trust is shriveling daily, and he is the mouthpiece filtering information to the public. He made his own bed.

I find it hard to sympathize. He decided to put himself into the untenable situation of needing to defend every half-baked action that Trump does.

The fact that he had 3 hours to prep and the best defense he had could only be delivered in the cover of darkness without an audio/video record speaks volumes.

Oh, I don't sympathize, Spicer is a piece of shit

Top Bottom