• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Season 2.5 balance patch announced for Street Fighter V

FluxWaveZ

The clap should be back to its original frame data since th restriction on the wall. Felt that nerf was too much in conjunction to the wall nerf. Should have been one or the other.

NuckleDu talked about it in this interview. Basically, he thought it made her more fun and unique.

They were brainless together.

What was brainless about the invisible wall? Or do you mean, in conjunction? If so then, yeah, I guess I'd agree with that. It was fundamentally that the clap was too powerful because the invisible wall was in play, which made the move brainless. I still think that the clap wouldn't be great if it were safe on block again. But it doesn't need to have 8f of startup anymore, either.

Edzi

NuckleDu talked about it in this interview. Basically, he thought it made her more fun and unique.

What was brainless about the invisible wall? Or do you mean, in conjunction?

Yeah, in conjunction they were ridiculous. Clap was crazy good on its own, and the fact that you got a free wall bounce on top of that was beyond stupid.

Though tbh, I think the wall bounce working from anywhere was dumb on its own too.

Skilletor

AKUMA BUFFED
rejoice.png

Tokido confirmed EVO 2017 champ

Not if he has to fight Guile.

Guile with better AA...That matchup is fucking rough.

I feel someone justified with my ranting about Ken now. I told you the nerfs were too much. Feels good...

Enjoying my SP stuff a little too much so we be back anytime soon, maybe later this summer I'll dust off my Ken though. Looking forward to see if Momochi improves..

EDIT: Ken still looks pretty basic, nvm...no buffs to his stubby normals.

aaaaaa

I posted some of this on the main SFV thread, but I added more details here. I like how all but the top 2 got off without significant nerfs.

S2.0 Top Tier
Guile
Lots of partial reverts. He was mid-high tier in S1 so he'll be at least that good.
Urien
Reverted health. c.MK on block reverted to -2. EX Headbutt much worse recovery after a whiff. EX Chariot on block from 0 to -2 and reduced pushback. Better j.LK. Floechart Urien untouched, V-Trigger untouched.

High Tier
Cammy
Got a NEW MOVE, an air throw. SRK buffs. EX Spike has bigger hitbox. I think they were trolling here by adding a bunch of buffs like they did at the start of Season 2 -- air throw and the EX Spike change are probably useless.
Laura -- L Bolt Charge and c.LK got tiny nerfs.
Balrog -- Health revert. Virtually unchanged.
Ibuki -- nothing! VesperArcade called it.
Necalli -- Reverted v-trigger Disc's Guidance advantage on block (all versions). Tiny.
Rashid -- s.LK a worse anti-air. Fair.

Mid Tier
Akuma -- SRK buffs, tiny health buff.
Chun -- Nothing :( She needed a little more.
Dhalsim -- new move, df+MK, seems minor. the itty bitty throw range change was in the kolin patch.
Ken -- Thunder Kick reverted to unsafe on block. SRK buffs.
Zangief -- Three new moves! Lariat nerfed. Will need to be tested out.

Low Tier
Alex
Reverted to S1 stats on s.MP, s.MK, and EX Air Knee. Partial reverts on c.MP and L Elbow. Not enough since he wasn't that great in S1.
Nash
Dash, sHP, cMK, M Scythe partial reverts. EX Scythe reverted. One leg reattached, i.e. not enough.
Birdie
Lots of partial reverts. He was really good in S1. I don't know if he got enough here.
Ryu
s.MP hitbox reverted (hurtbox still worse). s.LK reverted. SRK buffs. Probably not enough to be a good character, but he's usable now.
Vega
Slightly better claw s.HP. Huge improvements on claw c.HP, now +3 or more on block and hit. Claw dive goes from 0 to +3 on block and does more damage, possibly to balance out the M SRK airborne attack invincibility. None of these were in S1. EX crimson terror minor buff.
Juri -- No more LP anti-air. Standard SRK buffs. RIP Juri.
Fang -- Partial revert buffs, mostly on move speed. Still bad.

leroidys

I'm very happy with the Alex changes. MK should be a reasonable poke again, and slash elbow reduced disadvantage on block should help me a lot in getting in. I'll still suck, but maybe I won't lose all my LP like when season 2 dropped. Definitely back in when the balance change hits.

Perineum

Gief getting nerfs and new moves. I don't know...why not just give him the moves and leave him be? Guy isn't winning majors anytime soon unless these new moves replace what green hand did in previous SF games.

Qvoth

wait wait, only true shoto shoryukens get that property buff? so necalli's shoryuken doesn't get it?
what the fuck

Gief getting nerfs and new moves. I don't know...why not just give him the moves and leave him be? Guy isn't winning majors anytime soon unless these new moves replace what green hand did in previous SF games.

Gief just made top 8 at Final Round. He can definitely win majors this year even without green glove.

wait wait, only true shoto shoryukens get that property buff? so necalli's shoryuken doesn't get it?
what the fuck
Necalli doesn't even need a DP though?

He has a command grab dude...

The DP nerf actually hurt Ken/Ryu's defense. Guile/Ibuik/Necalli etc...still have EX, which is what they are used to using in the first place.

Wallach

what the fuck

I want to say Necalli's DP already worked this way, and they're changing the others to behave consistently like his across the three strengths.

Edit - I just noticed Vega's buffs. Jesus, did they mistake Vega for Alex? He's going to be a problem.

Top Bottom