• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Season's Beatings: Velocity | Fighting game tournament | October 14-16

Photos from Season's Beatings are live on my site: http://bit.ly/pYp8gH

Stayed up last night weeding through three or four hundred photos. An official write up of this weekends event will come when I get some damn sleep. Had a blast though.

IT

USD

Had to leave halfway through Marvel finals, but just watched the rest. Lots of great matches. Congrats to Job, he was playing amazingly well the entire weekend.

Greatest game of all time.

mashljurh.gif

Zissou

USD said:
Had to leave halfway through Marvel finals, but just watched the rest. Lots of great matches. Congrats to Job, he was playing amazingly well the entire weekend.

mashljurh.gif
I laughed so hard when I was watching that on the stream

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
USD said:

mashljurh.gif
This needs to have a "STILL THE BEST GAME EVER" overlay on it to make it complete.

Man these tourney threads are huge, seems like they're getting bigger every event O_O

Bizazedo said:
So was the team tournament in Marvel really at $20 per person on the team?

That seems a bit high.

As far as I know there was no team tournament, the singles of Marvel and AE were both $20 as they wanted to experiment with the bigger pot for main event ideas. Also because the venue is small and they wanted to limit the number of people coming.

Corky said:
Uryo?! You lost to dat Sak poongko?

:(((

He lost to Uryo in Godsgarden too. Contrary to popular belief Seth is definetely not high or even worse top tier, there are many matchups which are just dreadful for him and Sakura is one of them.

scytheavatar said:
As far as I know there was no team tournament, the singles of Marvel and AE were both $20 as they wanted to experiment with the bigger pot for main event ideas. Also because the venue is small and they wanted to limit the number of people coming.

He lost to Uryo in Godsgarden too. Contrary to popular belief Seth is definetely not high or even worse top tier, there are many matchups which are just dreadful for him and Sakura is one of them.

Seth: weak against schoolgirls :p

Neki

Grecco said:
Yup. Noel Brown got exposed hard this weekend.
no he didn't, he was the one who picked flocker instead of chrisg for the east coast team. what an amazing pick, flocker finished 1st, and chrisg finished like 7th? that guy is a genius.

Grecco

Ultimoo said:
no he didn't, he was the one who picked flocker instead of chrisg for the east coast team. what an amazing pick, flocker finished 1st, and chrisg finished like 7th? that guy is a genius.

He probably should have replaced himself with Chris G then in the EC/WC thing then . /trollsmiley

Ultimoo said:
Brown also went 1-4 in the WC/EC battle, losing it for his coast. He also did nothing to help Team Good, unless you count adding Flocker. Sounds like an exposure to me.

scytheavatar said:

I think there was a team tourny. Yipes was talking about it on stream one time, like it was him/Viscant/Jago on a team. Who knows how that went.

Professor Beef said:
Brown also went 1-4 in the WC/EC battle, losing it for his coast. He also did nothing to help Team Good, unless you count adding Flocker. Sounds like an exposure to me.

Chris G even placed higher than him in singles

trollface.jpg

The only saving Grace he had this week was his Flocker pick working out (plus getting that pot money for Good vs Evil)

Beth Cyra

Professor Beef said:
PR Rog also did pretty bad in the WVE, just as bad as brown so using that doesn't mean much.

Thing is Rog bounced back and did real well in both AE and Marvel singles were Brown didn't.

At this point it was just a bad weekend for the guy more then a real exposure.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
scytheavatar said:

I actually play Seth, though haven't played sakuras so couldn't speak to that match up. Also it's just poongko that makes him look top tier, he's not called the machine for nothing. I'd place Seth in a mid/upper-mid spot, tier-wise.

Ledsen said:
You got the timestamps? I need them uuuuuurgh

Bah sorry bro, the clip was right on the TS frontpage so I just watched it all several hours in a row.

Wallach

USD said:

mashljurh.gif

Someone needs to 'shop a Viv Thomas logo on this shit.

The only reason 1 out of 5 Brown is relevant is because of The smooth viper punch, the bracket shenanigans, and has his hands in Justin Wongs pocket.

Lethality

Grecco said:
He probably should have replaced himself with Chris G then in the EC/WC thing then . /trollsmiley

This ROFL.
Grats to Flocker for winning me some mone- I mean on that SBVI win. Good shit!
Just skimmed through some of the post... the Viscant hate is strong. I mean, sure he uses Phoenix, but he did get through EVO. Even with DP beating the likes of Justin and PR Rog isn't as simple as it sounds. Phoenix isn't an instant-win button after all.
Viscant played great, he reset the set after all, It's just that Flocker player much better.

Top Bottom