• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

dLMN8R

Blue Moon burgers are fucking amazing. It's scary and dangerous that I live two blocks away from the Capitol Hill one.

Cool, its just up from Paseo (love that midnight press). I'll check both Uneeda and Lil Woodys.
Paseo's is so godlike. I literally would be fine eating nothing else for the rest of my life.

Blue Moon burgers are fucking amazing. It's scary and dangerous that I live two blocks away from the Capitol Hill one.
I must've gotten the wrong thing there, cause to me it was super bland and way overpriced. Any recommendations for what to try next time?

ps. where's the pax-related gaf slam jam gonna be.
Good question. We must make this one for the ages.

dLMN8R

The Blue Shroom burger and Cajun are my favorite. The fries (especially garlic parmesan) and tater tots are excellent too.

Maybe I exaggerated it a little bit, but one of the main reasons why I really love it is because they have gluten free buns and know how to prepare stuff gluten free so that my gluten-intolerant wife can eat there without worrying about it.

Dude. You guys. Seriously. You guys. Dude.

Cooper's Alehouse, in the Maple Leaf area. They have this thing they call "totchos". It's nachos, but with Tater Tors instead of chips.

Dude. Seriously.

Cooper's Alehouse, in the Maple Leaf area. They have this thing they call "totchos". It's nachos, but with Tater Tors instead of chips.

Dude. Seriously.

Cooper's also has a killer tap list and kick ass craft beer events. Not very far from us in Greenlake. Really nice that I can take my little one there.

Cooper's also has a killer tap list and kick ass craft beer events. Not very far from us in Greenlake. Really nice that I can take my little one there.

Yeah, except it's IPA fest right now and IPA is my least favorite type of beer. They did still have something good on tap though. I can't remember the specific beer, but I had some sort of Porter or Stout that I liked.

dubc35

What is this bright ball in the sky providing warmth?

I've been to Cooper's once (live pretty close to it) but it seemed kind of like a dive bar, not that I'm against that. Is it? I couldn't tell from my one visit.

I've been to Cooper's once (live pretty close to it) but it seemed kind of like a dive bar, not that I'm against that. Is it? I couldn't tell from my one visit.

It's a little divey, but not one of those really good ones where there's that same 60 year old woman with missing teeth trying to pick up on every guy who walks in the place in the hopes of getting a free drink out of him.

Sarcasm

I have enough warmth to share over here in Taiwan.

Though I miss the mountains and ocean of my birth homeland...=S

=(

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Yeah, except it's IPA fest right now and IPA is my least favorite type of beer. They did still have something good on tap though. I can't remember the specific beer, but I had some sort of Porter or Stout that I liked.

IPA is like the Cilantro of beers. See, you could go for subtlety, or smoothness, or something clever, or BAM you could just make it taste of fucking hops. Ignoring the fact that Hops isn't a pleasant flavor for most people and that brewers over the centuries have done their best to smooth that flavor out.

Fuck IPAs.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Holy shit.

Last weekend, I saw Jiro Dreams of Sushi at the Harvard Exit theater. Excellent movie - everyone should see it.

Today, I find out that one apprentice of Jiro is named Shiro. He opened Shiro's in Seattle.

And recently, another guy who was actually in the movie joined Shiro's too!

Shiro's is easily the best in Seattle, but ONLY if you sit at the bar and especially if you order Omakase. If Shiro himself is there, expect to have to have your mind completely blown. And eat the Shrimp heads. You will not be sorry. Don't worry, the antennae are like nachos. Also, talk to him about Zatoichi. He loves Zatoichi.

IPA is like the Cilantro of beers. See, you could go for subtlety, or smoothness, or something clever, or BAM you could just make it taste of fucking hops. Ignoring the fact that Hops isn't a pleasant flavor for most people and that brewers over the centuries have done their best to smooth that flavor out.

Fuck IPAs.

High Five!

Porter is the king of beers, says I

Chichikov

Shiro's is easily the best in Seattle, but ONLY if you sit at the bar and especially if you order Omakase. If Shiro himself is there, expect to have to have your mind completely blown. And eat the Shrimp heads. You will not be sorry. Don't worry, the antennae are like nachos. Also, talk to him about Zatoichi. He loves Zatoichi.
Go to Jae's, sit at the bar and ask them to surprise you.
They will.

I never really got why people in this town go so crazy over Shiro's, but to each his own.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I don't mind IPAs, but it seems like the Northwest is obsessed with it. The majority of microbrews I see in stores fit in the IPA category. Is it just an easier beer to make or something?

That pinball museum looks great. I can't believe that I've not seen it yet. We're eastsiders, but my wife and I take the bus over to the ID with the kids all the time, especially in the winter. Must of just missed it.

Spring is here though, so less city trips and more hiking and camping now.

I don't mind IPAs, but it seems like the Northwest is obsessed with it. The majority of microbrews I see in stores fit in the IPA category. Is it just an easier beer to make or something?

It's popular and the majority of the country's hops are grown locally.

blurrygil

have you guys eaten at lil woody's burger place by any chance? my word what a burger.

Amazing food. Went there on day 3 from grand opening.

it. rules. probably my favorite burger in town.

This.

KATSU BURGER is fucking incredible.

And THIS. Best non-traditional burgers...like, ever from anywhere.

The best part? they're planning on opening a bigger one perhaps on Cap Hill or of the likes.

Dude. Seriously.

Been there. I'm gaining weight just thinking about it. And it's pure magic.

Has anyone else been to the Pinball Museum in the ID? One of my new favorite places. Chronological ordering of restored pinball machines. 10 bucks play as long as you want. They server beer.

My good friend Charlie and his wife run that place. Now that they got their liquor license, party time in Chinatown people!!! We should do a GAF meetup there sometime. It's an easy walk for me!

aett

Anyone in Seattle looking to hire an administrative assistant or low-level IT/tech support guy? I want to move my family to Seattle so damn bad. I'm a veteran and I'm not having any luck in the Sacramento area.

I hate that the sun only comes out when I go out of town. I've been in Vegas since Sunday for the purpose of getting some sun. At least it looks like its going to stay that way through the weekend.

And if you're going to the pinball museum, check out Purple Dot Cafe across the street. Pretty good Chinese food.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I hate that the sun only comes out when I go out of town. I've been in Vegas since Sunday for the purpose of getting some sun. At least it looks like its going to stay that way through the weekend.

And if you're going to the pinball museum, check out Purple Dot Cafe across the street. Pretty good Chinese food.

Go to Hong Kong Bistro next door to Purple dot and get some clay pot rice. Pretty great. Also some soup noodles that you can add curry fish balls to. Amazing!

blurrygil

KK is great stuff.

But we really should do a meetup sometime at the SPM down there. Beer and pins? Sounds like the SeattleGAF thing to do.

It's Seattle Beer Week starting today. I'm doing Tour de Pints on Saturday (11am-7pm bike ride around the city to a bunch of breweries) and attending Barrel Night at Fremont next Friday (4pm-8pm). Anyone?

coldvein

Banned
It's Seattle Beer Week starting today. I'm doing Tour de Pints on Saturday (11am-7pm bike ride around the city to a bunch of breweries) and attending Barrel Night at Fremont next Friday (4pm-8pm). Anyone?

how did i not know this? i'm off friday, could potentially make the fremont thing.

blurrygil

I'll keep an eye on this. But Saturdays are brutal for me with Sounders n the such. I get plenty drunk, anyways.

Should we try for the 18th? Small meet, yeah?

Tour de Pints was a madhouse, so we did our own thing after Hilliards. Hit up Northwest Peaks, Maritime Pacific, Hales, Fremont and Big Time Brewing.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This weather is so insanely good. I'm about to walk down to the beach (Carkeek Park) and just chill for a while.

Took my wife to Blue Star for breakfast this morning for mother's day, so we walked along Greenlake there and through Wallingford and Tangletown on the way home. Great day.

dubc35

Wife and I walked around Green Lake today too (~1130 or so). Great day out, I want to call in sick all week as it looks good for the rest of the week. Out to BBQ some chicken now. Summer
-ish!

coldvein

Banned
seattle people out in the sun! i went out to woodinville where one of my friendses friends has a winery, hung out some chateua de blahblahblah and drank wine in the morning. drove out to leavenworth (sp?) the FUCKING BAVARIAN VILLAGE and drank beers and walked around, just got back. fun timez.

skip

seattle people out in the sun! i went out to woodinville where one of my friendses friends has a winery, hung out some chateua de blahblahblah and drank wine in the morning. drove out to leavenworth (sp?) the FUCKING BAVARIAN VILLAGE and drank beers and walked around, just got back. fun timez.

some pals and I are thinking about a Leavenworth trip soon. Get some giant beer steins for the summer, and then OKTOBERFEST.

love this weather.

dLMN8R

What a perfect weekend to hike up Mt. Si! It was really busy, but my wife and I got there around 9:30AM so it wasn't too bad yet.

Beautiful 4 miles up with 3000ft. of elevation :D

(I'm sore now. Ow.)

Stuck in my office at work with no windows, but we've got an absolutely killer view of Mt. Rainier in the staff parking lot.

9706857.jpg

Le-mo

Seattle-gaf, do any of you know of any Pho challenge in the area? Similar to Pho Garden's pho challenge in San Francisco?

What a perfect weekend to hike up Mt. Si! It was really busy, but my wife and I got there around 9:30AM so it wasn't too bad yet.

Beautiful 4 miles up with 3000ft. of elevation :D

(I'm sore now. Ow.)
Thanks to this post I found my next hike. :p

Top Bottom