• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

Forgot to mention but last weekend I had the privilege of having a few drinks with The Glove himself, Gary Payton.

It was the night of Sonics Rally (which unfortunately, I wasn't able to go to). He was hanging out with a few buddies over at Citrus on Lake Union (which sucks, btw). Amazingly cool dude, we talked/joked for a good 10 minutes or so. Got a picture as well but it's blurry beyond belief, otherwise I'd post it. But yeah, all around a great experience.

cdyhybrid

Forgot to mention but last weekend I had the privilege of having a few drinks with The Glove himself, Gary Payton.

It was the night of Sonics Rally (which unfortunately, I wasn't able to go to). He was hanging out with a few buddies over at Citrus on Lake Union (which sucks, btw). Amazingly cool dude, we talked/joked for a good 10 minutes or so. Got a picture as well but it's blurry beyond belief, otherwise I'd post it. But yeah, all around a great experience.

Lucky man.

Citrus really went downhill quickly. I remember when it first became popular it was always popping, plenty of people there and stuff. Haven't been in a while because it started emptying out and the clientele seemed to get a little more shady.

Chichikov

OKC Sonics look about down for the count
Yeah, but they made me root for the Heat and *gasp* feel bad for Mike Miller.
Fuck that team and fuck that city.

He was always pure class with fans.

zombie-sonics-3.jpg

YES.

I'm not a Seattle native, nor a Sonics fan-actually, I'm from Ohio-and I was surprised how much I found myself rooting for the Heat this series. I loved going to Sonics games when I had the chance, and I've pretty much stopped watching the NBA when they left. Hope they come back soon, though it sucks that they only way it will happen is to swipe some other city's team.

Also, fuck ya'll-West Seattle is awesome.

Lucky man.

Citrus really went downhill quickly. I remember when it first became popular it was always popping, plenty of people there and stuff. Haven't been in a while because it started emptying out and the clientele seemed to get a little more shady.

That's kind of funny.. the billiards / pizza / brewery place that went in there breifly 5 years ago turned into a shady pit quick.

Like.. one of their "popular" waitresses was a serious coke whore. No joke watched her go into one of the "party rooms" with a couple of dudes and come out fucking twisted with obvious powder coming out of her nose.. and she was flashing vag left and right because she wasn't dressed properly. It looked a lot like she got fucked in that room too. LOL

They put a ton of cash into that place, really nice tables, all the brewery equipment, etc.

Didn't last a year IIRC.

cdyhybrid

That's kind of funny.. the billiards / pizza / brewery place that went in there breifly 5 years ago turned into a shady pit quick.

Like.. one of their "popular" waitresses was a serious coke whore. No joke watched her go into one of the "party rooms" with a couple of dudes and come out fucking twisted with obvious powder coming out of her nose.. and she was flashing vag left and right because she wasn't dressed properly. It looked a lot like she got fucked in that room too. LOL

They put a ton of cash into that place, really nice tables, all the brewery equipment, etc.

Didn't last a year IIRC.

I wonder what it is about that particular spot. Joey's is a 20 second walk away and I've never gotten that vibe there.

I wonder what it is about that particular spot. Joey's is a 20 second walk away and I've never gotten that vibe there.

Probably just total coincidence.

But Blu Water Bistro also turned into a really shitty place to go.. practically underneath there. Seriously, so overpriced, horrible service.. was not shocked to see it go out of business after years of being half-dead.

Funny because the Greenlake location is excellent, and busy all the time. Not familiar with the other location(s) but I've never heard bad things.

Before the billiards place, I think the area where Citrus is was a TGIF.

LOL

What was Citrus before it was Citrus? A buddy of mine is the owner/GM there, but something about the place keeps me from going in there.

dubc35

1-3-3-3 playoff setup, SuperSonics about ready to win the title from Penny Hardaway, Shaq and the Magic. [NBA Live 95]

untitled-2.png

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Been trying to find a job in Seattle for a bit now, I'm in Iowa so it's seemingly impossible. No one wants to interview someone from out of state. I even have someone to live with should I find anything. The search continues...

I'll be back for PAX thought!

cdyhybrid

Been trying to find a job in Seattle for a bit now, I'm in Iowa so it's seemingly impossible. No one wants to interview someone from out of state. I even have someone to live with should I find anything. The search continues...

I'll be back for PAX thought!

I'm looking too. It sucks. Do you know anyone working up here that might be able to hook you up?

I heard the weather back home has been crappy. I've been in Omaha, NE since last Wednesday. 90+ degrees every single day, even a couple in the 100s. Can't wait to get home to the city on Tuesday night.

EricM85

I heard the weather back home has been crappy. I've been in Omaha, NE since last Wednesday. 90+ degrees every single day, even a couple in the 100s. Can't wait to get home to the city on Tuesday night.

I'm getting ready to head out to the midwest for a couple weeks this Thursday for work. It's been in the 60s/70s for the most part here. I'm not looking forward to the heat.

Just moved into Seattle near Capitol Hill. Let me know if anyone in the area wants to meet up for a beer.
I'm always down. Maybe we can get a few others and make it a mini-meetup?

You've heard correct, it's been classic Seattle weather as of late. Hoping now that it's July things start to shape up.

GSR

Hey Seattle-GAF, I'm living in Redmond for the summer. What are the best fireworks on the 4th/places to go for them? (Note: I unfortunately don't have a car, just an ORCA pass.)

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Hey Seattle-GAF, I'm living in Redmond for the summer. What are the best fireworks on the 4th/places to go for them? (Note: I unfortunately don't have a car, just an ORCA pass.)

Sit in the bella botega parking lot. :)

That's what I used to do anyway.

You interning at MS for the summer?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Well if you can get into downtown Kirkland in the afternoon and hang out till night along the water front, they always put up a display.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, duh, I think they also have a big display at Marymoor Park.

EDIT - Er scratch that, I can't find any info that says they're going to have a show this year.

Pastry

Banned
Girlfriend and I are going to a wedding in Seattle soon and we were told to stay downtown since it will be closest to the ceremony and reception. Any recommendations on good reasonably priced restaurants in the area? We are both kind of foodies and we love seafood (we live on the coast in Texas). She eats pretty healthy but I don't give a damn, I can't gain weight no matter what I eat.

dLMN8R

Girlfriend and I are going to a wedding in Seattle soon and we were told to stay downtown since it will be closest to the ceremony and reception. Any recommendations on good reasonably priced restaurants in the area? We are both kind of foodies and we love seafood (we live on the coast in Texas). She eats pretty healthy but I don't give a damn, I can't gain weight no matter what I eat.

Go to SeaStar: http://seastarrestaurant.com/seattle.php?page=home

It's not cheap, but it's not extremely expensive either. It's amazing food, and they have a huge variety across both raw bar and cooked entrees.

Fuck yes! i need to figure out how to get onto the list for restaurant wars!!

If you, or anyone else in Seattle-GAF gets info on this, please share it (hidden in an email tag to stop lurkers if necessary) with the rest of us. My wife is going to be searching pretty hard for the opportunity too, and I'll share if she finds anything.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
If you, or anyone else in Seattle-GAF gets info on this, please share it (hidden in an email tag to stop lurkers if necessary) with the rest of us. My wife is going to be searching pretty hard for the opportunity too, and I'll share if she finds anything.

I am down, my wife is trying too, she will go crazy if we can go.

D23

rode the "great wheel" today... for $12 it was okay.. kinda fast but it was just okay... line was long

Top Bottom