• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Secret World Legends |OT| The Return of Cthulhu ft. Soviet Space Vampires

Altairre

Yeah, I kinda agree. Like, I enjoy it and it's miles above every other MMO, but it feels like even though all the side characters have their personalities and backstories and everything, everyone has the same 'voice'.

I actually really like that part. It fits with how pulpy the setup and the world is and gives it a certain internal consistency.

ExReey

I did the first one and it was 3 people, wasnt it more before?

It's just that they market it as a single player MMO, but since the Dungeons are an integral part of the storylines, it would be weird to not be able to solo them. Almost Deus Ex HR boss fights weird.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Anyone else get a warning about outdated drivers when trying to launch the game?

Edit: Also regarding not knowing what skills do before using them, can you not enable the advanced view for skill descriptions that go super in depth regarding what the skill does?

Lanrutcon

Oh hey, better go give this a shot seeing as I played the original for ye...

<not available in your country>

...nevermind then.

Menome

So, after another password-reset, and a couple of hours, the game is finally letting me in. I'm guessing the account servers were just out of order for a small time there.

Is the game available now for new players? Or do I need to dig up my old TSW account and link it?

Everyone can play. Linking your old TSW account provides a couple of benefits though. Vanity items are transfered over, you get 3 instead of 1 free character slots and all weapons are unlocked to you from the start.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So is the game just down now or what? They said there'd be a downtime a couple hours ago but it's still down

Edit: Had to look in unrelated tweet chains to even find that servers are down for updates lol. And NOW they updated the launcher info with "Extended downtime". ETA 14:00 EDT.

Which would be 8PM CEST. 7PM GMT. That's uh, quite the downtime lol

So is the game just down now or what? They said there'd be a downtime a couple hours ago but it's still down

Edit: Had to look in unrelated tweet chains to even find that servers are down for updates lol. And NOW they updated the launcher info with "Extended downtime". ETA 14:00 EDT.

Which would be 9PM CEST. 8PM GMT. That's uh, quite the downtime.

Yeah there was an issue with aurum being exploited. Aurum worth millions of dollars was put dirt cheap for sale on the AH somehow.

CSJ

Yeah there was an issue with aurum being exploited. Aurum worth millions of dollars was put dirt cheap for sale on the AH somehow.

Oh jees, reminds me of their anarchy online issues; the store front looks like it uses the same damned system (although unlikely). Basically exploiters have the run of the game now it's in skeleton crew mode. Though this being their new re-release they're on the ball.
Part of me hopes this isn't the last of it, because it's high time their shitty support practices get a bit more public attention.

While waiting for the servers to come back online later tonight (100% optimist) you can complete the ARG for some in-game rewards.

http://www.mmorpg.com/puzzle.cfm

if you have no interest in puzzles here are the solutions

https://wiki.crygaia.org/view/Kiss_Of_The_Revenant

as a reward you receive

- A 'Shadow Bound Weapon' which has a 20% chance to summon a revenant with every hit. The revenant will cast raven blade which deals physical damage. The preview video is the same as the gif found at the start, except with a higher quality.
- Weapon/talisman distillates. This reward got changed from 3 200xp distillates of each type to one 600xp distillate of each type during the ARG.
- Black Watchmen hoodie
- +5 AP and +5 SP potion
- Black Watchmen jacket

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yeh was about to edit that I found it on steam forums heh. What do you do with the weapon ritual? I already failed the first try :/

Red dot = correct rune on correct position
Grey dot = correct rune not on correct position

I think it's random for everyone

happy puzzling =) you have an infinite amount of tries btw

StMeph

Started Trickster since it begins with Chaos/Pistols, but I think I'm just going to eventually go back to my old Blade/Chaos set instead.

Rhaknar

k did they thing but havent gotten my key yet. Guess I'll wait.

I still dont get why you need to have both weapons btw, I havent been in a situation where I'm out of resource for the main that I have to use the second /shrug

Tougher enemies in later zones will hopefully require better resource management. When I solo'ed Polaris I had to recharge my chaos and shotgun resources continuously. Without the shotgun consumer my dps would have been significantly lower.

Stiler

Red dot = correct rune on correct position
Grey dot = correct rune not on correct position

I think it's random for everyone

happy puzzling =) you have an infinite amount of tries btw

This is confusing as hell to me.

I'll get like 3 red dots and then when I go to try again, selecting the same runes those red dots wil show as not correct....it's like it's random everytime for me, so confusing.

Menome

I'll get like 3 red dots and then when I go to try again, selecting the same runes those red dots wil show as not correct....it's like it's random everytime for me, so confusing.

Even more so now I've realised you can select a rune more than once.

The red dots do not signify the positions. So for example if a rune you placed on position 1 and 4 is correct then the first two dots will light up red.

What I did was identify a rune that does not occur in the pattern and use that as a filler rune.

Menome

I did it. No logic to it besides finding that one of the symbols was in there twice (North-East) and brute-forcing it.

Quantum

The red dots do not signify the positions. So for example if a rune you placed on position 1 and 4 is correct then the first two dots will light up red.

What I did was identify a rune that does not occur in the pattern and use that as a filler rune.

5 glyph code and 6 possible glyphs - this is exactly what I did.

find the rune that isn't used, fill all spots and brute force.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Yeah the puzzle is some stupid shit, nothing but a game of chance.

Edit: Does it reset the order each time you drain the energy?

Stiler

Even more so now I've realised you can select a rune more than once.

Ah, that's what I was missing, I solved it finally, ended up having to use two of the same runes, for me it was bottom, lower left, upper right, lower left, upper right.

StMeph

How is it a game of chance?

Spam all 5 slots with the same rune and repeat for all 6. If none light up, you know that rune is NOT USED. Ignore the energy thing, because the pattern doesn't change.

One of the runes can be used more than once, but it will reflect that when you spam it. Then it's just a matter of changing the order around until you get the correct combination. If you really want to narrow things down, use the non-used blanks you found and use that to supplement the rune you did find and test every position until you get a red dot.

So: Known - Blank - Blank - Blank - Blank, test; Blank - Known - Blank - Blank - Blank, and so on, until you get a red hit. Do all the singles first, then just find one case for the double, and you'll have found the solution.

Top Bottom