• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Announces E3 Line-Up

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sounds good.

I'm interested in Sega Kart, The Cave, Hell Yeah, and Jet Set. I'm really hoping a Shenmue HD announcement too.

SykoTech

Man, that is a flatout horrible name for Sega All-Stars Racing 2. Should be great though. Looking forward to more reveals at E3.

I also hope they give a release date for Jet Set Radio HD and confirm that they got Deavid Soul's music in.

Kazerei

Banned
Sega really needs to release Sonic All-Stars Racing on Wii U, before Mario Kart Wii U does. That would be huge.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I really hope there are surprise announcements. This lineup is really anemic. The games all look good, but there just aren't very many of them.

Really wish Anarchy Reigns and Bayonetta 2 were on here. =\

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really hope there are surprise announcements. This lineup is really anemic. The games all look good, but there just aren't very many of them.

Really wish Anarchy Reigns and Bayonetta 2 were on here. =\

Sega just lost a whole lot of money. I highly doubt they'll be announcing anything new for a while aside from more Sega Vintage Collection/Rom dumps

1-D_FTW

I actually think that's a good line-up. The Cave and Hell Yeah both look awesome.

Even though I didn't like the demo of JSR, my love of JSRF will make me give the re-release another shot.

And Sonic Racing seems pretty cool.

That's 4 games I find very interesting.

Sega just lost a whole lot of money. I highly doubt they'll be announcing anything new for a while aside from more Sega Vintage Collection/Rom dumps

But they're made by M2. And they're good. Can't complain about it. And I love VF5fs, but Anarchy Reigns canned in the west? Meh. And fuck Sonic at this point.

They are too busy working with Konami.

Not true as Anarchy Reigns is done and will be released in Japan. Sega just don't want to release it in the west it seems. Also Kamiya is not working on either of them.

M2's funded by SEGA, as far as I'm aware. And since their stuff's been doing better than Platinum's usual, unfortunately, I'm sure that priorities are going to be laid out in due time.

Don't know about Anarchy Reigns at this point.

Synless

God damn I can't wait for JSR on my vita! I originally was going to get it on PS3, but Vita is the better choice.

Tizoc

^Gimme friggin' Scud Race first! ...or just announce Scud Race+various other arcade racing games for a Late 2012/Early 2013 release.
That...that'd make me faint...

Yeah—that, lol. But who am I to care for bad games!

A...dude with a lame Sigma knock-off for an avatar?

^Gimme friggin' Scud Race first! ...or just announce Scud Race+various other arcade racing games for a Late 2012/Early 2013 release.
That...that'd make me faint...

A...dude with a lame Sigma knock-off for an avatar?
It's from a Japanese PC game. No wonder no one knows.

Really, though, I'd like to play Cool Riders. That would be a true, bona-fide challenge for M2.

Midou

Why would it be?
Why do people say things like this?
That is straight up a TGS thing if anything.

Because it will basically be out by TGS but we haven't had one word about a western release. With it coming out later this year in Japan, it would make sense to come to NA soon after if at all, especially since it's an online game and the sooner the release the better.

E3 would have been a perfect time for that.

Short list with a lot of known titles that release around or soon after E3.

Maybe PSO2 will be shown behind doors or they'll make surprise floor announcements. Probably not. I think the bigger titles are being held till TGS a few months down the road.

The list seems fine...however, there is the obvious and disappointing fact that Anarchy Reigns (and Rhythm Thief) are missing from the list.

Now I'm really worried and what's worse (and I hate to say this) is that any questions regarding AR's future don't seem to want to be answered by SEGA.

I won't expect a Yakuza 5 announcement and I never will until maybe TGS or some where down the road, but some information or even a "we can not comment at this time" regarding AR would be appreciated.

Vercimber

So they're REALLY going to can Anarchy Reigns this close to release? Shit, I've had it preordered for a long time and was really looking forward to it. Along with Gravity Rush and Lollipop Chainsaw, it was my only other summer release. Damn it. DAMN IT.

mdtauk

SHENMUE?!?!?

Sega had better announce some Shenmue releases as a surprise, or I swear I am fucking done with Sega, Once. And. For. All.

geebee

Banned
Before you whine "Fuck Sega" does it not cross your minds that Sega may hold some surprises for E3 or just not mention games announced over a year ago such as Anarchy Reigns in a press release/blog post that focused on more recent title announcements?

ari

Banned
thats a nice lineup

Mission accomplished.

No Shenmue 1/2 or SA2? Shit's already done; release it SEGA dammit!

shenmue is the worst i want game meme in the history of i want game memes. the game have one of the shittiest gameplay mechanics since altered beast from sega genesis.

Volcynika

Before you whine "Fuck Sega" does it not cross your minds that Sega may hold some surprises for E3 or just not mention games announced over a year ago such as Anarchy Reigns in a press release/blog post that focused on more recent title announcements?

Well they have Aliens in there which was announced well over a year ago.

So yeah, pretty disappointed Anarchy Reigns is nowhere to be found.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Anarchy Reigns wasn't at last year's E3 either.

They've lost a lot of money, guys. A lot. At this point, I'm surprised the firm's stayed alive this long post-mortem!

Better to have a glorious death than a desperate lingering.

Top Bottom