• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA announces Ghost Squad for the Wii with NO online play

Be warned that Umbrella Chronicles doesn't have any form calibration, so you'll be using your Perfect Shot as pointer.

I've just noticed that everybody who's bought a Nyko Perfect Shot seems to really like it, I might give it a go.

dyls

I went to a couple of Targets in Maryland last week. Both had copies of Ghost Squad sitting on the shelf. When I asked them to scan the price, however, the hand scanner said that the game was only available online. The guy says this to me with a straight face while holding a copy of the game in his hand. The worst part? Underneath where it said "only available online" it said "not available on target.com."

So this is the first time I've heard of the Nyko Perfect Shot, and it looks pretty cool. The amazon reviewers rave about how perfect it is for Umbrella Chronicles, but I can't see how they aren't complaining about having to hit the A button on the wiimote to pick up items. That right there is reason enough for me NOT to get it for UC

RiverBed

Banned
why is it a rule that every guncon game has to have the absolute worst graphical attempt even by last generation's standards?

Gryphter said:
So this is the first time I've heard of the Nyko Perfect Shot, and it looks pretty cool. The amazon reviewers rave about how perfect it is for Umbrella Chronicles, but I can't see how they aren't complaining about having to hit the A button on the wiimote to pick up items. That right there is reason enough for me NOT to get it for UC
There is more than one control scheme for UC. One of them uses the Z button on the nunchuck to pick up items.

Perfect Shot is perfect for UC.

2DMention

Banned
The Main Event said:
I just got the Nyko Perfect Shot to play this game and it works great. Love the peripheral. Makes me want to get Umbrella Chronicles.

I thought the Perfect shot doesn't come out until Feb.?

Edit: Guess it's out, but it's not in anywhere. Found it on Amazon for $10 new W00t!

dyls said:
I went to a couple of Targets in Maryland last week. Both had copies of Ghost Squad sitting on the shelf. When I asked them to scan the price, however, the hand scanner said that the game was only available online. The guy says this to me with a straight face while holding a copy of the game in his hand. The worst part? Underneath where it said "only available online" it said "not available on target.com."

So.... he wouldn't just manually punch in the price? He just wouldn't sell it to you?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I finally opened up my copy that I got for Christmas. Holy shit, this game is just as awesome as it was in the arcade.

Still trying to boost my high score. Stuck at around 600K

swoon

dyls said:

the target near me sold it to me for $15, even though the same thing rang up on the hand scanner. pretty neat.

this game is fantastic. i still can't break a lowly 300K, but i'm working my way up. maybe that perfect shot thing is what i need.

I played around with the Nyko Perfect Shot a lot today and it is just awesome.

basically, if you are a fan of light gun games, pick it up because it is the best gun shell out for the Wii (this is the 4th one ive tried, it is the only one that is actually good)

Linkzg said:
I played around with the Nyko Perfect Shot a lot today and it is just awesome.

basically, if you are a fan of light gun games, pick it up because it is the best gun shell out for the Wii (this is the 4th one ive tried, it is the only one that is actually good)
Does any Euro GAFer have an idea where I can get the Perfect Shot? Can't find it anywhere.

2DMention

Banned
There's no lag between trigger and on screen. Perfect Shot feels heavy in the hand and boosts accuracy for me. You have to take the strap off (obviously) to use it. Worth the $10 I paid for it.

Bog

Junior Ace
dyls said:

Same thing happened to me, but some manager came over and said "It's $12.48".

Edit: Where are you guys finding the Perfect Shot? Amazon now says Feb. 5th.

2DMention

Banned
Bog said:
Same thing happened to me, but some manager came over and said "It's $12.48".

Edit: Where are you guys finding the Perfect Shot? Amazon now says Feb. 5th.

I guess I got lucky.
LoL I see 3 sellers price-jacking it to $70 and $114.:lol

Kevtones

Got it used for $19.99 - impressions:

+ Great accuracy
+ Good branching system
+ Reasonable graphics, kind of campy decent
+ Lots to unlock, I like it

- Only three missions (seriously?)
- HUD is a bit blah

Overall, probably a 7.5/10. I'm really enjoying myself, but I can't help but wish for more missions :(

I just picked this up yesterday as I remember this from my arcade years. :D

The game is a blast! Wife hates it (oh well) but it's a lot of fun with a guy friend blowing shit up.

I'm interested to see this gun-add on and see if that boosts the accuracy.

My overall impression of it is a 8/10. Definitely a keeper for me. :D

mosaic said:
How's the lag between trigger and on-screen action?

there is barely any.

I was looking at my old crappy gun shell and this and it seems like the two difference are that the Perfect shot uses a wise piece of plastic that connects the piece that pushes the B button by pressing the trigger isntead of a thing flimsy one, it makes it really solid. It isnt the same as a guncon where there is no resistance when pressing the trigger, there is slight resistance, but it is still the best option for lightgun games on the Wii.

nli10

VictimOfGrief said:
I just picked this up yesterday as I remember this from my arcade years. :D

The game is a blast! Wife hates it (oh well) but it's a lot of fun with a guy friend blowing shit up.

I'm interested to see this gun-add on and see if that boosts the accuracy.

My overall impression of it is a 8/10. Definitely a keeper for me. :D

No official thread to speak of so I'll say this here...

Played this with 3 other guys on the projector screen last night and it's an absolute blast. Once you get into the decently hard versions of the missions (like the night ones and the massive detours) then it's actually a really good game.

Well worth £25 and it's selling in the UK at least so others must think so too.

Top Bottom