• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Dreamcast - Appreciation and Emulation Thread

Random question, can someone help me remember the name of a certain DC game?

It was about spies, (I think), and I believe the title was an acronym. I think the artwork had sort of a Japanese feel to it too. I always saw it at rental places, but never got a chance to play it.

Thanks for any help.

Random question, can someone help me remember the name of a certain DC game?

It was about spies, (I think), and I believe the title was an acronym. I think the artwork had sort of a Japanese feel to it too. I always saw it at rental places, but never got a chance to play it.

Thanks for any help.

Industrial Spy: Operation Espionage?

CPe3MfP.jpg

Edit: Damn. Late.

I remember Carrier being a fun little game.

And does anyone else absolutely love Elemental Gimmick Gear (E.G.G.)? I feel like it's understated. I need to play through again

shawnhi

Is there something special I have to do to get Chankast or NullDC to work on Windows 8.1? Last time I emulated DC was on my XP machine and it worked fine, but now that I built a new 8.1 rig, every time I try to Run/Start, I get an error..

frontovik

Banned
It's a fun game, although I found it difficult to finish without resorting to a walkthrough. The voice acting makes the original Resident Evil look good by comparison.

This would've been a better front cover.

1164332665-00.jpg

SpotAnime

Just curious, is D2 import friendly? The Japanese version is cheaper and uncensored, so I'm wondering if it's worth going that route.

Sorry if this has been asked before, the game is a little hard to search for in the thread.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Man.....MakoronEX is such a horrible emulator. I mean, what emulator in 2014 doesn't allow you to toggle between windowed and fullscreen, and has no savestate support? Hell, the emu crashes even if you alt-tab out of fullscreen mode ROTFL.

SURGEdude

It's a fun game, although I found it difficult to finish without resorting to a walkthrough. The voice acting makes the original Resident Evil look good by comparison.

This would've been a better front cover.

1164332665-00.jpg

So true. It's a bitch. It certainly took me down a peg. I guess I just assumed I'm not half the gamer/man as most of the gaffers. But good to hear I'm not alone on that!

SKINNER!

Banned
Guys and gals, winter is on its way and we'll all need to wrap up warm when we're sat in front of the Dreamcast playing those great titles all throughout every night. You're probably thinking right now "but shorty_symd! I'm all set! I got everything I need!" What? Hot water bottles? Hot cocoa? Electric blanket? Scheduled masturbation sessions!? Naaaaah, fuck all that. What better way to stay toasty than with a Ryo Hazuki jacket. Yours for only
$111.99

http://www.insertcoinclothing.com/jackets/hazuki.html

Guys and gals, winter is on its way and we'll all need to wrap up warm when we're sat in front of the Dreamcast playing those great titles all throughout every night. You're probably thinking right now "but shorty_symd! I'm all set! I got everything I need!" What? Hot water bottles? Hot cocoa? Electric blanket? Scheduled masturbation sessions!? Naaaaah, fuck all that. What better way to stay toasty than with a Ryo Hazuki jacket. Yours for only
$111.99

Quality looks awful and it doesn't even resemble the jacket from the game.

Does anyone know if you can get King of Fighters 99 Evolution to work with a VGA box? I googled it and some people are saying you can and some people are saying it's impossible.

I have some lists saying it works with the switch trick and others saying it will never work.

When I try the switch trick it just resets my Dreamcast. I'm guessing I'm fucked but I want to know if there's some magic VGA box out there that forces it differently and works.

Is there a visual comparison online of arcade Fighting Vipers 2 to DC Fighting Vipers 2? From what I've read, it's supposed to be a much closer port than VF3tb was in terms of Model 3->DC.

Is Sturmwind actually good though? Serious question.

On that note, I need to get Gunlord before it vanishes forever.

Just got a new copy from playasia a few months ago for less then it was going for on ebay. Gunlord I mean. Just checked again and it is now out of stock. Sucks.

$111.99

$111?! It looks like a cheap Halloween costume.

Top Bottom