• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega PC ports campaign continues with petition (Vanquish, Bayonetta, VF5)

I'll never forgive those so called "game journalists" for not picking this up.

What did you expect? Those dongers already forgot about the majesty of Bayonetta.

Bayonetta_Kiss.gif

ArjanN

We have just hit 10.001 signatures.

Some of the larger outlets didn't report on the Dark Souls Petition until it hit a major milestone, I am hoping that our 10K milestone is newsworthy, we'll see. We may need another Twitter push.

Let's hope so.

Already a good achievement to hit 10000 signatures though,

TaroYamada

I'll talk to grief and we'll restart the twitter push on the remaining outlets, I'll also compose an email update to send out to supporters to get them on board. We'll probably get on this starting tomorrow. I intend to do a giveaway on Steamgifts this week, I really want to thank everybody who has thus far donated games to the steamgifts promotion effort. It's been very helpful in getting us, slowly but surely, to 10k.

Great News!

TaroYamada

We've broken 10,100 but I'm posting mainly to update you all on the status of the next press push. The email will be sent monday because upon further investigation I've been informed of a ridiculous change rule:

Please note that your email may be queued for moderation if your petition has more than 10,000 signatures; if you've already sent an email in the last 24 hours; or if you've already sent 3 emails in the last 7 days. If your message is moderated, it may take 24-72 hours for your email to reach recipients.

There is potential, if I were to send the email today and if change decided to moderate said email, it may not arrive until the weekend, which I've deemd too risky. Instead I will be sending it monday but it may not show in your inboxes until midweek.

Sorry folks.

TaroYamada

I tweeted at AngryJoe, TotalBiscuit (total shot in the dark), Northernlion, IGN, PC Gamer, Giantbomb, Gamespot and SEGA.

EDIT: And Northernlion replied saying
https://twitter.com/NorthernlionLP/status/448899030156713984

"@Sajjaja might be more intrigued if they'd stop content ID matching my rare sega videos and striking Shining Force content"

WHAT DO GUYS?

Retweeted all of them, I was pretty sure they had quit the Content ID matching shat. I wonder if they are still doing that or if he's referring to the past event as a reason he is wary to cover us?

TaroYamada

Just a minor update, I received a reply to my PM from Clumsy (SEGA Community Manager):

Congratulations on hitting 10k - it's definitely a great milestone. Keep on rallying folks to the cause, the more people, the bigger impression, the bigger impact.

Raitaro

I was just catching up with the last few 8-4 play podcasts, and in the one from February 21th (I choose you Aajst(???? ) they had Ethan Einhorn, Director of Online Operations an SEGA of America, on the show and asked him all kinds of questions regarding SEGA properties.

Two things that bothered me a bit were that (A) none of the questions concerned Outrun (reboot, re-release, sequel, etc.), and that (B) the 8-4 crew seemingly had not picked up on this petition for PC ports either and thus didn't ask Ethan about it. I feel that especially the petition topic could have lead to some results (especially when compared to their other far more obscure / unlikely requests like a new Burning Rangers or Golden Axe).

Maybe there are people here that can try and contact someone from the 8-4 crew and request that they bring up this petition to their friend Ethan? We can also try to post about it in the 8-4 thread on GAF assuming that it is still actively updated(?).

As expressed before: these games deserve to be preserved through a good PC port, and deserve to find new audiences on PC as well. It;s good we exceeded 10 Thousand signatures, but we need people like Mark and the 8-4 crew to spread the word to the correct people as well.

TaroYamada

I was just catching up with the last few 8-4 play podcasts, and in the one from February 21th (I choose you Aajst(???? ) they had Ethan Einhorn, Director of Online Operations an SEGA of America, on the show and asked him all kinds of questions regarding SEGA properties.

Two things that bothered me a bit were that (A) none of the questions concerned Outrun (reboot, re-release, sequel, etc.), and that (B) the 8-4 crew seemingly had not picked up on this petition for PC ports either and thus didn't ask Ethan about it. I feel that especially the petition topic could have lead to some results (especially when compared to their other far more obscure / unlikely requests like a new Burning Rangers or Golden Axe).

Maybe there are people here that can try and contact someone from the 8-4 crew and request that they bring up this petition to their friend Ethan? We can also try to post about it in the 8-4 thread on GAF assuming that it is still actively updated(?).

As expressed before: these games deserve to be preserved through a good PC port, and deserve to find new audiences on PC as well. It;s good we exceeded 10 Thousand signatures, but we need people like Mark and the 8-4 crew to spread the word to the correct people as well.

That's a bummer that they didn't ask him, especially over Burning Rangers (and I say that as somebody who enjoyed Burning Rangers).

Just a reminder that I'll be sending the email update tomorrow, at the latest it should arrive wednesday, if Change puts it into their moderation queue. Please tell me when you've received it. We are at 10,343 signatures at this time.

Also more press from our friends at SEGABits.

I've written an article on a website I work for. I need Yakuza on PC, it's been my dream for so long.

I named my cat after Kazuma, I love the game that much.

TaroYamada

Remember to tell me when you all start receiving the email, unsure if they'll send me a copy at the same time or if they will send me one at all as I'm the petition creator. When it arrives our secondary press push will begin.

Xanos

Neo Member
Signed. Would be a dream come true if any of those games made their way over to PC. Keep up the good work guys.

Top Bottom