• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega PC ports campaign continues with petition (Vanquish, Bayonetta, VF5)

Ushiwaka

I wish we had Total Biscuit with us :( I hope 10K is enough for Sega to react.

Nah

QUCRqvp.jpg

But even so it's not likely Sega would want anything to do with a port that involved their own money, especially if the game bombs, so it doesn't really affect the exclusivity.

Yeah but the fact that they funded an anime movie and the art book localization kinda gives me hope that Sega will pay more attention to the franchise in the future. For Bayo 3.

TaroYamada

I wish we had Total Biscuit with us :( I hope 10K is enough for Sega to react.

Yeah but the fact that they funded an anime movie and the art book localization kinda gives me hope that Sega will pay more attention to the franchise in the future. For Bayo 3.

My original goal was 15k, I should have gone with that but once press started reporting 20k I decided it was too late for any of the changes previously referenced.

Nillansan

Ok, the VC deal with Sony makes sense. But if Sony knows fans love the series, why won't they make more effort to put VC3 on PSN in the west?

Did Sony actually work out an exclusivity deal with Sega in regards to Valkyria Chronicles? I thought it was more of a "that's where the audience is" type of affair.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Signed that motha, I live in Sanshiro Town. I had hoped there'd be separate lines for Street and City so I could put Segata Town, Sanshiro BLVD

dani_dc

Not sure if it would help, but I believe RubyEclipse works for Sega of America. So might be worth shooting him a PM just to be sure he's aware of the petition if no one has done that yet.

TaroYamada

Not sure if it would help, but I believe RubyEclipse works for Sega of America. So might be worth shooting him a PM just to be sure he's aware of the petition if no one has done that yet.

Ruby's aware, as is Clumsy Orchid. Orchid actually wants this to happen but he hasn't been able to give me any info as to whether it actually will.

We should do another wave on Twitter. Everyone who already did their thing on Twitter should do it again. I'm going to be at SEGA Cup again this year and will be in the commenting booth again as well. Going to see if I can print a shirt soon also...Lets keep this going fellas.

TaroYamada

If it would only translate into signatures ...

We've been decently active this past week, relative to our slower weeks anyways. The Steamgifts' giveaway campaign attracted some attention and we'll probably do a few more. Once we cross 10k I'm intending to send out an email update asking folks to tweet, target the remaining outlets that didn't cover us, like the facebook page, follow the twitter account, etc.

Nillansan

We should do another wave on Twitter. Everyone who already did their thing on Twitter should do it again. I'm going to be at SEGA Cup again this year and will be in the commenting booth again as well. Going to see if I can print a shirt soon also...Lets keep this going fellas.

Thanks for the support, we definitely need another push targeting media outlets, but as Taro has mentioned, we should do this once we hit 10.000 signatures, we are not far off now. I just hope that the press deems 10K newsworthy.

When is the SEGA Cup taking place?

Nillansan

If it would only translate into signatures ...

The Binary Domain and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow giveaways that I did on Steamgifts.com has attracted 3781 entrants. The Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition that I posted for ArjanN had 4115 entrants. We have gained 278 signatures since the first giveaway was posted approximately a week ago.

Zarx

Newest Humble Weekly sale is SEGA titles
Humble_SEGA.png

Spectacularly SEGA. The Humble Weekly Sale features ten amazing titles from the one of the leading interactive entertainment companies, SEGA. Pay $1 or more for the stealthy spy game, Alpha Protocol, the WWII-based real-time strategy game, Company of Heroes, the award-winning strategy game, Rome: Total War, and the eccentric action-adventure platformer Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit.

Pay more than $5.99 and you'll also receive the nostalgic action-arcade collection, 10 Classic SEGA Genesis Games, the medieval warfare strategy game, Medieval II: Total War, the zombie-comedy fusion typing game, The Typing of The Dead: Overkill, the robot-infested shooter Binary Domain, and the mobile commando game Renegade Ops.

Pay more than $14.99 and you'll also get to master the art of war in Total War: SHOGUN 2!

This deal's a steal. If these games were bought separately, it would cost you more than $150, but we're letting you name your price!

Redeem on Steam. All of these games run on Steam for Windows only. Please check the full system requirements for the games here.

Give back to charity. You choose where your money goes: between the publisher, SEGA, and/or to the following charities, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Special Effect, GamesAid, Whale & Dolphin Conservation and Willow Foundation. For more information on these charities, please click on their respective icons above. If you like this bundle, a tip to Humble Bundle would be greatly appreciated!
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

TaroYamada

Newest Humble Weekly sale is SEGA titles
Humble_SEGA.png

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Such a good deal, Renegade Ops (by Avalanche for any Just Cause 2 fans, it's one of the best twin stick shooters out there and has Gordon Freeman in it), Alpha Protocol (awesome WRPG by Obsidian, if you can get over its buggy quirks), Company of Heroes (the best RTS ever), Shogun 2 (best RTT game ever) and Binary Domain (which is one of my favorite TPS games ever, behind the Uncharted titles and Vanquish).

Basically everybody should buy it because it's an amazing deal with amazing games. Wish it had both CoH's expansions in it but those are mostly good for multi and they probably want folks to move onto the inferior CoH2.

Shaneus

I have beasically all bar one or two of those titles. I think it's each of the Total War games.

Shame there's no soundtrack option with those. The guy who did the Total War scores is famous game composer Jeff Dyck, who did (amongst other things) Skitchin' and NFS2.

Mesoian

If people are interested in the PC ports campaign they should consider contributing to this humble bundle. It may get SEGA's attention.

Ah right.

I've been squinting at this bundle for a while as it has a lot of stuff I don't really want...but It's important for Sega's PC offerings to remain lucrative...So fine. With this combined with my Sonic the Hedgehog franchise PC pack adds to the cause.

Silky

Banned
Ah right.

I've been squinting at this bundle for a while as it has a lot of stuff I don't really want...but It's important for Sega's PC offerings to remain lucrative...So fine. With this combined with my Sonic the Hedgehog franchise PC pack adds to the cause.

you can gimmie alpha protocol :333333

TaroYamada

Ah right.

May I ask what games in it you don't want? Basically the whole thing is super excellent.

alpha protocol is the best wrpg of the past generation. combat is a bit fucked but it's worth it for the rpg parts.

I agree with this statement, my Mass Effect loving friend disagrees. He's wrong.

Also, we just broke 9,800 and I posted the humble weekly bundle on the petition news.

Mesoian

you can gimmie alpha protocol :333333

See no, I can't. All the keys are combined which was one of my problems with it. The only individual key was shogun.

May I ask what games in it you don't want? Basically the whole thing is super excellent.

I agree with this statement, my Mass Effect loving friend disagrees. He's wrong.

Also, we just broke 9,800 and I posted the humble weekly bundle on the petition news.

I own Renegade Ops 3 times now, Binary Domain twice and I never really had much interest in the total war games outside of Shogun.

Edit: Oh and Typing of the Dead twice.

Techies

Yea it's too bad Totalbiscuit refuses to cover anything Sega (since they screwed him with some copyright claim horseshit) cause that'd give the campaign a massive boost as it did when he covered the Dark Souls petition.

Can't he just like drop it already, in favor of these ports.

Nights is a great game, the port itself isn't 100% perfect but it's solid. The controls are just a tiny bit off, that's all.

Some of them did :( just not as many as we wanted or needed I suppose.
What's off with the controls? I have a fightpad for X360 that has the same layout as a Saturn controller.

Top Bottom