• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega PC ports campaign continues with petition (Vanquish, Bayonetta, VF5)

ArjanN

So is this over now? I'm almost on the verge of getting another PS3 for my VF5 fix

ihJzdwIEs5KtR.gif

:p

Trojan X

Banned
Dunno if it's happened yet, but an article in favor of the petition, which cites Sega's positive performance on PC over the last year would be helpful.

However, it doesn't guarantee that we'll get the titles we want. Maybe another batch of Football Manager. :(

glow

Banned
I would take a Sonic Colours port over any of the other games mentioned, especially Vanquish (not very good) and VF5 (netcode will be terrible, why even bother?).

Miguel81

I would take a Sonic Colours port over any of the other games mentioned, especially Vanquish (not very good) and VF5 (netcode will be terrible, why even bother?).

You can emulate Sonic Colors. The same can't be said for Vanquish and VF5.

Easy ports first. The ones we always wanted later.

What do you mean by easy ports? Early in 2012, Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia were actually mentioned by a Sega brand manager as being among their most requested games. Here's the quote: “Those are a couple of our most requested games. I can’t say ‘yes’ or ‘no,’ but we may be working on them.” There hasn't been any news since then, but they would probably be a good fit for this petition.

Sajjaja

What do you mean by easy ports? Early in 2012, Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia were actually mentioned by a Sega brand manager as being among their most requested games. Here's the quote: “Those are a couple of our most requested games. I can’t say ‘yes’ or ‘no,’ but we may be working on them.” There hasn't been any news since then, but they would probably be a good fit for this petition.

Being requested doesn't make it easier to port. The Bayonetta and Vanquish engine have already been ported over to PC via Metal Gear Rising Revengence.

Hellraider

Binary Domain is on sale for 3,75. The best thing we can do aside from signatures is to actually buy some games. I did my part.

We are not dead yet, guys, right?Right?

Trojan X

Banned

Yes, Sajjaja provided the right answer. The Brand Managers won't know about production cost and ease (unless they go investigate of course), that is down to the Producers and Execs.

As rightly highlighted in the 1st page, the games we have mentioned such as VF5 are indeed the cheapest cost in production for SEGA to take, meaning that it won't take much man hours to get the job done compared to the games you've highlighted. Right now, SEGA need proof and faith that the PC market can succeed for them (and us because we want those games) so it is logical for them to start with ease and low budget first using the big titles that will make it possible for them to do so (Bayonetta, Vanquish, VF5) then take more bigger risks with more ambitious titles later even though we have been asking them to do this for years (e.g. Shenmue, Jet Set Radio Future, Virtua Cop 3, Daytona USA with correct online battle netcode and discovery system, Daytona USA 2, etc).

Do you understand?

TaroYamada

I'll grab binary domain at that price. Should I play with keyboard/mouse or a controller?

KBM is peculiar but better than controller so far as accuracy is concerned, make sure you disable the aim assist and find a good sensitivity setting. It has like 1000 settings on the sensitivity slider, it can be a pain to fine tune it.

Nillansan

The Shenmue guys are putting in work. These are some statistics that I received recently from the Facebook page started by Ryo Castaway Hazuki. While it isn't anything too impressive, I honestly didn't expect a Facebook page to gain this amount of traction.

Could we add Bayonetta 2 this list? :p

B-b-b-buy a WiiU! Ingrate! How dare you not worship lord Nintendo from saving Bayonetta 2 from cancellation!

But seriously dude, this one isn't happening. For better or worse the game is stuck on Nintendo platforms. Buy a second hand WiiU, play it and then sell it. Think of it as a collectors edition or something.

I don't suppose anyone has any insight in regards to how metal gear rising did so far on PC. I know it's not SEGA, but it's Platinum and I'm curious.

BONKERS

If I remember correctly, Kojima was impressed by the PC sales of Rising, but I don't have the source on hand.

If he doesn't release a PC version of Ground Zeroes equivalent or better to the PS4 version. I'm going to be such a sad panda. MGSV was shown off on Windows PCs from the get go :(

Perhaps they were waiting to see how MGR would do..

Snakeyes

B-b-b-buy a WiiU! Ingrate! How dare you not worship lord Nintendo from saving Bayonetta 2 from cancellation!

But seriously dude, this one isn't happening. For better or worse the game is stuck on Nintendo platforms. Buy a second hand WiiU, play it and then sell it. Think of it as a collectors edition or something.

I thought this thread was free from people with such a shitty attitude. Guess not, huh?

Nillansan

I don't suppose anyone has any insight in regards to how metal gear rising did so far on PC. I know it's not SEGA, but it's Platinum and I'm curious.

Konami haven't stated anything, but I am convinced that Metal Gear Rising was a success on PC, it was in the Top 10 Sellers list for several days during the pre-purchase period and continued to reside there for quite some time post release.

Top Bottom