• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega PC ports campaign continues with petition (Vanquish, Bayonetta, VF5)

two of the games bombed hard on PS360. Vanquish won't get a sequel ever (and it is an overrated game). I could see the VF5 port but that's about it.

Thanks for your valuable, undeniably factual, and non-opinionated input on the matter.

sniper-flipq9unq.gif

ArjanN

Blame the disjointed one-two we did between a tweet campaign and the petition, and the time it took to get a petition up and running. That more or less destroyed the general wave of goodwill and left only the really invested after the initial euphoria petered out.

Nah, I don't think that's it.

People don't realize the Dark Souls petition was a huge anomaly. It takes more or less a perfect storm for a petition to gain steam like that.

For a game related petition to get 10K signatures is already very rare.

Gbraga

Nah, I don't think that's it.

People don't realize the Dark Souls petition was a huge anomaly. It takes more or less a perfect storm for a petition to gain steam like that.

For a game related petition to get 10K signatures is already very rare.

Not reaching the goal does look bad though, a lot worse than it would if the goal was 10k.

Grief.exe

Grief, I was thinking if it wouldn't be more beneficial to link to the OP instead of your initial #SegaPCPorts Tweet?

Let me know if my little suggestions are getting on your nerves.

Probably a good idea, just been doing the exact same thing since the beginning with some minor word changes lol.

two of the games bombed hard on PS360. Vanquish won't get a sequel ever (and it is an overrated game). I could see the VF5 port but that's about it.

Is that relevant?

Other than the Nintendo deal for Bayonetta all of these properties, Virtua Fighter, Vanquish, Valkyria Chronicles, are generating a negligible amount of revenue for Sega right now.
Console sales trend towards front-loaded then cannibalized by the used market quickly. PC sales are high in the beginning, but only sell more and more copies over time.

Even if they aren't getting sequels, porting them to PC will allow them to collect that profit for decades on properties that are essentially worthless at this time.

Oh yes! We got through to them!

Next up RPS, Polygon, etc.

With the GAF crew mobilized I generally get 15-30 retweets on something.

how the uck did the dark souls petition hit 600k?

Hasn't even hit 100k yet! :)

fvng

Wrong. Sega was happy with Vanquish's performance. Not pulling COD numbers doesn't mean failure. PC port would increase the games visibility to non console players.

Nillansan

Please correct me if I am wrong, but aren't third party games in general doing quite poorly on the Wii U? This is a genuine question. I haven't been following Nintendo that closely, but what I have gathered so far is that first party games are doing well, while third party support is dwindling due to poor sales.

Also, the PC has several well established digital distribution platforms, does the Wii U have anything going for it in that regard?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Please correct me if I am wrong, but aren't third party games in general doing quite poorly on the Wii U? This is a genuine question. I haven't been following Nintendo that closely, but what I have gathered so far is that first party games are doing well, while third party support is dwindling due to poor sales.

Also, the PC has several well established digital distribution platforms, does the Wii U have anything going for it in that regard?

Yes most third party games are performing like shit on the Wii U. It's not even comparable to a release on Steam/PC.

Grief.exe

Wrong. Sega was happy with Vanquish's performance. Not pulling COD numbers doesn't mean failure. PC port would increase the games visibility to non console players.

It sold almost a million copies, if you budget the development and marketing correctly then that should still turn a profit.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
how the uck did the dark souls petition hit 600k?

There was actually a really strong demand for it, it was a focused campaign, and it began with the publisher stating that they would consider a port if demand was demonstrated

I don't think it got 100k, but it got 66k in a week

RedSwirl

I'm still wondering if we're ever going to get more Dreamcast classics. I remember someone at Sega saying they were aware that Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia were the most requested DC games they hadn't done already.

Honestly, more than anything else from SEGA right now, I want Skies of Arcadia on Steam. I would probably pay $20 for that shit.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I'm still wondering if we're ever going to get more Dreamcast classics. I remember someone at Sega saying they were aware that Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia were the most requested DC games they hadn't done already.

Honestly, more than anything else from SEGA right now, I want Skies of Arcadia on Steam. I would probably pay $20 for that shit.

Sega Bass Fishing sitting pretty in my library tho -___-

Grief.exe

Skies of Arcadia would be amazing on PC.

Well, I don't see us getting an RPS article anytime soon. Seems like all their energy is focused on the present Public-Domaingate incident between them and a bunch of industry Has-Been's going on right now.

Fingers crossed on that PCGamer article.

TaroYamada

PCGamer article, didn't happen, unfortunately. I did the SEGANerds Cast over the weekend, this upcoming weekend I may be on SEGABits podcast. We're still doing ~100 signatures a day but it sucks to lose momentum none the less.

Otherwise I found another video promoting #SegaPCPorts on twitter, this one focuses on Virtua Fighter 5.

Grief.exe

I'm actually perfectly content with ~10,000 signatures.

We didn't get the media or Youtube personality attention we needed to get extra momentum.

Nillansan

It also helps that Eurogamer is a well-respected and mainstream journalism source. They will be more inclined to check out the story at that point.

Most definitely.

Tweeted those guys as well. But I'm losing my hope the more time passes without anything significant from either SEGA or the campaign.

I re-tweeted your messages as well. I think that Clumsyorchid's posts in the Sega forum are quite heartening, they remind me of Tony Shoupinou's posts that led to the Dark Souls campaign.

Grief.exe

I re-tweeted your messages as well. I think that Clumsyorchid's posts in the Sega forum are quite heartening, they remind me of Tony Shoupinou's posts that led to the Dark Souls campaign.

Has he been posting more information? Or are you just referring to his original posts?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I'm actually perfectly content with ~10,000 signatures.

We didn't get the media or Youtube personality attention we needed to get extra momentum.

Yea it's too bad Totalbiscuit refuses to cover anything Sega (since they screwed him with some copyright claim horseshit) cause that'd give the campaign a massive boost as it did when he covered the Dark Souls petition.

Top Bottom