• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega PC ports campaign continues with petition (Vanquish, Bayonetta, VF5)

Also Dragon Quest works like crap from me (GTX 980M). There's so many issues with the game that haven't even been addressed. It's not a good port and TECMO KOEI deserve more heat for it.

I don't understand what is the deal with these defenders of TK. That company is straight booty juice when it comes to PC ports.

DQ Heroes is a garbage port.

Most of them are on Steam though (defenders).

The One Piece port is a piece of shit port, that is broken. The graphical options literally dont change anything besides the resolution. Its like the "sliders" are broken. And so it looks like its a mix between the Vita and last-gen version. And doesnt even have online.

DoA is missing the PS4 effects and some stages.

Toukiden crashes if you dont choose Win7 compatibility mode.

DW didnt have online.

A lot of their games dont even use cloud-saves.

Zakalwe

Banned
A 60+fps, unlocked resolution, proper PC controls/options Vanquish would sell a lot, imo. I for one would buy multiple copies to give to friends who might ignore it and I know they'd love it.

Momentary

Banned

The One Piece port is a piece of shit port, that is broken. The graphical options literally dont change anything besides the resolution. Its like the "sliders" are broken. And so it looks like its a mix between the Vita and last-gen version. And doesnt even have online.

DW didnt have online.

I'm sure One Piece will get fixed soon. I'll buy it on the next discount when that happens.

A 60+fps, unlocked resolution, proper PC controls/options Vanquish would sell a lot, imo. I for one would buy multiple copies to give to friends who might ignore it and I know they'd love it.

Something needs to topple Binary Domain.

DW didnt have online.

Seriously, the incompetence on display here is truly amazing. Are there no English speakers translating and relating feedback to the dev team?

Buburibon

Posts 2201 till 2225 have already covered this in detail.

Keep up.

I'm sorry, I was just trying to give you an educated estimate of what porting to PC vs profits looks like based on my wife's experience negotiating a few Japanese PC ports over the past couple of years. At any rate, I'll try and read through the entire thread, and keep any input I might have to myself in the future.

Momentary

Banned
Seriously, the incompetence on display here is truly amazing. Are there no English speakers translating and relating feedback to the dev team?

They know what's going on. They just don't care and don't feel the need to go back to old projects. I mean they push games out every month it seems.

orochi91

I'm sorry, I was just trying to give you an educated estimate of what porting to PC vs profits looks like based on my wife's experience negotiating a few Japanese PC ports over the past couple of years. At any rate, I'll try and read through the entire thread, and keep any input I might have to myself in the future.

What you mentioned is valuable info.

It put things in perspective, as I'm no longer giving Japanese devs any benefit of the doubt.

Prior to the past couple pages, I assumed that porting costs were what was keeping JP devs away from releasing PC ports. This is no longer the case, as it seems to be blatant ignorance of the PC market, on behalf of some of these JP publishers/devs.

JCG

Also Dragon Quest works like crap from me (GTX 980M). There's so many issues with the game that haven't even been addressed. It's not a good port and Koei Tecmo deserve more heat for it.

Koei-Tecmo really should do something about that state of affairs, agreed, but I haven't had any of those issues with DQ Heroes using an ostensibly less powerful desktop AMD card running under Windows 8.1 myself. It seems Windows 10 combined with mobile Nvidia GPUs produces the worst possible environment for this game. So their big flaw is half-assing the optimization under certain configurations (or just not trying).

What you mentioned is valuable info.

It put things in perspective, as I'm no longer giving Japanese devs any benefit of the doubt.

Prior to the past couple pages, I assumed that porting costs were what was keeping JP devs away from releasing PC ports. This is no longer the case, as it seems to be blatant ignorance of the PC market, on behalf of some of these JP execs.

Some smaller publishers here on GAF said before, that its kinda hard to even convince japanese indie-devs to release their games on Steam and they think "No one in Japan uses Steam. So why should we port it?" or "I dont know what this Steam is. Sounds small".

Its the japanese ignorance/arrogance, that I also encountered, when we tried to negotiate with japanese (DVD) publishers before...

Nillansan

Time is ticking for Japanese companies to act on these ports. Once PS3/360 emulation catches up within the next 2-3 years, no one is gonna give a shit even if they release the games then.

...but emulating games won't count towards your game count on Steam. So what you're saying is kind of irrelevant.

TGMIII

There has been a "We know about these issues and told K-T" post by Bamco in September...
And since then nothing.

DOA5s PC online might as well not even be an option since it barely works.

Initially you had to opt into a beta version to test the online but you would very rarely be connected to another player and if even you were there was seconds of input lag. After 2 months+ of silence they removed the beta tag and added the online into the live version of the game as is and nothing has changed since.

With the numerous issues KT have across pretty much all of the games they've released so far on steam, you have to assume that if there's a problem then it isn't getting fixed.

pislit

link please, I need to see this.

Cut it with that 60 FPS crap. We now have ways to register inputs almost as fast as 60 on 30, if it's not an action game there is no way to tell them apart with modern techniques.

Also, "smooth animation yummy yum yum" yeah cool. The backgrounds are animated at a much lower framerate. They are not generated in 3D.

Forcing 60 FPS would ruin the game entirely since the characters would behave much faster than the world they are in.

So NO, this game should not be 60 fps for the sake of being 60 fps.

One of the many. I can't read any further holy shit.

Also crimsonclaw also quoted a person in the same forum that calls for an "FPS-begging" a bannable offense just like port-begging. OMJ.

Giten Megami Tensei also has a PC version, as does IMAGINE, but the latter is a special case, since it's an MMO.
Actually, Gitei Megami Tensei was never released on consoles. Fortuitously, Gitei's also one of the supposed worst games in the franchise. It's funny since the original Digital Devil Story stars a boy-wonder programmer/high school student whose '80s lifestyle is PC-dependent, yet there's never been a well-made Megami Tensei game originally for a PC platform. Meanwhile Atlus seems to be comprised of console loyalists (one of the Persona 5 interviews a while back has the interview subjects stating this preference). The Persona Win9x port seems to be a one-off made possible by ASCII's involvement.

I'd love to see Atlus-published/developed games on Steam and GOG but that won't happen for a while. Cozy Okada might be more receptive than Atlus's current leaders, assuming he ever returns.

TimmiT

In case anyone thinks the TSSZ article is true: as "proof" of the info being true they decided to show that their source told them about a Sonic reboot happening in 2014 back in 2012, and that that reboot turned out to be Sonic Boom.

Except:
- Sonic Boom didn't turn out to be a reboot, but a spin-off.
- Almost none of the details turned out to be true.
- The game was in development since mid-2011, meaning that at the point the article was ran they probably weren't exploring what to do with the game.

So either their source was telling them stuff that had happened at least a year before the article was written, none of which can really be proven as true, or his source is just telling him bullshit.

Shaneus

Well this is interesting

Wouldn't mind having a few of their older Steam games be put up again.
I never knew it made it to steam. I bought it off some now-defunct online gaming service years ago, fucked if I can remember what it was. But I think I still have the downloaded key and installer though.

Synth

I never knew it made it to steam. I bought it off some now-defunct online gaming service years ago, fucked if I can remember what it was. But I think I still have the downloaded key and installer though.

I bought it directly off Sega's online store. As far as I know there's no way to redownload it from them now (and I think they only specified that I'd be able to redownload it for up to a year actually).

wow I guess I am late to the news-however awesome it may be.
b8043e11003d15ce139f042271131792.jpg

YAKUZA PC PLEEZ

Wonko_C

YAKUZA PC PLEEZ

If the rumors are true we could be closer to that (and much more) than we think:

A source has told TSSZ how extensive that lineup could now be. The source believes PC releases will be a key component of Sega’s business strategy in 2016, with many of Sega’s library titles being considered for rollout beginning this year. That includes “heavily” considering bringing the Yakuza franchise to PC, in order, beginning with Yakuza 0. Our source says nothing has been finalized there, in part because of the large undertaking required to port games of that size, and licensing issues not unlike those preventing the re-release of Shenmue to current systems.

But other titles are considered high priority for PC as well, according to our source. That includes Vanquish, Resonance of Fate, titles in the Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA franchise, and Virtua Fighter 5. We noted earlier this week that Sonic Colors is also on that high-priority list.

Also considered a high-priority for PC is the recently announced Valkyria: Azure Revolution. To this point it has only been announced for Playstation 4 in Japan, and is set for release at the end of the year there. No talk has been made publicly about it coming West. A PC port may afford such an opportunity.

http://www.tssznews.com/2016/01/01/source-offers-insight-into-potential-sega-pc-releases/

TimmiT

How reliable is that site?

Usually they're okay unless the articles are written by Tristan Oliver. Sadly, this one's by him. He's been using the same unreliable source for years now and while he seems to get some stuff right, he also gets a lot wrong or is missing important details. It wouldn't surprise me if whoever the source is is just fucking with Tristan.

Anyway, Yakuza 0 was announced as PS4 "console exclusive", meaning that a PC version is possible.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Microsoft's publishing contract for Shenmue 2 was signed well over a decade ago and applied only to the US. Publishing rights always revert back to the copyright holder after some time, so I strongly doubt the contract is still active -- but even assuming for the moment that it is, it only applies to a single (albeit primary) territory, so it wouldn't be holding up a rest-of-world release.

Nzyme32

It did re-appear in certain countries. It's on the Steam store for me: http://store.steampowered.com/app/10400/

I can't purchase it though. Two of SEGA's Olympics games also re-appeared:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/10520/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/34180/

Yeah noticed this mentioned recently. It's possible that they might bring back Rally, but I don't understand the Olympic stuff since that has GFWL. I still think it is likely that Sega will start bringing more things to Steam, but if that is the case I'd expect to hear something in the next few months

orochi91

Anyway, Yakuza 0 was announced as PS4 "console exclusive", meaning that a PC version is possible.

Not only just "possible", but that's basically guaranteed to come to PC.

Only on PlayStation: permanent exclusive

Console Exclusive: imminent PC port

Nillansan

The sonic boom listing in steamdb is not related to sega iirc

I wasn't aware of a Sonic Boom entry in the Steam Database, thank goodness it isn't related to Sega.

Not only just "possible", but that's basically guaranteed to come to PC.

Only on PlayStation: permanent exclusive

Console Exclusive: imminent PC port

I am also quite confident that we'll see Yakuza games on PC at some point and I don't mean through emulation.

Top Bottom