• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson coming out in EU/NA this Summer

-Horizon-

It's up on Amazon.com right now.

ibqLNrJ1rRQiYM.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It's a full game and has a 2-disc soundtrack in it. The digital version might actually be $30 like the first game, but...

For niche games like SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson, there are considerable obstacles and risks associated with physical releases.

Some retailers don't want to stock anything other than the biggest selling games - which can make it difficult for games like SENRAN KAGURA 2 to get in stores at all. The biggest hurdle is the cost of creating the cartridges themselves - everything we make has a minimum order quantity and the cost to manufacture them all is pretty significant.

It's a full game and has a 2-disc soundtrack in it. The digital version might actually be $30 like the first game, but...
I'm not completely against paying an extra $10 for a game here and there, but that reasoning is a little silly. There have been a plethora of niche games that have done just fine with sticking to standard pricing.

At best, I guess they can sell it as a "premium edition" with the soundtrack, in which case I just wish there was a standard game-only edition.

Oh...isn't that the same site that did the same kinda article before? Eh

I do love this though..

Journalist Kersin Alex - who reviews games for the newspaper - has stated that she has issues with developers making "entertainment" of objectification, "especially when there are no obvious elements of parody, satire or deeper message." She also said that Nintendo "has a responsibility" to prevent games of this type reaching market, and that everyone involved - developers, publishers, hardware makers and the gamers who buy the end product - is guilty of having a very "stale" view of women.

Bolded part is hilarious to me....

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Oh...isn't that the same site that did the same kinda article before? Eh

I do love this though..

This is rich. Same crap that they tried to pull with Burst, and it didn't work. Nintendo has a responsibility to provide entertainment and properly mark their products for certain age groups. Nothing more. And this game will likely be rated M and be called the "Double D" edition. Anyone who misinterprets this deserves to waste their money.

And with the backlash to Burst, they just gained more exposure. People went out and pre-ordered the game because of the ridiculous assertions by these games "journalists".

And with the backlash to Burst, they just gained more exposure. People went out and pre-ordered the game because of the ridiculous assertions by these games "journalists".

All the exposure the game was granted by sites subject to rapid fire knee-jerking probably far outweighed whatever the miniscule marketing budget for it could have mustered.

It's frightening to see how we live in a society where some people feel more and more entitled to control what other people consume/like/think.

I'm not saying that female objectification isn't a problem, of course. But :
1. the journalist doesn't know what she is talking about in SK's case ("no obvious elements of parody, satire or deeper message" being the blatant offender) and
2. while objectification in mainstream and/or "family" entertainment should be subject to criticism, I don't see the utility and the pertinence of addressing it in "niche" products aimed at a rather small audience, who, generally, know what they are going into.

See also the thinly veiled derision of Eurogamer:

"Tamsoft's Nintendo 3DS game launches on these shores this summer. Publisher Marvelous Europe is responsible."

"The equally problematic Senran Kagura Burst launched here in February 2014, again, courtesy of Marvelous Europe."

Surprised the article doesn't have a more sensationalist headline given the way that it is written.

isitstill

I've never played a Senran Kagura game, but kind of want to try one. What's the best place to start?

I have a 3DS and a Vita, btw.

Sorry to derail any conversation. Thanks, GAF!

Mithos

I don't give a fuck what they think. i'm sure they enjoy games involving slaughtering thousands of people tho.

Aftonbladet is a joke when it comes to "game reviewing", they are best left ignored, or read purely for LULZ, it is NOT a place where you take stuff seriously.

And let me guess before even clicking on the link to read what is said... Jonas Högberg or Kerstin Alex have written the text.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Oh my god....I NEED IT

Just keep in mind that not everyone gets a chibi model, movesets are limited, and the DLC glitched out on me more than once, freezing the enemies in place. It looks great but the execution could have been better. :/

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I've never played a Senran Kagura game, but kind of want to try one. What's the best place to start?

I have a 3DS and a Vita, btw.

Sorry to derail any conversation. Thanks, GAF!
Burst for the 3DS lets you learn more about the core girls.

Eolz

Some interesting bits:

The reason that we chose to ship from the UK is that our sales data shows that the majority of people purchasing SENRAN KAGURA titles are from the UK, and also we are a UK company ourselves, which makes it easier to check on the logistics in their warehouse, to make sure that quality and service are kept as high as we want them to be.
Also, our long term goal is to sell as much as possible, maybe even everything we do, via our own websites. When we sell via a retailer, they take a HUGE amount of the money paid by customers. This makes it difficult to sell things like limited editions which, although they’re more expensive to buy, also cost a lot more to make and give us lower profit margins that we would make just selling the standalone game, or a digital version.
As mentioned previously, this is definitely something that we are going to work on and come up with a much better solution for in the future, and we really do sympathise with our European fans who cannot pay in straight euro denomination.

If they continue to exclusively sell games from their website they really need to rethink their EU shipping costs. For the big LEs 15€ shipping is acceptable, but fo a single 3DS game it isn't. I understand the need for fraud protection, but tracked & signed shipping shouldn't be much more than £5. In the end they can do what they want when they're selling them exclusively and people will pay, but it would be nice to not pay 50% of the price of the game in shipping costs.

I'm also wonderng why it was possible to sell Burst normally in all of Europe (or at least in UK) but now for Burst 2 it's not.

L~A

If they continue to exclusively sell games from their website they really need to rethink their EU shipping costs. For the big LEs 15€ shipping is acceptable, but fo a single 3DS game it isn't. I understand the need for fraud protection, but tracked & signed shipping shouldn't be much more than £5. In the end they can do what they want when they're selling them exclusively and people will pay, but it would be nice to not pay 50% of the price of the game in shipping costs.

I'm also wonderng why it was possible to sell Burst normally in all of Europe (or at least in UK) but now for Burst 2 it's not.

Probably didn't work too well with the first Burst and they didn't make enough profits for those (+ game may have had to many copies unsold at retailers).

Once again proving that despite our less liberal appearance compared to our mainland Europe siblings, behind closed doors we Brits are a bigger bunch of filthy pervs.

I'm feeling oddly proud!

Oh fuck off marvelous. Seems like it will stay exclusive to their own website. Guess i'll skip SK2 then.

The shipping costs for SK Estival Versus PS4 was cheaper, and its shipping from Japan.
Getting the game shipped to UK and then forwarding it to Europe would still be cheaper, even with tracking (not talking about the LEs). I appreciate that they're communicative, but it just seems like they don't really care about anything but the UK. There is no need for the shipping to be so expensive.

Top Bottom