• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson coming out in EU/NA this Summer

flohen95

Yikes, $50? That's $20 more than the original. Heck, SV at least had a book as well & it was only $10 more than digital.

Would still be 10 - 15€ cheaper for me to import the US/CA version (and that's including import taxes) than to buy the base EU game from Marvelous, and you get the soundtrack on top. Not to bad a price really.

I messaged the xseed facebook page asking if there was anyway they would bring over the EU limited editions and I received this as a reply

"Wish we could, XXXXXX, but NA and PAL are two very different markets and our distribution strategies are very different too, so afraid the one "Double D" edition is all we can do in NA for SK2's release."

well then, that's disappointing. then again, america seems to be all "OMGCANTSHOWDEMBOOBS"

Does this game have good gameplay? I was pretty close to diving into the one that came out earlier this year, but it seemed pretty.... mindless. If that's improved, I'll probably hop into this one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No poster or boob box? ;~;
Nope. EU gets all the SK bonuses again.

I think the shock of SK2 being $50 was just due to Burst being $30 & I'm used to Vita being $40, so $50 for a LE seemed like a decent value for $10 more. Kind of forgot some 3DS games go for $40.

& I'm guessing the OST will be something among the lines of this? It was the pre-order bonus for the JPN version, but you got FOUR discs, with disc 1 being for the original game, disc 2 for Burst, then 3 & 4 for SK2 (which is what I bet we'll get)

-Horizon-

Why not both?
I know life and hometown are priceless but even I got limits :(

Nope. EU gets all the SK bonuses again.

I think the shock of SK2 being $50 was just due to Burst being $30 & I'm used to Vita being $40, so $50 for a LE seemed like a decent value for $10 more. Kind of forgot some 3DS games go for $40.

& I'm guessing the OST will be something among the lines of this? It was the pre-order bonus for the JPN version, but you got FOUR discs, with disc 1 being for the original game, disc 2 for Burst, then 3 & 4 for SK2 (which is what I bet we'll get)
Oh, that's not bad at all for the CDs. Very good amount of tracks.

RM8

Does this game have good gameplay? I was pretty close to diving into the one that came out earlier this year, but it seemed pretty.... mindless. If that's improved, I'll probably hop into this one.
I'm wondering the same, it looks like the closest thing we'll get to a 3DS character action game :p I might consider it if it's good.

Neo Dark

Wow. I'm behind on Nintendo news today. This is awesome. I need to go back and finish the last few chapters on the first one though. Really like the NA boxart though the Marvelous logo looks pretty ugly. Like why is the white part not transparent? And since when did they change the logo to this ugly thing. Either way... transparency would have made such a difference.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Rated M
B_yncYDUwAApiOh.png

Make me a useless flat person like Mirai if old.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I didn't expect this to be announced before Story of Seasons came out.

Looks like it runs way better than the first one.

BBboy20

Hell, I walk right in and pick that shit up with pride. This man feel no shame.
I told the gamestop employes the previous game had some good play.

US boxart (forgot to include it in the OP).
LOL no shame.

Dat icon.
Seriously, one of the best I've ever seen.

double d icon looks like a pretzel though. Man am I hungry
Go get some Hometown...............Buffet...........

Kitoro

The online play has me interested, though I've never played a game in this series before. Is this the definitive entry of the series, or are one of the Vita installments better?

Eolz

I'm wondering the same, it looks like the closest thing we'll get to a 3DS character action game :p I might consider it if it's good.

I felt that it's not as mindless and repetitive from what I've played, especially for bosses. It's most of the time closer with a sort of fixed camera though.

not really suprised. seems to be on the same level as shinovi versus if were talking lewd shit

You can't break underwear here, but I felt that there were more sexual innuendos and things like that.

The online play has me interested, though I've never played a game in this series before. Is this the definitive entry of the series, or are one of the Vita installments better?

I think this is the best entry, but some will say SV. They're different enough, but I think SV has some flaws (repetitivity, depth) that doesn't make it as good.
Estival Versus seems to improve over 2 though, so it's probably worth importing if you prefer to play on Vita/PS4, game is pretty straightforward in its menus (and you've got those threads to come if you have problems :p).

L~A

Guess Europe will get a PEGI 16 rating too.

I remember a game got a PEGI 12 in Europe, but PEGI 16 in NA. Thought it was Senran Kagura, but guess not :D

I still laugh at how Nintendo put it right in the front of the eShop when it came out. Didn't even try to hide it, ha ha.

Guess Europe will get a PEGI 16 rating too.

I remember a game got a PEGI 12 in Europe, but PEGI 16 in NA. Thought it was Senran Kagura, but guess not :D

I still laugh at how Nintendo put it right in the front of the eShop when it came out. Didn't even try to hide it, ha ha.
You're probably thinking of Monster Monpiece.

No, I have no idea how that game got a PEGI 12.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Rated M
B_yncYDUwAApiOh.png

Make me a useless flat person like Mirai if old.
Rated M for the exact same reasons as SV.

...but wait, Burst was rated T for "Violence, Blood, Sexual Themes, Partial Nudity, Language, & Use of Alcohol". Then Bon Appetit was M for "Language, Sexual Themes, & Partial Nudity".

....I don't know, I guess I have to play it first. Feels weird Burst has blood & alcohol in addition to what SV had, but is T, but then it's "Strong Language" & less descriptors, it's M. Again, it'll probably make more sense when I actually play it.

Im probably just going to preorder and walk into Gamestop to get it, like i did with SV.

took alot of courage

Already placed my order with them for pick up. Doesn't really bother me though, if some random Gamestop employee wants to judge let them! I will be to busy playing with all this new life.

Ventara

You guys are braver than I. I'm gonna order this online like I did with Versus. And I'm gonna make sure I'm alone when I open the box.

Anyways, can someone clarify what we're getting in our Double D Edition?

LiK

You guys are braver than I. I'm gonna order this online like I did with Versus. And I'm gonna make sure I'm alone when I open the box.

Anyways, can someone clarify what we're getting in our Double D Edition?

2-CD soundtrack

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
A full CD for $10 more is not bad though. Atlus has recently been doing just a sampler (now with decals!) at the same pricepoint. I think SK2 is also a limited 3DS run as well, just like Shinovi.

Ventara

A full CD for $10 more is not bad though. Atlus has recently been doing just a sampler (now with decals!) at the same pricepoint. I think SK2 is also a limited 3DS run as well, just like Shinovi.

Yeah, I can't complain there too much. XSEED is pretty good with their LE usually. Though their LE have a pretty large print, so they're not that limited.

Yea but for the same price, Shinovi got a soundtrack, artbook, and a nice shiny box. Won't be too limited either.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If the CDs are similar to what I linked to before, disc 1 should be 29 tracks while disc 2 would be 23, totaling 52 songs together.

Probably will wait for Tom or Xseed to officially confirm this, but if we get what Japan got, it's a decently sized OST compared to what we usually get (ATLUS.)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yea but for the same price, Shinovi got a soundtrack, artbook, and a nice shiny box. Won't be too limited either.

I'm sure this one will still get a nice box to fit everything inside, too. Just not the book, unfortunately.

Still, I'm more forgiving for this price-point then when Atlus does it. This is much more niche than a SMT title (although now Etrian Odyssey 2 had joined the $50 club, which is weird since EO: Dungeon is coming out 1 month after the Japanese version, and that's only $40. Atlus said this was an effort to "bring things out faster"... *shrugs*)

Busaiku

I didn't play Burst, but I preordered this while at Gamestop.
Do I really need to play Burst? I generally avoid eShop games for 3DS unless I absolutely must have them.

I mean, I can't imagine the story being as big a deal as the plot.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I didn't play Burst, but I preordered this while at Gamestop.
Do I really need to play Burst? I generally avoid eShop games for 3DS unless I absolutely must have them.

I mean, I can't imagine the story being as big a deal as the plot.
Story is the single best part of the game.

Top Bottom