• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson coming out in EU/NA this Summer

Ventara

I don't think we will be, sounds like we only get a regular one or one that comes with the OST >.>

Awww. I mean, I'll still buy it, but this was the excuse I needed to finally own a booby mousepad. Ah, whatever. At least we get a nice physical edition this time.

Corgi

Banned
so... because of this thread, I went down a deep rabbithole of amazon searching for breast mousepads.

my suggested item list is forever tarnished

I messaged the xseed facebook page asking if there was anyway they would bring over the EU limited editions and I received this as a reply

"Wish we could, XXXXXX, but NA and PAL are two very different markets and our distribution strategies are very different too, so afraid the one "Double D" edition is all we can do in NA for SK2's release."

So again EU gets the better deal....guess I won't be buying Day 1 then. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that NA is getting a physical release but I don't believe is fair giving EU a bunch of LE while we get nothing. I wouldn't mind if this was on Vita cause then I and many other people can import to our hearts desire but this is 3DS we are talking about.

So again EU gets the better deal....guess I won't be buying Day 1 then. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that NA is getting a physical release but I don't believe is fair giving EU a bunch of LE while we get nothing. I wouldn't mind if this was on Vita cause then I and many other people can import to our hearts desire but this is 3DS we are talking about.

I might be wrong but didn't the exact opposite happen for Europe for Versus? We got a LE and it was only digital for them.

Havent bought the one on Vita yet because they shipped like 5 copies to my country, I saw the special edition the other day, but it was 85$ , so I passed.

But this on 3ds means day one, because I can just buy it digital because SD cards.

-Horizon-

damn it now I amazoned me some dakimakuras.

These prices... are affordable...
There's no going back.

I messaged the xseed facebook page asking if there was anyway they would bring over the EU limited editions and I received this as a reply

"Wish we could, XXXXXX, but NA and PAL are two very different markets and our distribution strategies are very different too, so afraid the one "Double D" edition is all we can do in NA for SK2's release."
The dream is dead.

pixxxelz

How's the combat in this game is it better or worse than shinovi versus?
I'm thinking about buying it to support this series but I don't have a 3ds anymore so if I do get it I have to shell out an extra 200+$ for a new 3ds..

I'm thinking about buying it to support this series but I don't have a 3ds anymore so if I do get it I have to shell out an extra 200+$ for a new 3ds..

Can't say anything about this game but for the first one on 3ds, the combat is much better than versus.

Yasumi

Banned
There's some discussion in the stream thread and the lttp thread for the JP version.

IMO, the combat's definitely more rich and layered than SKB, but it didn't feel as much fun as SV. The camera in SK2 is quite bad, and since it's not behind your back for regular stages, it's very easy to miss your specials. Chasing wasn't as much fun either, since they're much less dynamic and harder to pull off. I also miss the more cinematic specials, which only happen when you use a teamup attack.

Characters now have multiple stances, like Mirai having three different gun types, Hikage being able to go into her purple glow snakey mode, or Katsuragi being able to float on wind wheels. It makes everybody feel a little more unique. Boss battles are also a major step up for the series, really enjoyed them.

Feel free to ask if there's anything else you might want to know.
Can't say anything about this game but for the first one on 3ds, the combat is much better than versus.
Good god, no it's not.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yikes, $50? That's $20 more than the original. Heck, SV at least had a book as well & it was only $10 more than digital.

Puruzi

Banned
There's some discussion in the stream thread and the lttp thread for the JP version.

IMO, the combat's definitely more rich and layered than SKB, but it didn't feel as much fun as SV. The camera in SK2 is quite bad, and since it's not behind your back for regular stages, it's very easy to miss your specials. Chasing wasn't as much fun either, since they're much less dynamic and harder to pull off. I also miss the more cinematic specials, which only happen when you use a teamup attack.

Characters now have multiple stances, like Mirai having three different gun types, Hikage being able to go into her purple glow snakey mode, or Katsuragi being able to float on wind wheels. It makes everybody feel a little more unique. Boss battles are also a major step up for the series, really enjoyed them.

Good god, no it's not.

It is if you like beatemups more than musou games.

Good god, no it's not.

Bad points:
- awful camera
- bad AI (stages prior to boss are just there to waste your time, they provide no challenge even if you are in Frantic mode)
- Boss battle is okay (especially in the Final Battle). But once you get to level 10 or so, it's getting really easy and repetitive. Hell when I was doing the extra story, I kept running around avoiding the boss just to read all the text without ending the fight in 5 seconds.
- some of combo attacks don't translate well to 3D environments, also they remove air Ninja Art for whatever reasons

Good points:
+ better graphic
+ more characters to play as
+ Yumi

Unfortunately these good points I found weren't for combat.

pixxxelz

Well, that sounds pretty good actually except for the camera of course, but then again the camera wasn't that great on SV either.

I thought this game was 2d(2.5d?) not 3d like shinovi versus though?

Yasumi

Banned
Well, that sounds pretty good actually except for the camera of course, but then again the camera wasn't that great on SV either.

I thought this game was 2d(2.5d?) not 3d like shinovi versus though?
It's more like Shinovi Versus with a fixed camera and smaller areas. There are a few specific larger environments where it's pretty much the same perspective as SV, like the Youma boss fights.

pixxxelz

Thats more that what i paid to import it.
Just did a quick search on amazon and I found the Shinku Nyuu Nyuu whatever pack for 37$ with free shipping,I'm so tempted to buy it just for those figures. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I5FPQT2/?tag=neogaf0e-20
It's more like Shinovi Versus with a fixed camera and smaller areas. There are a few specific larger environments where it's pretty much the same perspective as SV, like the Youma boss fights.
Ah I see how that may be a pain then, I think I'm gonna buy it though hopefully I'll find a good deal on a 3ds by then.
Thanks

-Horizon-

Still contemplating whether to just get the EU collector's edition and be flooded by life and hometown but be unable to play the game or to just wait for the US version :/

Is the Double D version just the Happy Boobs version europe is getting? Or is it less?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Bad points:
- awful camera
- bad AI (stages prior to boss are just there to waste your time, they provide no challenge even if you are in Frantic mode)
- Boss battle is okay (especially in the Final Battle). But once you get to level 10 or so, it's getting really easy and repetitive. Hell when I was doing the extra story, I kept running around avoiding the boss just to read all the text without ending the fight in 5 seconds.
- some of combo attacks don't translate well to 3D environments, also they remove air Ninja Art for whatever reasons

Good points:
+ better graphic
+ more characters to play as
+ Yumi

Unfortunately these good points I found weren't for combat.

You're forgetting the parries, blocking, cancels, framerate, overall responsiveness. The combat in Shinovi Versus is actually far deeper than that of Senran Kagura Burst by default just for the inclusion of these things alone. The removal of air supers, while unfortunate, does nothing to actually water down the actual gameplay. Whether or not Senran Kagura 2 changes things is another story entirely.

I absolutely never had an issue with the camera in Shinovi Versus. People who say this usually never played Ninja Gaiden or other action games in the past that required recentering. As long as you liberally tap the recenter button, it's not a problem.

I can totally understand preferring a 2D plane and you enjoying it more, but there's no way that the combat in Burst is somehow better than the combat in Shinovi Versus.

Top Bottom