• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson coming out in EU/NA this Summer

The japanese box art is better.

senran-kagura-2-shinku-346181.13.jpg

Hmm that's not what my Japanese box looks like....at least I don't think

Galdelico

Physical edition is only available from their store ? Fuck that.

Won't buy it, simple as that.

Edit: hahahaha they want 16 euros for shipping for the normal edition, fuck off Marvelous.

In their FAQ they wrote they'll sell the game in stores too, if there's enough demand. I assume at least the standard edition will make it to the shelves, just like EU Burst.

But yeah, due to the funny shipping costs and to their disclaimer about how they're still 'hoping' to release the game completely uncensored (which leads me to believe there are chances it may be edited?), I'm not gonna preorder yet.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So US gets the OST again? Cool, the one that came with SV was surprisingly good, so hopefully the same will apply to SK2.

Yay for DLC also being confirmed, if I recall, one was a shmup + ton of customization items (clothing, hair, swimsuits, etc.), another was Ikaruga's brother as a playable character (who also can be unlocked by having save data from Burst), & the 3rd was, I think, the ability to change the chest size of the characters.

This was probably already answered, but-

The first set of DLC turns most of the characters into super-deformed/chibi versions of themselves. (Mirai did it!) Unfortunately, their movesets are limited in this form. There's five levels and new story added for this DLC. Once finished, you can use the chibi versions in other modes.

The second set of DLC turns the game into a horizontal shooter. Five levels with completely unrelated/nonsensical story.

The last set of DLC is another five levels and is once again Mirai's doing. The breast sizes are all over the place-- finish this and you can then make any character flat as a board, give them DDs, or anything in-between.

This was probably already answered, but-

The first set of DLC turns most of the characters into super-deformed/chibi versions of themselves. (Mirai did it!) Unfortunately, their movesets are limited in this form. There's five levels and new story added for this DLC. Once finished, you can use the chibi versions in other modes.

The second set of DLC turns the game into a horizontal shooter. Five levels with completely unrelated/nonsensical story.

The last set of DLC is another five levels and is once again Mirai's doing. The breast sizes are all over the place-- finish this and you can then make any character flat as a board, give them DDs, or anything in-between.

GIVE IT TO ME NOW!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Also cannot praise the game enough for its performance-- the framerate is buttery smooth and the graphics are a nice step up from SK1/Burst. You don't get those extra characters from Shinovi Versus, however the characters move sets and abilities were changed so that most of the characters feel pretty differently from each other. I'm not a fan of loli characters but Mirai is just too good in this game -you can switch between three different weapons (umbrella, machine gun, and bazooka)- plus with that 3rd DLC, no more loli Mirai for me, lol.

Also cannot praise the game enough for its performance-- the framerate is buttery smooth and the graphics are a nice step up from SK1/Burst. You don't get those extra characters from Shinovi Versus, however the characters move sets and abilities were changed so that most of the characters feel pretty differently from each other. I'm not a fan of loli characters but Mirai is just too good in this game -you can switch between three different weapons (umbrella, machine gun, and bazooka)- plus with that 3rd DLC, no more loli Mirai for me, lol.

You are making me want to play my import copy...but I will hold off.

They updated the cart information. It reads now:

You cannot add "SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson Pre-order" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Sorry, "SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson Pre-order" is not in stock. Please edit your cart and try again. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

So strange seeing all of the games in this series come over, PS4 one must be a certainty at this point.

Anyway, yeah SK2 is a bit different if all you've played is the first one/Burst on 3DS. More in common with the Vita one. Just watch out for that at times frustrating tutorial :p

Physical release... damn, I will have to buy it even if I don't like the 3DS/ have no plans on buying one. The game looks really good and I love how the monsters look but aside from SK there is nothing else that I care for in 3DS. If only Megaman Legends 3 wasn't cancelled I could convince myself to buy the handheld...
I make myself sad remembering that Megaman is dead. T_T

MQX

I'm happy with this announcement. But I'm disappointed with these prices and "Only available through our website" :(.

If these prices were in Euro's and the shipping costs were also cheap(and not almost ~€20), then I would've pre-ordered the Happy Boobs Edition or Shinobi Collectors Edition. But after seeing these prices, smh.

And what's with those British publishers that don't think about the Euro's/European fan/customers? Don't they know that European fans/çustomers have to pay ~€65 for a normal edition while in Europe this game would normally cost €40-€45? Smh.

GameInformer still hasnt posted about Onechanbara or SK2 coming to the west now even hours later, chances are when that happens, thats when the games will be available for preorder through GameStop. I used to be a manager at one, theyve always been notoriously late... Associates always knew well before corporate ever did.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Assuming it's readily available, I'll support the physical edition. From my experience though, Amazon.ca and EB Games usually don't make pre-orders available until days after their American counterparts. Wonder how long I'll be waiting this time.

Top Bottom