• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus |OT| Summer Life in Your Hometown

UCBooties

How the hell do you get back to the menu from story mode?

Also, I apparently suck at this game. I'm going through the beginning of the game and pulling down Cs and Ds on Easy mode...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Press Circle at...the character results screen, I think it is? There'll be a screen where it says you can press circle to go back to the main menu.

pariah164

Also, I apparently suck at this game. I'm going through the beginning of the game and pulling down Cs and Ds on Easy mode...
Nah. Everyone pulls Cs and Ds at the start. As the characters level up, you'll see the difference, and can go back and get easy As.

Pejo

Gold Member
Is 50 Max level? That's kind of a bummer. I still have about 50% of the style masteries to do with Rin but I think I've capped xp. Her O art is just too stronk.

Ogawa-san

The game crashed on me for the second time, again during a text segment. Might have to do with 3.5 beta, but I'm not sure. Anyone else had any crashes?

Worst part is losing half of Hibari's story progress. Will they ever make her not so awful to play?

Talking about awful, RIP Yozakura... Goddamn.

A.E Suggs

New Wave is likely not something we will get outside of some special characters.
That's all I really want, the gameplay of new wave doesn't look as good as the console games.

I've mentioned this before in the community thread but I would prefer the New Wave girls to get their own spin off game than to add them in with the current girls in a sequel. We already have 25 girls, anymore and it'll be hard to give any of them any focus.

I'd be somewhat fine with that, but how do they go about that since some of the old cast is in new wave anyway from what I've seen.

antitrop

The game crashed on me for the second time, again during a text segment. Might have to do with 3.5 beta, but I'm not sure. Anyone else had any crashes?

Worst part is losing half of Hibari's story progress. Will they ever make her not so awful to play?

Talking about awful, RIP Yozakura... Goddamn.

I had one crash in my playthrough, but it came very shortly after resuming the PS4 from sleep mode, so I attribute it to that and not the game itself.

How exactly do you unlock all of the environment finishers? I'm pretty sure that's all I need to get the platinum trophy.
There are a few of them you need to get by allowing your character to just die right in front of a sign. That's actually just the easiest way to get most of them, rather than trying to lure an enemy shinobi into exactly the right spot.

Here's the guide I used: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...versus/276620-creative-finish-moves-list.html

There are also three Creative Finishes that need to be unlocked by your character getting killed while wearing three specific items of clothing.

The ridiculous number of Creative Finishes they've patched into the game has made this Platinum far more difficult than Shinovi Versus was.

MetalDeer

Managed to grab the PS4 version of this on Amazon Warehouse Deals for $40 used "Like New", hopefully it still has everything in the box. They still have a few listings if anyone's interested in getting a physical copy for a little bit cheaper. Though I think it's kinda funny, because their piss poor packaging is probably the reason they have so many to resell in the first place.

joe2187

Banned
I have a problem

ehUbdCC.jpg

I was anticipating the typical flimsy and wobbly box, but it turned out to be great. Nice sturdy box with some great artwork.

I forgot there was a reversible cover. Had to check and... fabulous.

Thanks! :D

Haha, yeah switched mine to the reverse cover Asap.

I left mine on default, I have no problem with lewd but since quite a few people frequent my gaming area that cover crosses the line a bit. Even though I personally don't have a problem with it but it is a bit much to be publicly shown off :p

Random question: anyone else's PS4 sounding like an aircraft taking off during the "visual novel" talky bits? The fan goes crazy during them and I was wondering if I have to do the ol' thermal paste replacement trick. PS4 was bought in November 2014 and I have recently cleaned all dust out from the fan so I know it's not a dirty console causing it.

Mine does it to from the brief moment I tried the game so it's definitely the game. My PS4 doesn't get really loud though because it seems to be a quiet unit in general albeit the visual novel sequences do have a audible noise difference.

Hey I am wondering if anyone can sell me on this game:

I am a fan of Dynasty Warriors.
In a similar vain to this game, I am fan of Hyperdimension Action U (and that series in general).
I have some decent reviews for this game and seen some Twitch play and I think it looks interesting. I am just sure about the overt-ness of everything. Does it all get in the way or is it more of a "yeah, its there but really the gameplay and modes are awesome"? I am kind of on the fence now that this game has been out for a while, kind of looking for if anyone has a "sales pitch."

Thanks!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This was made by the same developer who worked on Action U, & I'd say playing that & SV/EV, this feels much better due to the aerial combo, actual bosses, & more characters/movesets to work with. I highly prefer the SK games over Action U since HDAU felt very "meh" with its gameplay, like a stripped down (lol) version of SK's mechanics.

Fencedude

Hey I am wondering if anyone can sell me on this game:

I am a fan of Dynasty Warriors.
In a similar vain to this game, I am fan of Hyperdimension Action U (and that series in general).
I have some decent reviews for this game and seen some Twitch play and I think it looks interesting. I am just sure about the overt-ness of everything. Does it all get in the way or is it more of a "yeah, its there but really the gameplay and modes are awesome"? I am kind of on the fence now that this game has been out for a while, kind of looking for if anyone has a "sales pitch."

Thanks!

Neptunia U was essentially just a reskin of the previous game (Shinovi Versus), so if you liked that, you'll like this.

The fanservice gets in the way precisely as much as you let it. Its there. You can engage with it to a greater or lesser extent. But it doesn't impact the gameplay at all.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes, if you want, you can turn the clothing damage cutscenes off & skip the transformation scenes as well (I do this after viewing them once since I want to keep the flow of the battle going).

Ultimadrago

Blrgh. Not really a fan of Murakamo's playstyle. I swear I liked her more in SV, too.

Yep. Just playing her in Estival I could feel that one or two things were missing that could make her playstyle "not sucky". I asked a friend that played SV and sure enough, they confirmed she was better to play in SV. Blah

Ogawa-san

Platinum get! Thank God the lottery isn't required this time. I'm at 50% and want to max it out, but I feel it's not going to be worth it.

I also wish (again) that Xseed changed the DLC schedule and just dumped them all at once. I'd buy Ayame if it was out already, by the time it is I'll be playing something else.

UCBooties

This might be a weird complaint but since I'm playing the handheld version I wish there were stages that could be played without the story mode stuff. Just drop in with a favorite character and get right to the action.

I know you can skip the cutscenes with the Start button but it still adds loading time to the beginning of the stage and sometimes I just have a minute and want to play a quick stage.

This might be a weird complaint but since I'm playing the handheld version I wish there were stages that could be played without the story mode stuff. Just drop in with a favorite character and get right to the action.

I know you can skip the cutscenes with the Start button but it still adds loading time to the beginning of the stage and sometimes I just have a minute and want to play a quick stage.

Isn't there an option to skip cutscenes and the loading of it in Options?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So what's the deal with unlocking creative finishers that you've missed? I've read that destroying all 80 platforms would unlock all of them, yet here I am finding new ones in the shinobi girls heart missions. What gives?

Ogawa-san

Destroying all platforms only unlock the platform finisher, just so it doesn't become missable if you haven't unlocked beforehand.

There's a list here. Most of those I was missing required triggering it with my own death, since you won't fight any bosses near them.

Unit24

Whenever I hear about these games actually being good, I wonder if I should try one. But then I watch gameplay on Youtube and realize that the fanservice is laid on way too thick for me to handle. I'm a lightweight.

Eolz

Whenever I hear about these games actually being good, I wonder if I should try one. But then I watch gameplay on Youtube and realize that the fanservice is laid on way too thick for me to handle. I'm a lightweight.

You should look if SK2 (3DS) is more for you. Less focused on fanservice (there still is), good 2.5D beat them all.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If it matters, you can both turn the clothing damage cutscenes off & skip the transformation sequences as well.

A.E Suggs

If it matters, you can both turn the clothing damage cutscenes off & skip the transformation sequences as well.

I wish you could just outright turn off clothing damage. Not cause I don't want it to be there, but because I don't want my fucking costume to be destroyed!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wish you could just outright turn off clothing damage. Not cause I don't want it to be there, but because I don't want my fucking costume to be destroyed!
I will say, that was one feature that was nice of nice in Hyperdimension Neptunia U, that you could unlock your normal outfit (before or after being destroyed), but as an "indestructible" version so you could keep whatever outfit you wanted & not have it be destroyed. I'm rather surprised Tamsoft never thought of bringing that over, but then again, considering this game series, most fans wouldn't bother with it.

SDBurton

Watching his stream right now and his dad walked in on him when Asuka was doing her transformation. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

SDBurton

Holy shit! I need to know more! lol

He was doing one of the tutorial missions and the moment Asuka got naked to transform his dad came in. Chat blew up and hilarity ensued. XD

Edit: Booooo he decided to quit the game! Here's hoping he comes back to it later.

Top Bottom