• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus |OT| Life Returns to Vita

SerTapTap

Attention anyone who bought the Senran KAgura 2 Nyuu Nyuu pack! You can now play it or any out of region game on your US/Euro non-new 3DS. Super simple, safe, free and piracy free.

This took me two minutes, that's an NA Zelda 3DS XL with the latest firmware, no alterations:

B7krLoKCcAAe2qs.jpg:large

SerTapTap

I wonder what's the main difference btetwen the DS and vita games?
You guys must know.

The Versus games play like Musou Light, 3D brawlers. The 3DS games are more like 2D brawlers in layout and gameplay, but the general features and controls are the same. The camera and level design is really the biggest difference between gameplay styles.

The 3DS games focus more heavily on beating up normal mobs. If you've only played SK Versus, I'd skip Burst but consider SK2. It's...so amazingly much better than SK1 (even though I can't understand a damn thing). SK1 is way below Versus in almost every way, the only real thing it has going for it is that it's the canon "main story".

And the fact that Burst story is way better than SV and SK2 - or at least its what I believe ;p. They didnt really expected that the game would sell so much at first, so it was designed as a stand-alone and they didnt pull any punch in the whole parody of nekketsu shounen manga tropes thingie. But not a solid foundation for sequels and follow-ups, though ;p

ShinMaruku

Thanks for the answers. I shall stick with the SV series. Looks like they can iterate and do some great stuff. Because I love their Gessen and Homura squad stories so much.

I finally got around to platinuming this game yesterday.

I think it's a great game and I had a lot of fun with it.

I'm not a fan or rhythm games but I'll probably get Bon Appetit because I want to support this series.

Speaking of Burst, I wish they had carried over Yomi's victory scene from that game into Versus. That camera angle. <3
Yomi is best girl and Hibari is a close second.

pariah164

Saw this game on the shelf for sale at Game Stop (used, obv). Not the whole limited edition; JUST the game in its Vita case.

Things like that just depress me something terrible.

SerTapTap

Saw this game on the shelf for sale at Game Stop (used, obv). Not the whole limited edition; JUST the game in its Vita case.

Things like that just depress me something terrible.

If it wasn't being sold as used, they're the only store selling the physical copy "new" without the LE contents. Hopefully they just gutted one copy to put on the shelf and all their "real" stock is full LE but who knows. IMO don't buy from Gamestop unless it's used (and a decent price) or if they have an exclusive/some deal that beats everyone else. They do lots of iffy stuff with their new products it seems, like they apparently reprinted Xenoblade, gutted, then sold as used because the used price was higher than retail.

pariah164

If it wasn't being sold as used, they're the only store selling the physical copy "new" without the LE contents. Hopefully they just gutted one copy to put on the shelf and all their "real" stock is full LE but who knows. IMO don't buy from Gamestop unless it's used (and a decent price) or if they have an exclusive/some deal that beats everyone else. They do lots of iffy stuff with their new products it seems, like they apparently reprinted Xenoblade, gutted, then sold as used because the used price was higher than retail.
I am assuming it was used; I was just passing by and didn't get a good look at the sticker. I know GameStop does some shady shit, but I buy from a store that used to be an EB, with most of the same people still working there. They're pretty legit.

They may have had another run.
Very much possible.

Eolz

It's on sale in Europe if you're there.
If you're in the US and not sure about it, I'd probably wait for a sale as well (unless you're sure about it obviously).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
They did a sale on Burst on the eShop for....$10 off, I think. I think eventually SV might get a $10 to $15 sale eventually.

I'm waiting for Bon Appetit to go on sale &/or when I get that $50 Vita refund credit.

They did a sale on Burst on the eShop for....$10 off, I think. I think eventually SV might get a $10 to $15 sale eventually.

I'm waiting for Bon Appetit to go on sale &/or when I get that $50 Vita refund credit.

I have a 3DS and a Vita, but would prefer to play on Vita.

I'm waiting on that $50 as well as I'll probably get this and Monster Monopiece since I'd normally not get those with my own money.

bobawesome

I've started playing the game again. Looking at my save file, I haven't touched it since October 20th.

I forgot how fun it is to just demolish crowds.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Where's the best place to level Yin / Yang / Flash? And level up in general?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For Hanzo, there's a boulder level in Chapter 4 that basically has endless enemies as long as you don't destroy all 3 boulders.

Ermac

How do I get image 47 and 48? Are they Rin and Dadojiis? I still don't have the buy everything in the store trophy. I'm gonna be bummed if I could have gotten all images/trophies before buying the DLC. I can't beat Rin :-/

SerTapTap

How do I get image 47 and 48? Are they Rin and Dadojiis? I still don't have the buy everything in the store trophy. I'm gonna be bummed if I could have gotten all images/trophies before buying the DLC. I can't beat Rin :-/

There are different images for beating the "final battle" with either character. Platinum is possible without DLC...it's Sony policy that DLC/microtransactions can't be required for platinum, though they can help. Any DLC-only trophies have a separate section in the trophy thing.

Ermac

OK, I think I've hit a bug or something. I've completed all stories, including Rin and Dadj. I have 48/48 images unlocked. I went into the store and was told there were new items available, but there is nothing. The only trophy I don't have is the "I'm All Out!" one, for buying everything in the store. But everything's sold out!

What do I do??

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So from what it sounds like:

School Uniform: 14 x 2980 = 41720 Zeni
Shinobi Uniform: 24 x 2980 = 71520 Zeni
Undergarment: 20 x 500 = 10000 Zeni
Accessory: 39 x 800 + 6000 + 10000 + 14000 + 18000 = 79200 Zeni
Image: (4 x 1500) + (41 x 1000) + 2000 = 49000 Zeni
Animation: 1 x 5000 = 5000 Zeni
Music: (41 x 1500) + (3 x 2000) + (2 x 5000) = 77500 Zeni
Voice: (20 x 5980 = 119600 Zeni

You should have gotten all of that? Maybe look through the list of each category to be safe?

Ermac

So from what it sounds like:

School Uniform: 14 x 2980 = 41720 Zeni
Shinobi Uniform: 24 x 2980 = 71520 Zeni
Undergarment: 20 x 500 = 10000 Zeni
Accessory: 39 x 800 + 6000 + 10000 + 14000 + 18000 = 79200 Zeni
Image: (4 x 1500) + (41 x 1000) + 2000 = 49000 Zeni
Animation: 1 x 5000 = 5000 Zeni
Music: (41 x 1500) + (3 x 2000) + (2 x 5000) = 77500 Zeni
Voice: (20 x 5980 = 119600 Zeni

You should have gotten all of that? Maybe look through the list of each category to be safe?

I am missing one music track! Looks like #01? How do I get it??

Ermac

lol, looks like Track #01 is unlocked by completing the tutorial.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huh, shouldn't that track unlock with the trophy for completing the tutorial? Well in any case, least it was easy to unlock.

Ermac

Huh, shouldn't that track unlock with the trophy for completing the tutorial? Well in any case, least it was easy to unlock.

I never finished the advanced tutorial. I think the trophy is just for basic.

Top Bottom