• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September PSN Flash sale NA is up

chaos789

Banned
Probably pick up Disney Afternoon Collection at that price. Not much else of interest, already own R& C Collection. How is Shinness? Cannot seem to find many reviews on it. How about a sale on Star Ocean: Till End of Time, I am not paying that Square Enix tax.

Z

ZelbZelb

Unconfirmed Member
Hows JoJo?

It seems that both JoJo All Star Battle and JoJo Eyes of Heaven are up this time.

JoJo ASB: 1-on-1 'traditional' fighter. Traditional is in quotes because it goes off in it's own direction and doesn't quite match up with any other fighter. It's a pot-luck of mechanics that at this point mostly fit together in a fun way: A slowed down, timing-based version of an anime fighter (including jumping and inputs)... but also with Virtua Fighter-style side-stepping that requires you to think as a 3D fighter. It was pretty crappy when it launched, but patches made it much more playable. Online is barebones and mostly dead, due to bad netcode, but there's been a slight resurgence due to the Discord allowing peeps to seet up play-dates. As other more fighting-game orientated members of this forum will tell you: PLAY THE DEMO FIRST. Play it as much as you can before the sale ends, and then make your decision. The characters in the Demo are Caesar, Jotaro, and Part 1 Dio.

Caesar guide: http://ls57tiger.freepgs.com/jojo/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6628
Jotaro guide: http://ls57tiger.freepgs.com/jojo/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6661
Part 1 Dio guide: http://ls57tiger.freepgs.com/jojo/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6503

You will most likely HATE the game when you first play it, it took me a week of playing before I felt I understood the game...

JoJo Eyes of Heaven: Is 2-on-2 team based arena fighter (like J-Stars)... with no real way to play multi-player AT ALL. No local VS or Co-op, and online is so busted its unplayable, ESPECIALLY will 4 players. So it'll be mostly Story Mode for you. Luckily story mode lasts 8-12hours if you watch the cutscenes and do the extra collecting, grinding, and side missions. Again, PLAY THE DEMO. The US demo isn't very good because the stage they use isn't too hot, and the demo roster doesn't do a good job of showing how varied the cast is, but you owe it to yourself to test and see if you like the gameplay.

Hope that helps!

Probably pick up Disney Afternoon Collection at that price. Not much else of interest, already own R& C Collection. How is Shinness? Cannot seem to find many reviews on it. How about a sale on Star Ocean: Till End of Time, I am not paying that Square Enix tax.

Hate to say it too, but probably in on DAC too...

...though I know as soon as I do, Capcom'll announce a physical version finally...

Was just thinking about picking up Attack on Titan at some point earlier, so nice to see it on sale. $30 still seems a little too steep for it though, based on what I've read :( Which is probably fine since I have more than enough games I don't play as is.

IISANDERII

Crypt of the Necrodancer for $3? Damn I love that game, my favourite rogue game ever by a light year.

I think many people overlooked it because the learning curve for the first hour or two can be steep. I played the Bard character at first, he doesn't require moving on the beat so it makes things easier.

uocooper

Some good deals in here tbh... Is Tearaway Unfolded worth the price?

Absolutely yes! I was blown away by the art style of this game and it really looks like someone cut out craft paper and brought the world to life. If you are in any way debating if you should pick then you should grab it now.

Spy

Looks like I'll be skipping this then. I'll wait until the next GG gets announced.

I take it back about the title screen, after I restored my licenses it is now green and says Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2, home icon is still for -Revelator- though which is annoying.

Syril

All the modes.
So like, a good variety? I've heard Ultimax is crazy spoilery about P4, being a sequel and all, so I haven't wanted to look up stuff about it. I know it has arcade modes and visual novel story modes like BlazBlue but not much else.

Bossking

Banned
So, PC or PS4 version of Akiba's Trip? I know PS4 has toybox mode and streaming bonuses, but apparently the PC version has some extra DLC from the Japanese version that the western console ports never got.

Jojo Battle Royal is only $6 but I don't think the DLC will ever be on sale.

I think Eyes of Heaven will be cheaper eventually with how many times a year Bandai-Namco Anima games are on sale on PSN.

I want it solely for the story stuff which sounds interesting.

I really wish they just made a straight sequel to Battle Royal rather than the behind the back fighting of Eyes of Heaven. Not a fan of that style. Not to mention that there's no local multiplayer which kills a lot of the appeal of a Jojo fighter for me?

I still hope for an All-Star Battle sequel with the new characters from Eyes of Heaven plus some others, especially Foo Fighters. Can't believe she was passed over again.

Aru

Only if you REALLY like SAO and MMO-like gameplay. The biggest selling point of the game is that its a dating sim is disguise XD

If it's a dating sim in disguise, then it's the worst dating sim ever. Only 2 options for every question and a terribad translation that may have been fixed in the PS4 version, though. As a huge fan of SAO, I'd recommend to avoid this game.

autoduelist

Is Ragnarok Odyssey ACE any good??

Yes, in a janky monster hunter sort of way. It's nowhere near as refined as other hunter options, but it's fun. Do not install the free dlc, it is endgame OP for people who already played regular game and want to rush to ACE content... it will ruin your 1st playthrough.

finley83

Banned
How's the complete Capcom arcade cabinet? Mainly interested in Ghouls 'n' Ghosts as I remember playing the arcade version when I was little. Also 1943 is supposed to be good I think. Worth picking up for $12?

should i buy 'a wonderful life' or 'back to nature' from harvest moon? i loved AWL on gamecube back in the day. i heard the ps2 port of AWL is trashy which worries me... should i just emulate 'back to nature' to get my harvest moon fix? i'm jonesing for Stardew on switch but can't wait any longer

SonicBoom

Picked up JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven since it's digital only in USA. It's a steal at $15. Hope more people buy it!!!

StereoVsn

Only if you REALLY like SAO and MMO-like gameplay. The biggest selling point of the game is that its a dating sim is disguise XD
Nah, you got that in reverse. Best selling point of Hollow Fragmentis that it has an amazing combat system and you can avoid the shitty dating game for the most part. It's definitely Italy worth $5 as it is dozens of hours of play and combat gets quite involved.

Separately I am picking up GG R 2, Skullgirls Encore, BlazBlue and Disney collection. The sale is quite good.

For those folks who don't have Child of Light or Digimon Cyber Sleuth I highly recommend them.

LeonSPBR

Yes, in a janky monster hunter sort of way. It's nowhere near as refined as other hunter options, but it's fun. Do not install the free dlc, it is endgame OP for people who already played regular game and want to rush to ACE content... it will ruin your 1st playthrough.

Got it, thanks.

Been wanting new Guilty Gear upgrade, glad it finally is at the price I like.

Grabbed Silver Case as well even though I am creeped out by the little I played. More interested in Grasshopper's roots.

Yoss

Neo Member
Rayman Legends, Digimon Cybersleuth, and Tearaway are all great. I think I'll finally pick up the Disney collection. Anyone know anything about Seasons after Fall or Tembo the Badass Elephant? I've been on the fence with them for a while.

Tempted to pick up Cyber Slueth, but isn't it supposed to be included with Hacker's Memory when it comes out here next year? I may just wait.

It seems that both JoJo All Star Battle and JoJo Eyes of Heaven are up this time.

JoJo ASB: 1-on-1 'traditional' fighter. Traditional is in quotes because it goes off in it's own direction and doesn't quite match up with any other fighter. It's a pot-luck of mechanics that at this point mostly fit together in a fun way: A slowed down, timing-based version of an anime fighter (including jumping and inputs)... but also with Virtua Fighter-style side-stepping that requires you to think as a 3D fighter. It was pretty crappy when it launched, but patches made it much more playable. Online is barebones and mostly dead, due to bad netcode, but there's been a slight resurgence due to the Discord allowing peeps to seet up play-dates. As other more fighting-game orientated members of this forum will tell you: PLAY THE DEMO FIRST. Play it as much as you can before the sale ends, and then make your decision. The characters in the Demo are Caesar, Jotaro, and Part 1 Dio.

Caesar guide: http://ls57tiger.freepgs.com/jojo/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6628
Jotaro guide: http://ls57tiger.freepgs.com/jojo/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6661
Part 1 Dio guide: http://ls57tiger.freepgs.com/jojo/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6503

You will most likely HATE the game when you first play it, it took me a week of playing before I felt I understood the game...

JoJo Eyes of Heaven: Is 2-on-2 team based arena fighter (like J-Stars)... with no real way to play multi-player AT ALL. No local VS or Co-op, and online is so busted its unplayable, ESPECIALLY will 4 players. So it'll be mostly Story Mode for you. Luckily story mode lasts 8-12hours if you watch the cutscenes and do the extra collecting, grinding, and side missions. Again, PLAY THE DEMO. The US demo isn't very good because the stage they use isn't too hot, and the demo roster doesn't do a good job of showing how varied the cast is, but you owe it to yourself to test and see if you like the gameplay.

Hope that helps!

Cool thanks. Eyes on Heaven seems more for me than since it has a story mode.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
If you're new to fighting games and want to get into DBFZ, Xrd Rev2 is a good primer of ASW mechanics, has a great tutorial, and is a good game

Top Bottom