• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If only starrcade 97 was treated as a big deal instead of sting/hogan and the rest...it would have been the most epic ppv of all time. They should have done it as a last stand between nwo and wcw. Sting and hogan should have been a long back and forth match which ends up with the nwo and wcw having this full grown war on the outside of the ring. Afterward sting hits hogan with a deathdrop, wins the belt with wcw wrestlers celebrating while Bret Hart stands outside clapping bringing in a Hart/Sting feud.

Nitro comes on and the nwo starts an implosion where there's still wolfpack vs black and white...but it wouldn't be a fucking nuisance like it was.

On another note...there's not enough love for 2 Cold Scorpio in the wrestling world :(...It hurts my heart.

Want to hear something even more ridiculous? Hogan and Piper have a much better match at Starrcade 1996. Hell if they had that match in 1997 no one would have complained...and that match isn't great by any means!

RP912

Banned
There's nothing I can add that hasn't already been said about Starrcade 1997. It was the single worst f-up in wrestling history, in my opinion. I'm sure Hogan is mainly at fault and that's why he will always be worse than John Cena. I said it, guys!

And 2 Cold is seriously incredible. The way he floats in mid-air -- awe-inspiring every time!

I was watching his match with Johnny Polo and it blew my mind how he could just invert a moonsault into a leg drop with picture perfect technique. So slept on :/.

Want to hear something even more ridiculous? Hogan and Piper have a much better match at Starrcade 1996. Hell if they had that match in 1997 no one would have complained...and that match isn't great by any means!

Hogan and piper had the better feud which is horrible to even think. Too bad piper didn't win the belt because he didn't friggin read the fine print on the contract.

Dat creative control card...

Satch

Banned
randy is so fine

not as fine as roman, but fine enough for my thirst
CS06e.gif

Top Bottom