• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Razorskin

----- ------
V7r3h1E.jpg

aRf93Pn.gif

Zach

Huh? I was only commenting on inane shit posts in this thread.

If I wanted to post a moral argument about it that was toxic to conversation then I would point out that the dudes who are super stoked about the hacking are tantamount to people cheering on a rapist. But of course I never made that post here.

That's quite the stretch, man.

Huh? I was only commenting on inane shit posts in this thread.

If I wanted to post a moral argument about it that was toxic to conversation then I would point out that the dudes who are super stoked about the hacking are tantamount to people cheering on a rapist. But of course I never made that post here.

It wasn't aimed at you specifically, you just happened to be the one I quoted. Just annoying reading the last page or so and seeing so much of that argument. But I will say comparing a picture leak to a rape is laughable.

JavyOO7

Good first episode of Nitro even if the announce team is the shits.

...but look at that cute puppy Mongo is holding at the end of Nitro. So cute. :)

Okay I regret that phrasing.

But the thing is:
- Sharing nudie pics with a SO/partner/whoever is a sexual activity
- Intruding or involving yourself in someone else's sexual activity without consent of the parties is a sexual violation
- Cena sucks

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW Monday Nitro 10/2/95

• Lex Luger vs Randy Savage
  • Eddie Guerrero vs That Mother Fucker Dean Malenko
  • Ric Flair vs Arn Anderson

This is like a greatest hits of Nitro tropes before they even became Nitro tropes. Ref bumps. DQ in the main event, run ins, a cruiser match being over shadowed by the main event angle, a multi-man beat down. It's everything Nitro about Nitro.

iggvsyou266Xz.gif

im7OkwfwTfUF5.gif

The good news is that Dean and Eddie have arrived are going to have a rematch. And SABU returns next week. Also, Joe Park was in the crowd:

Okay I regret that phrasing.

But the thing is:
- Sharing nudie pics with a SO/partner/whoever is a sexual activity
- Intruding or involving yourself in someone else's sexual activity without consent of the parties is a sexual violation
- Cena sucks

Bottom line is that the opinions on the situation all devolve down to what people think is morally wrong or acceptable. And that kind of argument is just dumb on the internet because no one has ever changed their moral stance due to an online comment. So I just think it's best that those arguments stay in their own space.

Also, fuck Cena.

strobogo

Banned
Man Hanson in his prime vs jbl would be a massacre.

I used to book them as a team in EWR/TEW if I'd do a territories scenario. Get that young John Hawk and get him trained officially in the ways of the lariat. Team them up for a while, get JBL's stats raised by having quality tags, and then have a split angle as Hansen would get phased out.

Recall

I made the same remark and it was glossed over, a main event poster posts something about Hansen and it turns into a full fledged discussion.

I will get my revenge!

Fantasy booking time. Lets say Cena truly has a pretty bad injury and can only wrestle two more main event PPVs before he leaves.

Given that he has served the company well all this time, but also considering things have to continue without him, how do you retire him?

Fantasy booking time. Lets say Cena truly has a pretty bad injury and can only wrestle two more main event PPVs before he leaves.

Given that he has served the company well all this time, but also considering things have to continue without him, how do you retire him?

2.gif

I made the same remark and it was glossed over, a main event poster posts something about Hansen and it turns into a full fledged discussion.

I will get my revenge!

It's hard being a jobber stuck in the lower card of wrasslegaf. I know that feeling.

I'm hoping someday I get that mid card push I've always dreamed of.

Just like Barry Horowitz

Ya'll need to step it up if you wanna get noticed. Speak up, secure your spot. I was a newbie just a couple of months back and look at me now. Making the official thread.

strobogo

Banned
It's hard being a jobber stuck in the lower card of wrasslegaf. I know that feeling.

I'm hoping someday I get that mid card push I've always dreamed of.

Just like Barry Horowitz

You might be able to get that Disco push in late 1998/early 1999. Dude got a solo title run and got made an official member of the Supreme Wolfpac.

Raw tonight? Awesome, I have to close the store tonight! On Labor Day! With a bunch of customers bugging me about shit!

oh god someone kill me

At least you don't have to work at a bar on the Jersey Shore today. It's sweltering out here. I look like IRS after he wrestles for 5 minutes over here.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
So I never watched WCW growing up, but I don't really understand why Harlem Heat wins the belts at Fall Brawl just to lost them the next night on Nitro. Thank god the Network let's me relive this booking.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As far as I can tell besides some very brief occasions tag team belts in the major US promotions have always been booked on the fly.

Just listen to OSW review and you'll learn that the tag belts probably switched 1-2 times in between the various WWF ppvs, usually at house shows. WCW was no different in that regard save that the title change usually happens on Saturday Night.

strobogo

Banned
So I never watched WCW growing up, but I don't really understand why Harlem Heat wins the belts at Fall Brawl just to lost them the next night on Nitro. Thank god the Network let's me relive this booking.

Mostly because WCW didn't give a shit about the tag titles after 1992ish. That kind of shit happened regularly.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Mostly because WCW didn't give a shit about the tag titles after 1992ish. That kind of shit happened regularly.

I only made it as far back as 1991 but they didn't give a shit about tag belts back then either...and they had three sets of them, US, World, and 3 Man.

I'd love a trios belt in WWE. Hell they basically had a trios division at the end of 2013.

strobogo

Banned
I only made it as far back as 1991 but they didn't give a shit about tag belts back then either...and they had three sets of them, US, World, and 3 Man.

I'd love a trios belt in WWE. Hell they basically had a trios division at the end of 2013.

They gave a shit during the Watts era, but not really again after that.

somedevil

Man you can see at the end of 96 how the new world order was getting bloated already. The big boss man, virgil, buff bagwell and 2 others I can't name should not of been in the group.

DMczaf

I'm watching the last Nitro before Starrcade 96, and they were already building up the idea of Hogan vs Sting a year out with video packages.

Probably one of the best and smartest buildups ever....until the payoff went to hell.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm watching the last Nitro before Starrcade 96, and they were already building up Hogan vs Sting with video packages.

Probably one of the best and smartest buildups ever....until the payoff went to hell.

They got their biggest babyface even more over by turning him into a tweener that never wrestled for 15 months, set him up to face the big bad and return WCW to power at literally their biggest show ever...and then that happens. It's crazy.

Top Bottom