• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

jred2k

Does "TS" mean "T2" here? If so, I mean, I liked it. It was a fun action movie. It dragged, though, and some of that child acting -- lawd.

I figure TS would mean Terminator Salvation.

Yeah that was a typo on my part. I meant T2.

Not to continue to drag out the conversation, but I think T2 deserves a lot of praise for havinf sfx that still hold up 23 years later. I can only imagine what it was like to watch that scene of the T-1000 walking through the barred door in the hospital in 1991.

Hasney

I'm still waiting for Sunny to post exactly what was added to the Network today...

iAyY5nqkkwCV6.gif

What should be the story is not the content of the pictures, but the idea that Apple had such weak security that something like this could happen, and if personal information got out as well. I'm saying that people should be able to get past nudity in 2014. Everyone has nudies out there. Spider is worried about his 6/10 inches being leaked. But then it happens and it's, "Well, fuck, guess people saw me naked". But what isn't something you just brush off is if all your personal information, and information of friends and family, also got out there. I think THAT should be the focus of this whole thing. No matter what kind of victim blaming piece of shit I must be for not feeling bad for the nudes getting leaked, you can't really find a way to blame them for getting their personal info getting stolen. Or I can't, at least.

You're a god damned fool if you think that's all that happens if your nudes are leaked as a woman. Jesus.
No matter what kind of victim blaming piece of shit I must be for not feeling bad for the nudes getting leaked, you can't really find a way to blame them for getting their personal info getting stolen. Or I can't, at least.
..So combined with your posts saying that a woman whose nudes is an idiot because she shouldn't have been using a blah blah whatever phone, you're saying that you'd blame someone if their nudes got stolen and leaked, but you wouldn't if it was their personal info? The fuck? I just think it's weird you keep separating them when they often go together.

Penguin

I wonder how all the people who jumped ships and burnt bridges with Vince are still happy with their decisions.

I mean I guess they use Luger in docs now

jred2k

Anyone else playing Diablo 3: UEE on PS3? I have plenty of rares and legendaries to give away!

I'm playing on PS4 so I don't know if mail across platforms. I just beat the main game and unlocked adventure mode yesterday. My PSN ID is in my profile on here.

Watching Nitros now. If the IWC was around in 1995, people would be clamoring for Disco Inferno to be a main eventer. "He's really embraced the gimmick and it's entertaining!!!"

Also, Hulk Hogan got choked a little bit by the Giant and is wearing a neck brace. What the hell is selling?

The night also marked the revelation of the new season's big bad: a teeming faction of villains called the Flood, including a couple of brainwashed former heroes and a few central threats of seasons past. They're all in the thrall of Decaulion, a towering Bane-esque masked figure. The latest wrinkle: Decaulion actually kills characters, coming in at the end of shows and hitting supporting characters with a monstrous chokeslam/backbreaker thing. The wrestlers don't die, obviously, but the characters are never seen again. A couple of beloved grapplers have already fallen victim. Once again, the stakes have been raised.

Whoa

Zach

Yeah that was a typo on my part. I meant T2.

Not to continue to drag out the conversation, but I think T2 deserves a lot of praise for havinf sfx that still hold up 23 years later. I can only imagine what it was like to watch that scene of the T-1000 walking through the barred door in the hospital in 1991.

Yeah, I feel that. The movie had a lot going for it.

And hey, I didn't know about this celebrity naked fest until this topic. I just checked out those J-Law pics. I'd hit it. And it's unfortunate for these people and I'm not saying it's right, but people should be more careful. I've had ladies in my life who are not celebrities that would never take nude pictures of themselves. I mean, man or woman, why would you open yourself up to a leak like that? Again, no one is saying it's right (and I know, I'm a sick freak for just checking them out bla bla bla), but it's the way the Internet age is, man. People should know this.

Hopefully this smartens some kids up, at least.

strobogo

Banned
You're a god damned fool if you think that's all that happens if your nudes are leaked as a woman. Jesus.

..So combined with your posts saying that a woman whose nudes is an idiot because she shouldn't have been using a blah blah whatever phone, you're saying that you'd blame someone if their nudes got stolen and leaked, but you wouldn't if it was their personal info? The fuck? I just think it's weird you keep separating them when they often go together.

Tell me what happens to famous women when nudes of them get out. Which careers were ruined? We're talking about famous people, not local teachers and civic leaders. The fall outs are much, much different. The late night shows will make a few jokes for a couple of weeks and then no one will care. No one is going to take a hit career wise. Everyone knows the risks of sexting. There is always the possibility of something happening with those pictures, be you a celebrity or not. The difference in not feeling bad about pictures getting out and feeling bad about personal info getting out is that personal info can get someone physically harmed.

Yeah, I feel that. The movie had a lot going for it.

And hey, I didn't know about this celebrity naked fest until this topic. I just checked out those J-Law pics. I'd hit it. And it's unfortunate for these people and I'm not saying it's right, but people should be more careful. I've had ladies in my life who are not celebrities that would never take nude pictures of themselves. I mean, man or woman, why would you open yourself up to a leak like that? Again, no one is saying it's right (and I know, I'm a sick freak for just checking them out bla bla bla), but it's the way the Internet age is, man. People should know this.

Hopefully this smartens some kids up, at least.
"I'm not saying it's right but I'm totally going to wank to it anyway lol"

God damnit, whatever. Bye wrasslegaf. I'll put over anyone but Stro in canada before I leave the company.

This whole argument depresses me. It fucking sucks that we live in a world where people's privacy can be so easily compromised, but at the same time not knowing the vulnerabilities of the services with which you chose to share your private information is, at best, naive and, at worst, totally ignorant. I find that people today are far too willing to put themselves online, without even the slightest consideration towards the potential risks and ramifications. People value their privacy, but then leave its safety in the hands of others, which is just crazy to me.

Hasney

This whole argument depresses me. It fucking sucks that we live in a world where people's privacy can be so easily compromised, but at the same time not knowing the vulnerabilities of the services with which you chose to share your private information is, at best, naive and, at worst, totally ignorant. I find that people today are far too willing to put themselves online, without even the slightest consideration towards the potential risks and ramifications. People value their privacy, but then leave its safety in the hands of others, which is just crazy to me.

Yeah, it's pretty dumb all around. Even if your own backup solution is somehow 100% secure, people don't seem to understand that once that image gets put on to someone else's device, you not only have to trust that they won't share it, but that their backup solution is just as secure. So many default setups now just sync to somewhere online, so your 20 step verification means shit if their device just uploads all images to Photo Bucket by default.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Watching Nitros now. If the IWC was around in 1995, people would be clamoring for Disco Inferno to be a main eventer. "He's really embraced the gimmick and it's entertaining!!!"

Also, Hulk Hogan got choked a little bit by the Giant and is wearing a neck brace. What the hell is selling?

You're not wrong there. People don't respect that being low or mid card comedy character is an art on to itself.

The issue is that it sounds like your saying that Jennifer has nothing to be legitimately upset about when she is the victim of a crime and public embarrassment.

That it won't hurt her career is completely irrelevant.

You're not wrong there. People don't respect that being low or mid card comedy character is an art on to itself.

I think people would complain a whole lot less about their favourite wrestlers not getting these grand main event pushes if only; a) the mid-card was worth a damn and b) the mid-card belts were worth a damn. Horrid booking is to blame, once again.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW Monday Nitro 9/18/95

• American Males vs The Blue Bloods
  • American Males vs Harlem Heat WCW Tag Team Championships
  • Mr. Wonderful vs Johnny B. Badd
  • Brian Pillman vs Ric Flair

A lot of firsts. First unscheduled title match. First TO THE BACK. First time anyone heard Mr. Wonderful's new music. First time someone gave himself a piledriver. A lot of stuff for an hour. Four main storylines continued and at least one was expanded quite a bit.

ibxAsae04lVQzS.gif

iZWegh1QI9b78.gif

Dumb non wrestling related thought.

Why arent satellite TV/cable boxes better then they currently are? Just watching some TV today and thinking about how bad the box we have sucks and all the features it doesnt have.

Its slow to navigate normal menus and almost unusable once you get into On Demand stuff. No text search option for TV channels, A ugly and low res UI. It would make sense if it had things like Netflix and youtube in it but it doesnt.

And its the size of a VCR.

Why aren't all these new TV boxes just Android Powered Roku / Apple TV sized pucks by now?

Penguin

LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW Monday Nitro 9/18/95

• American Males vs The Blue Bloods
  • American Males vs Harlem Heat WCW Tag Team Championships
  • Mr. Wonderful vs Johnny B. Badd
  • Brian Pillman vs Ric Flair

A lot of firsts. First unscheduled title match. First TO THE BACK. First time anyone heard Mr. Wonderful's new music. First time someone gave himself a piledriver. A lot of stuff for an hour. Four main storylines continued and at least one was expanded quite a bit.

ibxAsae04lVQzS.gif

iZWegh1QI9b78.gif

I also like how WWE poaching talent is a quiet part of their revised history of the Monday Night Wars because they were hardly even successful with it.

Vader, Marc Mero.. though were better later on with Big Show and Jericho.

Carnby

Dumb non wrestling related thought.

Why arent satellite TV/cable boxes better then they currently are? Just watching some TV today and thinking about how bad the box we have sucks and all the features it doesnt have.

Its slow to navigate normal menus and almost unusable once you get into On Demand stuff. No text search option for TV channels, A ugly and low res UI. It would make sense if it had things like Netflix and youtube in it but it doesnt.

And its the size of a VCR.

Why aren't all these new TV boxes just Android Powered Roku / Apple TV sized pucks by now?

You might have an early model. Go to your cable company's bill pay center, and return your box/remote, and ask for the latest model. This worked for me when I had Time Warner Cable.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The best talent acquisitions going to WWF from WCW all involved people pissed off at the current regime. Jim Ross, Stone Cold, Mick Foley.

Carnby

unpopular opinion time: I never liked WCW Nitro. I always saw it as an inferior product. I started watching WWF after WrestleMania 12. Even though WWF wasn't prefect, I stuck with it and bought my first pay per view in September of 1996. The main event was Shawn Michaels vs. Mankind. And that match was exactly why I liked WWF over WCW. Old men wrestling, redneck announcers, and the corn ball production value of Nitro never appealed to me. ...And how many times did Nitro end with NWO storming the ring? That stuff got old real fast.

I'm not the least bit excited about Nitro on the Network. I just don't see the appeal.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I also like how WWE poaching talent is a quiet part of their revised history of the Monday Night Wars because they were hardly even successful with it.

They struck secret gold with Marc Mero though as bringing in his wife definitely made them a ton of money. Vader wasn't awful either and Goldust did ok.

Ric Flair and Luger though, yeah, they missed the boat there. Ron Simmons too. It's funny how all of them are connected. Ric Flair gets lowballed and leaves, they make Luger the champ. People disgusted by Ric Flair leaving throw all of their hate onto Luger, who gets an awful title run feuding with people like Ron Simmons and leaves just as Flair is coming back. Ron Simmons, whose never really in the top card again after his run also eventually heads north.

Hasney

unpopular opinion time: I never liked WCW Nitro. I always saw it as an inferior product. I started watching WWF after WrestleMania 12. Even though WWF wasn't prefect, I stuck with it and bought my first pay per view in September of 1996. The main event was Shawn Michaels vs. Mankind. And that match was exactly why I liked WWF over WCW. Old men wrestling, redneck announcers, and the corn ball production value of Nitro never appealed to me. ...And how many times did Nitro end with NWO storming the ring? That stuff got old real fast.

I'm not the least bit excited about Nitro on the Network. I just don't see the appeal.

I was the opposite, but even when WCW was at its best, if WWF had a good main event, it was usually much better than the WCW equivalent. Mind Games was a great example of that, but the WCW shows were better all the way through. Cruiserweights to open, incredibly talented mid-card and the name attractions at the main event.

While nWo Hogan was the only time I enjoyed Hogan, him being in every main event was awful. His matches were even more boring as a heel.

strobogo

Banned

It's like both companies just traded rosters in 1995/1996. WCW got all the old 80s dudes, and WWE took dudes like the Godwinns, Mero, and lucked out with Austin.

Early Nitro is most definitely better than what Raw as doing at the same time. Raw in 1995 and most of 1996 that didn't involve Austin were rouuuuuugh.

I re-discovered wrestling through video games. Comparing WWF War Zone to WCW vs. NWO: World Tour told me everything I needed to know about those respective companies and their shows. I wanted to find out more about these characters I was playing as, so it was Nitro for me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Outside of Clash of Champions, which was free and almost always stacked to the roof, WCW also had a problem developing super card PPVs. I mean, I just watched ten starrcades, supposedly the flagship WCW PPV, and only one or two of them really stood out as stacked. Hell there's more Halloween Havocs that have the big match feel to them!

Even awful Wrestlemanias have a bigger feel to them.

Aiii

So not worth it
With the arrival of Nitro I can finally do what I've wanted to since the damn thing launched, watch Nitro and the PPV's in order.

Watched the first two Nitro's and now onto Fall Brawl 1995 with the Wargames match.

This is what people want WWE, stop being dicks and upload a two year batch of Raw next month.

Carnby

Dat WCW production value. Ugh. The spinning ring on Saturday Night, the black and white matches NWO had privately, the intro, the logo, the nitro girls, you name it. I hated it all.

There was one moment that caused me to stop watching WWF after they won the war. It was when WCW came over to WWF as it's own product. I remember during the last segment of an episode of RAW, WCW took over and Buff Bagwell and Booker T had a match. I was like "WTF is this? I hate WCW, that's why I watched WWF." I turned it off, and didn't return to wrestling until 2010... just in time for WrestleMania 27. yay...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
With the arrival of Nitro I can finally do what I've wanted to since the damn thing launched, watch Nitro and the PPV's in order.

Watched the first two Nitro's and now onto Fall Brawl 1995 with the Wargames match.

This is what people want WWE, stop being dicks and upload a two year batch of Raw next month.

Ummm...there's already two years worth of RAW on there.

Penguin

To be fair, you can watch all the Raws from 93-94 and first half of 95.....

strobogo

Banned
Dat WCW production value. Ugh. The spinning ring on Saturday Night, the black and white matches NWO had privately, the intro, the logo, the nitro girls, you name it. I hated it all.

There was one moment that caused me to stop watching WWF after they won the war. It was when WCW came over to WWF as it's own product. I remember during the last segment of an episode of RAW, WCW took over and Buff Bagwell and Booker T had a match. I was like "WTF is this? I hate WCW, that's why I watched WWF." I turned it off, and didn't return to wrestling until 2010... just in time for WrestleMania 27. yay...

You missed a lot of fun stuff in 2001-2002.

Aiii

So not worth it
Ummm...there's already two years worth of RAW on there.

To be fair, you can watch all the Raws from 93-94 and first half of 95.....

Yep, they stopped uploading two eps a week right as WWF became interesting.

Should have clarified I'm interested in 1996-2002 Raw's only, the rest I don't really care about at this moment. I would suppose I'm not the only one in that.

I was the opposite, but even when WCW was at its best, if WWF had a good main event, it was usually much better than the WCW equivalent. Mind Games was a great example of that, but the WCW shows were better all the way through. Cruiserweights to open, incredibly talented mid-card and the name attractions at the main event.

While nWo Hogan was the only time I enjoyed Hogan, him being in every main event was awful. His matches were even more boring as a heel.

Best part about the cruiserweight matches were that they usually showed it early in the program so you can migrate over to Raw if you wanted to for the main events.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Best part about the cruiserweight matches were that they usually showed it early in the program so you can migrate over to Raw if you wanted to for the main events.

Almost exclusively! Plus the hour time difference later on so all of the Cruiserweights would be done and dusted by the time RAW started.

Sort of problematic in 1998 though when the midcard was also pretty good in WCW.

Top Bottom