• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seth Killian joins Sony Santa Monica to work on All Star Battle Royale

ledman

Didn't see this coming and i'm don't know what to expect really, but i glad to hear that he got something so fast, maybe this is the reason he left Capcom?

I don't really know how much balance input Seth can put into PS All Stars since the game is going to be done soon. What Seth should be doing is getting the name PS All Stars to the people and promoting it everyone. He needs to bring it main stream like he helped resurrect fighting games in general with Street Fighter 4. Seth has got to show the casuals why this is different from Smash Bros. and why its better in principle. A dedicated hardcore fighting game style balance doesn't bring in the casuals but once this game is properly proposed to the people, it will definitely keep them playing.

The game is not done anytime soon. It's tentatively Q4 and will change if work needs to be done. I don't think they will release an unbalanced game. Also, they can patch it whenever they please.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
WOW!!! WOW!!!
Good stuff skill!

Hero

Hope Seth can do some good over there but I'm not sure how much he's going to be able to do on PASBR since it's shipping in a few months.

Lexity

Neo Member
I really have low hopes for this game.........at e3 the gameplay was just flat out boring. They really need to push the release date back and make some changes.

As long as the technical aspects and included game mechanics are solid, there's a lot that can be done to help a fighting game on the fine tuning side of the things. If it's too much of a mess on that end, well, then I look forward to the first project he's on from day 1.

Valnen

Kind of angry he's at Sony and not where he belongs with Street Fighter, but kind of happy he's actually involved with game development now instead of being just PR. Confusing.

Also, this probably won't change the fact that Capcom fighters are the only ones really worth full price.

Boss Man

Sony wins 2012
2012 is actually kind of boring for Sony first party wise. They should just push PSABR to 2013 since that is going to be a behemoth year for them and it'll leave a good taste in people's mouths before the next-gen consoles drop.

impact

Banned
2012 is actually kind of boring for Sony first party wise. They should just push PSABR to 2013 since that is going to be a behemoth year for them and it'll leave a good taste in people's mouths before the next-gen consoles drop.
As opposed to all the great games from MS and Nintendo coming out in 2012 such as

Boss Man

As opposed to all the great games from MS and Nintendo coming out in 2012 such as
Wii U and Halo 4? Sony's pipeline is definitely full but I think 2013 is their year. God of War: Ascension, The Last of Us, Beyond, and potentially Final Fantasy Versus 13 and/or The Last Guardian. I just don't see much going on in Q4 2012 except for Sly and PBR.

newjeruse

That doesn't make much sense. There's no reward for winning a year and if anything you don't want to step on your own toes.

Boss Man

That doesn't make much sense. There's no reward for winning a year and if anything you don't want to step on your own toes.
Yeah you're probably right, but someone said Sony's going to 'win' 2012 and I only meant to argue that might not be true and 2013 is their year if anything.

LTWood12

Definitely much more interested in All-Stars now. Could someone more knowledgeable fill me in on what are typically the last things worked on for a fighting game before it goes gold. Wondering what part he'll play in the end of its development.

Ferrio

Banned
Definitely much more interested in All-Stars now. Could someone more knowledgeable fill me in on what are typically the last things worked on for a fighting game before it goes gold. Wondering what part he'll play in the end of its development.

DLC...

*runs*

Probably a lot of balancing and polishing.

Isn't it possible hes been giving input on PASBR for 1-2 months before this announcement? Hell he could of moved over to Sony officially weeks before this announcement. I have a feeling that him moving to Sony has been in the works for a while now. He was on The Tester months ago. Just cause this was officially announced now, doesn't mean he couldn't of been giving some form of input on PASBR as early as April/May.

LTWood12

Probably a lot of balancing and polishing.

Isn't it possible hes been giving input on PASBR for 1-2 months before this announcement? Hell he could of moved over to Sony officially weeks before this announcement. I have a feeling that him moving to Sony has been in the works for a while now. He was on The Tester months ago. Just cause this was officially announced now, doesn't mean he couldn't of been giving some form of input on PASBR as early as April/May.

I hadn't considered this, but it certainly makes sense.

Wow nice, best case scenario is All stars is as fun to play casually as smash bros but mechanics make it good enough to be picked up as a competitive fighting game. Very good steal by Sony.

The fact his job at Capcom involved him hopelessly defending their horrible DLC practices (through no fault of his own) probably didn't help.

Balance and bug-fixing.

Capcom is still the best place to be if you want to make fighters. You can hate the company all you want but they still make the best fighters.
Nothing stays the same forever. If there's anyone who could spread the quality to other companies, it's S-Kill.

Chavelo

Capcom is still the best place to be if you want to make fighters. You can hate the company all you want but they still make the best fighters.

sfxt0214123bmpjpgcopy_530x298.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Doesn't this game come out in like, 4 months? Maybe they realise how awful it looks.

Top Bottom