• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow of the Eternals appears on Steam Greenlight

Zeth

This is super lame, a game is not made by one person. I feel the need to upvote just to hopefully cancel one of the countless downvotes from people who have no clue about the game or developer and whose only goal is maliciousness. :(

ASTROID2

Voted yes. I can understand someone not supporting the kickstarter if your not sure if they will finish the game but voting for it to not be on Steam makes no sense.

HoosTrax

This is super lame, a game is not made by one person. I feel the need to upvote just to hopefully cancel one of the countless downvotes from people who have no clue about the game or developer and whose only goal is maliciousness. :(
There's no "cancelling out" to be done. The downvotes have never counted on Greenlight (well other than giving people a feeling of smug self-satisfaction). Only upvotes count.

Basically:
downvote = 0
upvote = +1

Korezo

What's the point of putting the game on green light if the game doesn't exist and they can't even afford to make it? It takes space away from the real games available. And I think I up voted this garbage just to get steam achievment since it was the first game on greenlit. What a mistake.

HoosTrax

If it's an invalid submission, reporting it is probably more effective than a downvote.
The people who think an unfinished game is not allowed on the regular section of Greenlight haven't follow Greenlight, like at all. The only real difference between whether you chose Concepts or Games is whether or not you want to pay $100 to be in the regular section, and whether you want to risk the wrath of voters if you submit a really raw concept. Valve themselves care not at all.

Some of the games that Valve has accepted out of the Greenlight pool won't be seen for months if not years.

OryoN

Hating for a screw-up is one thing. Hating an honest effort because of a past screw-up is another. What a desperate bunch...

The game will be kick-started with or without morons.

notworksafe

The people who think an unfinished game is not allowed on the regular section of Greenlight haven't follow Greenlight, like at all. The only real difference between whether you chose Concepts or Games is whether or not you want to pay $100 to be in the regular section, and whether you want to risk the wrath of voters if you submit a really raw concept. Valve themselves care not at all.

Some of the games that Valve has accepted out of the Greenlight pool won't be seen for months if not years.

I was going to mention this. Reporting this for not being complete probably won't do much. Ah well, like I said I'm still interested. Of course I also liked Too Human co-op (picked it up for $15) so maybe I'm the crazy one.

Beth Cyra

Hating for a screw-up is one thing. Hating an honest effort because of a past screw-up is another. What a desperate bunch...

The game will be kick-started with or without morons.

Given how well it's done so far, not fucking likely.

People who want it better hope Morons start coming around.

Jobbs

Banned
Cool, how do we do that?

report.jpg

To anyone not up on all the previous pages, the reason you would be justified in reporting this listing is because it's not a valid greenlight submission. This is for actual finished or near finished games that are ready to go and want a shot to get listed on the store. These guys are not only going against the spirit of the place (indies) but they are going against the actual guidelines as well.

How early in development can I post my game?
There are two categories in Steam Greenlight: One for mostly-finished games seeking distribution via Steam and one for early builds and concepts that are simply seeking feedback from the community. You can choose the right category for your title when you post.

Note that the "concepts" section is seperate and that this listing is listed in the main games section, not the concepts section.

They are exploiting greenlight to market their kickstarter with no plans or ability to win it because they have nothing to sell if they did win it.

ari

Banned
Neogaf are fucking assholes. Lol

So much shitty taste around here but has the nerve to mass down vote something for absolute nothing. If it wasn't for this thread, some of you wouldn't even go out your way to vote anyhow. Pathetic.

Jobbs

Banned

I can only go by their own rules. I didn't submit my own game to greenlight because I, oh, you know, checked the fucking rules and determined I wasn't eligible. Imagine doing such a thing.

edit: the vitriol that may be evident in my tone there was not directed towards you, in case it sounded that way. it was for SK

Beth Cyra

So much shitty taste around here but has the nerve to mass down vote something for absolute nothing. If it wasn't for this thread, some of you wouldn't even go out your way to vote anyhow. Pathetic.

Getting mad and screaming about people being pathetic for not liking or wanting to support something is equally as bad.

Even more so when Down votes as said in this thread don't negativily effect the game in anyway, so what is the point in bitching like this?

ari

Banned
Getting mad and screaming about people being pathetic for not liking or wanting to support something is equally as bad.

Even more so when Down votes as said in this thread don't negativily effect the game in anyway, so what is the point in bitching like this?
because this is GAF?

Stuart444

Who is Neogaf? Is it a person? No, there is plenty of people around here, all with different opinions which is why there is a war of words between people who support this game/this greenlight and people who don't. Neogaf is no one person and there is NO hive mind mentality because if there was, the entire thread would be similar/the same type of posts. But no, it isn't, it's actually a thread between people who don't support it and people who do regardless of the ratio of people.

Besides that, some people have the right to be skeptical, others have the right to vote "Yes" and support it. There is absolutely no need for childish arguments in here as it just makes everyone look bad.

notworksafe

Because everyone is hanging around bored waiting for the servers to crash tomorrow.

HoosTrax

I can only go by their own rules. I didn't submit my own game to greenlight because I, oh, you know, checked the fucking rules and determined I wasn't eligible. Imagine doing such a thing.
That particular aspect you're honing it on isn't a "rule". It's just a guideline / suggestion. The "Report" button is primarily for submissions where the person is a) submitting a game they don't own, or b) submitting racist / offensive / sexually explicit etc material.

But go ahead and Report and let us know what comes out of it.

Jobbs

Banned
That particular aspect you're honing it on isn't a "rule". It's just a guideline / suggestion. The "Report" button is primarily for submissions where the person is a) submitting a game they don't own, or b) submitting racist / offensive / sexually explicit etc material.

But go ahead and Report and let us know what comes out of it.

They sure make it sound like a rule rather than a suggestion, but fair enough. Maybe I'll submit something of my own to greenlight.

Normally I don't care about what people are up to and am not interested in narcing people out, but something about these SK guys and Dyack has rubbed me wrong, the Epic thing moreso than the others, (if you aren't up on this, it's shady as fuck, go look up the wiki page or something for details) and if I can nail them on a technicality then I'd be happy to. From my point of view they're just a bunch of liars and cheats, and maybe I could sorta forgive that if they made good games.. but, well, you know.

I think it's time for me to abort thread and bail out of here!

Czigga

I voted yes. You guys are all petty / trolls. Aren't we supposed to be the bastion of a mature, reasonable gaming community that doesn't hold grudges? And if not, we should be.

But still I must admit, this thread does make me smile.

cappies

Jobbs said:
To anyone not up on all the previous pages, the reason you would be justified in reporting this listing is because it's not a valid greenlight submission. This is for actual finished or near finished games that are ready to go and want a shot to get listed on the store. These guys are not only going against the spirit of the place (indies) but they are going against the actual guidelines as well.

Looks like I made a mistake and put it in the wrong category. It's not the first mistake I've made and it won't be the last.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, I will look into fixing it.

Cramoss

Because it is stupid. A lot of people here wouldn't downvote the game if I weren't because of Dyack, not the game itself.

Beth Cyra

I voted yes. You guys are all petty / trolls. Aren't we supposed to be the bastion of a mature, reasonable gaming community that doesn't hold grudges? And if not, we should be.

But still I must admit, this thread does make me smile.

The amount of people who have joined from Gaf since the Dyack nonsense probably far out weight those who are left and voting down because of it.

Not supporting this thing because of how Too Human and X Men Destiny turned out when they actually had backing and decent size teams, is a mature and respectable thing to do if you don't have faith in such a small team.

Not everyone hates on Dyack just because of Neogaf history.

Because it is stupid. A lot of people here wouldn't downvote the game if I weren't because of Dyack, not the game itself.

Bullshit. I wouldn't give money to anyone from Sk until they prove they could make a quality piece of Software regardless of Dyack. An 8 person team, making an Episodic game that is suppose to live up to ED and using Cry Engine 3 is crazy to me, doesn't matter what 8 people ar on the team.

As for Dyack, Precursor new or should have known exactly that this would happen, and they shouldn't/don't need some net White Knights defending them.

OryoN

Given how well it's done so far, not fucking likely.

People who want it better hope Morons start coming around.

Well how is that working out for them so far? Cause last time I checked, they had to start a second campaign due to the first one not going anywhere.

lol not unless Dyack wins the lottery. The numbers so far are pitiful.

Poor choice of words... not the "morons" part, but "kick-started" :p

What I mean, or believe is; The game will be funded, regardless of the unnecessary levels of hate.

Whether the kick-starter programs works out, or a publisher sees potential in the game and supports it, or whether Nintendo themselves decides to rescue it for an exclusive. I believe this game WILL see the light of day, regardless of the campaign against it.

Feel free to call me out on it in the future.

(finally figured out how that damn multi-quote thing works)

Jobbs

Banned
I didn't know they were watching. Now I feel a little bit bad about calling their games bad. I can't help it.

But still... the Epic thing.

Beth Cyra

What I mean, or believe is; The game will be funded, regardless of the unnecessary levels of hate.

Whether the kick-starter programs works out, or a publisher sees potential in the game and supports it, or whether Nintendo themselves decides to rescue it for an exclusive. I believe this game WILL see the light of day, regardless of the campaign against it.

You really expect a Company to pick this up with how poisoned it's been? Also if your so sure that Nintendo would do it, why would you care if a single person upvoted this? The moment Nintendo signed on to it this would be worthless for Precrusor and those who voted.

Gbraga

That trailer was very cool, what are the reasons I shouldn't want it?

I mean, is it the same team behind Too Human and X-Men Destiny? That would make me stay away from the Kickstarter, but still check it out in the future if a demo is released.

EDIT: Started to watch the gameplay demo, Edgar "Allen" Poe, is that correct? Honest question, I've learned Edgar "Allan" Poe and always thought that was correct since it was like that everywhere I saw, even the books I have, are both correct or something?

Beth Cyra

That trailer was very cool, what are the reasons I shouldn't want it?

I mean, is it the same team behind Too Human and X-Men Destiny? That would make me stay away from the Kickstarter, but still check it out in the future if a demo is released.

Only 8 people on the Project, so saying they are the Team Behind TH or XMD isn't really the right thing to say IMO.

Also the trailer would have been okay if they actually showed off some gameplay. Until that happens I can't see any reason anyone would want to give them money, so I can't fault people for not helping them.

Gbraga

Only 8 people on the Project, so saying they are the Team Behind TH or XMD isn't really the right thing to say IMO.

Also the trailer would have been okay if they actually showed off some gameplay. Until that happens I can't see any reason anyone would want to give them money, so I can't fault people for not helping them.

Sure, of course, I don't help many other games, but I don't see the reason to downvote so far. Sure, there's the Dyack hate, but as you said, they're 8 guys who do what they love, not fair to try to sabotage their work just because of one of them.

Unless of course they're the team behind Too Human and X-Men Destiny, then I can understand why someone would really not want this game to even come true, even though it's still a bit too harsh imo

Kickstarters/crowdfundraisers are good ways to judge interest in a product. Why would a publisher pick up a product that so far has garnered so little interest?

Beth Cyra

Sure, of course, I don't help many other games, but I don't see the reason to downvote so far. Sure, there's the Dyack hate, but as you said, they're 8 guys who do what they love, not fair to try to sabotage their work just because of one of them.

Unless of course they're the team behind Too Human and X-Men Destiny, then I can understand why someone would really not want this game to even come true, even though it's still a bit too harsh imo

Down voting isn't sabotage when it doesn't do anything.

Still I do hope it succeds for those who want it, don't like to see anything fail. I just find it weird after what has come out of the previous studio, the type of game it is, and that so many companies are moving away more and more from mid tier games that some honestly expect someone to swoop in and save this.

Top Bottom