• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow Warrior 2 PC Performance Thread

Okay. Initially had bad judder when turning the camera left or right like frames missing. But fps was good. So nvidia control panel and pre-rendered frames set to 1 and okay in full screen and v-sync.
Looking at 4K@50fps generally there abouts. As for HDR I assume I need a new HDMI cable as its washed out quite badly. The one I have is 1.4 and High Speed but it doesn't look right at all. So new cable on its way.
Game looks good. Not exceptional but it's a good mix of graphics and performance.

Just to add I was getting 4K@60fps and HDR on my Samsung KS7000(8000 in US). And in game mode too. But like I said my cable is too old as it was very washed out.

dr_rus

k0dc.png

https://www.computerbase.de/2016-10/shadow-warrior-2-multi-res-shading-benchmark/

cabot

I think I fixed my problem. I soft-modded the EDID of my TV (Sony XD80) in several aspects and I can now set 3840x2160 @ 60Hz @ 4:2:0 12bit with HDR hassle-free. Didn't notice any sky banding so far and HDR works fine. Also, my 10m Highspeed HDMI cable (main suspect for the issues) does the job too lol

Thanks for this, my new samsung tv has this 4k30hz problem with HDR colour settings, so its good to see it probably can be fixed through soft modding!

Will give it a go tonight.

KKRT00

I just learned that synthetic benchmarks are freaking useless.

I reinstalled my GTX 1080 on new mobo and tried this game and was shocked at only getting 60-70fps at Medium setting in 1080p with 99% GPU utilization.
So i wanted to check synthetic benchmarks to compare my gpu to others. In FutureMark both TimeSpy and FireStrike, and in Unigine Heaven Benchmarks i got results slightly lower than 1070.
Ok i knew that something is clearly wrong, so i checked my mobo again and it seems like PCIE connector i used was 2.0. Moved gpu to 3.0 one and then launched Unigine and results were similar to other 1080's... great.
After that i launched Shadow Warrior 2 on similar settings on the same maps, result? 144fps and 70% GPU utilization.

So difference between PCIE 2.0 and PCIE 3.0 on GTX 1080 was
Synthetic benchmark - 25%
Real game - 242%

--------

Ps. Difference between i5 2500k@4ghz and i7 6800k@4ghz is huge in game. If you dont have probably at least 6 threads, you are fucked if you want high fps in this game.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Guys I'm sorry to be lttp. Running this on a 4k TV at 1440p. Only problem is since I set it to 1440p it is in a smaller screen in the middle of the screen.

Is this a known issue? Running on a gtx 970. Ran Fullscreen at 4k! Now, this was a custom resolution I had to create with Nvidia display control if that helps.

EDIT: Resolved.

I reinstalled my GTX 1080 on new mobo and tried this game and was shocked at only getting 60-70fps at Medium setting in 1080p with 99% GPU utilization.
So i wanted to check synthetic benchmarks to compare my gpu to others. In FutureMark both TimeSpy and FireStrike, and in Unigine Heaven Benchmarks i got results slightly lower than 1070.
Ok i knew that something is clearly wrong, so i checked my mobo again and it seems like PCIE connector i used was 2.0. Moved gpu to 3.0 one and then launched Unigine and results were similar to other 1080's... great.
After that i launched Shadow Warrior 2 on similar settings on the same maps, result? 144fps and 70% GPU utilization.

Real game - 242%

--------

Ps. Difference between i5 2500k@4ghz and i7 6800k@4ghz is huge in game. If you dont have probably at least 6 threads, you are fucked if you want high fps in this game.

4690K 980 Ti 16GB RAM playing @1080p with no issues. Never dropped below 110FPS

Akronis

Real game - 242%

--------

This worries me greatly. I have my GTX 1080 in a PCI-E 3.0 8x slot and now I'm wondering if all my games have been running like shit >_>

Looking at benchmarks, it doesn't seem to matter, but I still wonder...

Top Bottom