• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowloo Showdown 2012 | Fighting game tournament (AU) | May 4-6

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Haha, he seemed to look the same to me. :p And, yes he has feelings. You can tell he puts his soul into it man. I respect that. Real Men are not afraid to cry.

Also, I will go on record right now and say that FChamp hands down..HANDS FUCKING DOWN. Is the nicest American that showed up at S.S. He is so helpful and passionate about the games he plays. The guy was helping out every single person who asked for advice. He would stop to chat and was super gracious. He is a fucking class act. Don't worry about the bullshit from the past or what you heard or someshit. The guy is fucking legit a nice human being.

dj houshin is 2nd nicest.

Marlin Pie is also really fucking cool and nice. A bit shy but really fucking cool.

JWong...I really did not see talking to any locals much at all. My friend said the guy is a fucking jerk and pushed him out of the way during the tournament. The general opinion I got from locals was that he is anti-social towards most of the locals unless you're "known". Which is too bad seeing as he is #esports or whatever the fuck you want to call it. Oh well. Thank goodness DJ & FChamp were at S.S to represent the other (cooler) side of American marvel scene. :)

Knives was just at S.S looking to make money. Which is fair enough. (He was not a jerk or anything like that he just comes from the MM house of Fanataq lol)

It was so bad that the person on the mic had to tell JWong people were not cheering against him but the game because NO ONE wanted a reset.

I actually called this as a joke at the time. I even admitted that I wanted Gamerbee to win just so there would be no reset. Turns out I was right afterall, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one thinking this though lol.

Pongko got cheered because they love him downunder...too bad he started crying for like whole match after he got knocked out by JWong.

Damn, it never feels good to hear about stuff like this. From what we all keep hearing, Poongko is a machine. Or in other words he sounds like a guy who spends tons of time on these games, playing or training. It seems like he's pouring everything he's got into these games that he plays, heart, soul, and any other deep shit you can think of. So it must hurt even more when he falls short of winning. This won't be the last we hear of him though. I'm sure this will only make him hungrier the next time he appears at a major tournament.

SmokeMaxX

JWong...I really did not see talking to any locals much at all. My friend said the guy is a fucking jerk and pushed him out of the way during the tournament. The general opinion I got from locals was that he is anti-social towards most of the locals unless you're "known". Which is too bad seeing as he is #esports or whatever the fuck you want to call it. Oh well. Thank goodness DJ & FChamp were at S.S to represent the other (cooler) side of American marvel scene. :)
JWong is really classy. I think he's just shy, but he's one of the nicest people in the FGC. He always comes out to our Arkansas regional and always gives advice and chats up with the locals. First time we met him, he was really quiet for a while until people introduced themselves to him.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good stuff to Offcast and the guys down under. High level AE will always be more entertaining to me than any other game. Needed more Daigo but that time will come.

number47

JWong is really classy. I think he's just shy, but he's one of the nicest people in the FGC. He always comes out to our Arkansas regional and always gives advice and chats up with the locals. First time we met him, he was really quiet for a while until people introduced themselves to him.

I remember seeing him in CTF before,and its easy to talk to him providing its just talking to another person, NOT JUSTIN WONG,and not just fighting games. other than that, hes just like everyone else. except not smelly.lol

plus most new yorkers are kinda anti social at first. i really hate how shy this city makes us.

Top Bottom