• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowloo Showdown 2012 | Fighting game tournament (AU) | May 4-6

Onemic

240p + SFxT = Ugh.

I think I'm out for this tournament. At least KVO has been entertaining.

EDIT: Nevermind, it got fixed.

It has? Quality is still a piece of dog shit for me. HQ2 has TTT2, so I'm too busy watching that to care much about the HQ1 quality anymore tbh.

Why does every Japanese players use shotos + Rufus?

Do they hate Tekken?

The Japaneses are huge tier whores, that's why so many of them jumped on the Yun/Yang bandwagon in pre patch AE and were quick to jump off that bandwagon after the nerfs. Also that's why KVO yesterday was filled with anchor Vergis despite there being much better anchors out there, these guys aren't even tier whoring to the top tier, they are tier whoring to the bandwagon.

AAK

How the heck do you have a team of Raven and Yoshimitsu and lose to someone that doesn't even play Tekken? JWong was solely relying on instinct and played a Tekken 5 Feng and BR Jack. If I was in his position I would have just abused the 10 strings. He obviously didn't know when to block low.

LowParry

How the heck do you have a team of Raven and Yoshimitsu and lose to someone that doesn't even play Tekken? JWong was solely relying on instinct and played a Tekken 5 Feng and BR Jack. If I was in his position I would have just abused the 10 strings. He obviously didn't know when to block low.

JWong (celeb) effect I'm sure.

smurfx

get some go again
The Japaneses are huge tier whores, that's why so many of them jumped on the Yun/Yang bandwagon in pre patch AE and were quick to jump off that bandwagon after the nerfs. Also that's why KVO yesterday was filled with anchor Vergis despite there being much better anchors out there, these guys aren't even tier whoring to the top tier, they are tier whoring to the bandwagon.
vergil is one of the best anchors. who do you think is a better anchor?

vergil is one of the best anchors. who do you think is a better anchor?

Anchor Vergil is very meter dependent, very dependent on lvl 3 X Factor (and those who know how to play this game want the ability to use lvl 1/2 X Factor when necessary) and Vergil's assists aren't bad but they aren't terrific either. Having him as anchor is a big liability for your first 2 characters. People need to stop thinking about how to make comebacks with their anchor and start thinking about how to make sure they are never reduced to their anchor.

Infinite

Anchor Vergil is very meter dependent, very dependent on lvl 3 X Factor.

The beauty of having a character in the last slot is that chances are if it comes down to that character those resources you mentioned are going to be abundant especially if you're getting steam rolled. Vergil makes great use of the resources while having the other tools an "anchor" character needs such as being able to combo after air throws, not being dependant on assist (Vergil is otherwise dependant on assists if he lacks meter,) and not possessing a lot of shitty match ups if any. He basically what you want in an anchor lol

People need to stop thinking about how to make comebacks with their anchor and start thinking about how to make sure they are never reduced to their anchor.

Things wont always go your way ever and sometimes the game will come down to you your last character xfactor and +3 bars of meter.

AAK

I still feel SFxT is a brilliant title. Watching Poongko play was a real treat. Awesome the way he broke down each of the characters he uses and the charge EX setups.

K.Sabot

Yeah, I went to sleep at 6 pm so I could wake up at 10 and pull the all nighter. Good thing I haven't missed anything.

sleepykyo

Ken and Rufus. Well, I always knew Rufus was cheap in this game, I thought it was just me that couldn't deal with Ken's tatsu in this game.

Imm0rt4l

Why does every Japanese players use shotos + Rufus?

Do they hate Tekken?

Rufus is really fucking good in this game plus familiarity in those characters. I'm not sure that many Jp players would rather invest little time into this game as is.

Dahbomb

Anchor Vergil is very meter dependent, very dependent on lvl 3 X Factor (and those who know how to play this game want the ability to use lvl 1/2 X Factor when necessary) and Vergil's assists aren't bad but they aren't terrific either. Having him as anchor is a big liability for your first 2 characters. People need to stop thinking about how to make comebacks with their anchor and start thinking about how to make sure they are never reduced to their anchor.
There is no anchor character better than Vergil. Who is better than him? Phoenix? Requires meter and XF to be a good anchor just like Vergil. Strider? Needs meter and XF to be a good anchor. Wesker? Even with XF and meter he is less than Vergil with meter. Dormammu? Vergil beats that free even if Dorm has meter. Felicia? Vergil beats that. Dante? Vergil beats that.

Vergil as anchor is a legit option in the game. You save up meter, XF and even a top assist for the option to run through their team if things get rough. Not a bad trade off. It's no different from saving resources/giving up options for Phoenix.

I do agree with the last part of the post, it's better to make a proper team and put Vergil at 2nd spot where he actually belongs.

Dahbomb

Man FChamp zoned the FUCK out of that Zero team.

Good quality stream by the way.

By the way I already told you guys that pools for Marvel at SS is going to be a bunch of scrub stomping. This was an example of it. That final combo was way overkill.

Infinite

There is no anchor character better than Vergil. Who is better than him? Phoenix? Requires meter and XF to be a good anchor just like Vergil. Strider? Needs meter and XF to be a good anchor. Wesker? Even with XF and meter he is less than Vergil with meter. Dormammu? Vergil beats that free even if Dorm has meter. Felicia? Vergil beats that. Dante? Vergil beats that.

Vergil as anchor is a legit option in the game. You save up meter, XF and even a top assist for the option to run through their team if things get rough. Not a bad trade off. It's no different from saving resources/giving up options for Phoenix.

I do agree with the last part of the post, it's better to make a proper team and put Vergil at 2nd spot where he actually belongs.

Vergil is literally good at any spot in a team imo.

This Gri guy is about to go 0-2. Damn... that sucks. 10 minutes into the Marvel tourney and you're out!

Edit: Or will it be SF | Jsculls?

Double Edit: It's Gri....

Top Bottom