• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter project by Harebrained Schemes [Ended, $1.8M funded]

Midou

Checkpoint system in a game like this seems really bizarre, though I can't say I've been keeping up with this game very much. Have previews been good? I have not found many. I suppose maybe affording them is difficult...

Vlodril

I would say that's probably right.

However, the editor for this game is pretty robust, and it's using Steam workshop for sharing user-created missions. So, there will be no shortage of content.

I really hope you are not right 5-6 hours for an rpg would be more abysmal i could even guess.

Purkake4

Banned
I really hope you are not right 5-6 hours for an rpg would be more abysmal i could even guess.
It's not supposed to be an RPG to the scale of Baldur's Gate or what have you. It's just a campaign pack which will be followed by another one of similar length a few months later.

Lime

New update interesting for those living in Seattle:

preview1.png

We’re really proud of the Shadowrun Returns art team and excited that they have the opportunity to show off some of their work with an art show at the Raygun Lounge on Capitol Hill in Seattle. The show includes a large selection of art and concepts from the game as well as personal contributions by members of the art team.

If you’re in the Seattle area, come join us tomorrow night starting at 6pm for the opening of the show! Make sure to check out the pieces down the street at Gamma Ray Games, too.

The Art of Shadowrun Returns
July 11, 2013
6pm - 9pm @ The RayGun Lounge
501 E Pine Street - Seattle, WA 98122

Can’t make it tomorrow? The show will be viewable through August 7. Here are just a few pieces that are in the show.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Just a heads up, they've started sending out keys to backers. You won't be able to activate them on Steam until the game goes live though.

Just a heads up, they've started sending out keys to backers. You won't be able to activate them on Steam until the game goes live though.

Yep just got my key. You can, in fact, activate the key on Steam immediately. It's just that the game won't unlock until release date.

Geoff9920

You can add them to your account, but you won't be able to download anything yet. Doesn't sound like they'll be doing a pre-load either.

Got my key too. For one brief shining moment I thought we got an early beta or something.

Uh, who's on the OT?

I thought and hoped this was true. Got my key though, and I'm fucking ready.

Don't forget to check out the full conversion SNES remake for Shadowrun Returns when it drops...

adj_noun

Sounds like all keys have been sent now.

Harebrained Schemes LLC less than a minute ago

Hey All - We finished sending out all keys this morning. If you haven't received your email, please check your spam box and shoot us a note at info@hbs-studios.com if it's not there. We definitely have quite a few that have bounced back to us so don't panic. We promise to sort it out. Thanks!

inm8num2

I'm more or less rooting for the crowdfunded games so that there may be some leveraging against publishers in the futures. I'd like to see publishers realize that there are people who are willing to pay for a variety of games, and that it's possible to deliver good titles without the exorbitant AAA budgets.

We need more mid-tier budget games.

edit - at the same time these guys had to work with MS to get the rights to the game, which is potentially one reason why they couldn't offer DRM-free distribution other than to their backers (and those versions won't be able to play DLC or additional content). So, perhaps not the best example of what I wrote above.

adj_noun

Re: extra keys, from HBS (this was regarding a certain pledge level, but should still be valid to anyone with extra keys):

Harebrained Schemes LLC about 21 hours ago

The first key is for being a Backer, the second key is the one that we weren't able to put on the dog tag (but that you can load onto the dogtag yourself), and the third key is for the DVD-Rom copy in the Boxed Set. Since the DVD can't be updated over time, it's not truly a copy of the game. You are free to keep or give away the extra keys as you wish.

So gift/hoard away!

Top Bottom