• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shane MANGOD Bettenhausen Leaves Ignition Games

No matter where he goes he'll always be my Mangod. Ignition hasn't always nailed it but I think it's safe to say we wouldn't have seen Deadly Premonition without his influence.

LiK

RomanticHeroX said:
No matter where he goes he'll always be my Mangod. Ignition hasn't always nailed it but I think it's safe to say we wouldn't have seen Deadly Premonition without his influence.

i seriously didn't give a shit about DP until Shane was pimping it on podcasts. and i thank him for it profusely.

FUCK, i hope someone will localize Grand Knights History. Shane was the guy who pimped it on twitter the most.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hope wherever you go next treats you well Shane. Good luck.

Also, when and if Shane returns to a regular podcast, I'll go back to listening to podcasts again.

You will always be my Mangod.

RomanticHeroX said:
Wasn't Ignition also the reason why Deadly Premonition had combat gameplay shoehorned in?

Volcynika

Only knew him from Ignition, so I just got used to hearing a lot of BS about good localizations. So eh. Maybe he'll find something better.

inner-G

Banned
I hope he ends up somewhere where he can be on a regular podcast!

He's always so entertaining (and shares a lot of my gaming preferences and interests), he was always my favorite on 1up Yours, I hope he finds something he likes, either way.

AntiTout said:
I'm going with here's another score: 5/10
5/10
Deadly Premonition Review 10/10

It is worth noting that the review is in the same language as all the voice work in the game.

Reviews don't mean much, but if I didn't speak English it would have no doubt harmed my enjoyment of Deadly Premonition. Subtitles just aren't the same for a game like this.

LiK

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
Wasn't Ignition also the reason why Deadly Premonition had combat gameplay shoehorned in?

iirc, i think it was Swery's management that told him to add it in.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
inner-G said:
I hope he ends up somewhere where he can be on a regular podcast!
I basically hope for completely selfish reasons that this is the case.

Shane + regular podcast, maybe with the addition of not being a game maker so as to be able to talk completely freely would be the best.

StuBurns

Banned
Curufinwe said:
I hope he goes to 8-4. Him and Mark (the real secret best member of of 1UPYours) make a great podcast team.
That's just unfair in the podcast wars, GiantBomb can't compete with that.

Seriously though, he can't speak Japanese can he?

StuBurns

Banned
CoachKevin said:
I guess you didn't get the joke/reference how he always would say, "[insert game here] is the secret best [genre] game ever."
I still don't get it, but alas, I'm sure it's funny.

angelfly

StuBurns said:
That's just unfair in the podcast wars, GiantBomb can't compete with that.

Seriously though, he can't speak Japanese can he?
I remember him saying before that he learned a bit. That was during the old 1UP days.

Pyccko

Ah, good ol' Mangod. Well, at least he got us El Shaddai before jumping ship. Hope he moves on to something lovely.

AntiTout

a Master Ninja said:
Deadly Premonition Review 10/10

It is worth noting that the review is in the same language as all the voice work in the game.

Reviews don't mean much, but if I didn't speak English it would have no doubt harmed my enjoyment of Deadly Premonition. Subtitles just aren't the same for a game like this.
2/10
2/10 "Reviews don't mean much"

Edgeward

Well, took long enough for the rumors to come true. Always heard rumbling of it, glad he got out before that Ignition ship totally sank.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Camouflaj was also my first thought (bonus points for spelling it right)

I'd wish him luck but God doesn't need luck

MrDaravon

Makes me sad only because it makes me worry about a localization for any further SWERY stuff. But yeah, someone needs to be bitch slapped for ARF, man that was terrible. I have a pretty high tolerance for so-so JRPGs and I couldn't play that thing for more than an hour, with the translation and voices (oh god the voices) being the final straw.

Top Bottom