• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shane MANGOD Bettenhausen Leaves Ignition Games

Slime

Banned
Neuromancer said:
Hahaha wow, what's the story behind this?!

Ignition sent a fun little Hairstyle Guide as press material alongside review copies of Arc Rise Fantasia because they're adorable.

Ellis Kim

Banned
DidntKnowJack said:
Hope this doesn't violate any rules for copyrights. It's been posted here before.

http://oi36.tinypic.com/2i70jyf.jpg[/QUOTE]
hahahahaha, we need a proper scan of that photo XD

StuBurns

Banned
BrodiemanTTR said:
I coined the nickname Mangod in a really shitty old thread I made and NeoGAF user Y2Kev ran with it. I cannot believe it's still in wide use years later.
Cool, thanks for replying. I've been wondering for a couple of years actually.

Flavius

BrodiemanTTR said:
I coined the nickname Mangod in a really shitty old thread I made and NeoGAF user Y2Kev ran with it. I cannot believe it's still in wide use years later.

I can only assume you are swimming in 24k gold-plated pools filled with the finest Champagne, and wiping your arse with the finest linens hand-woven by 100 virgins with the royalties from such a creation.

Flavius said:
I can only assume you are swimming in 24k gold-plated pools filled with the finest Champagne, and wiping your arse with the finest linens hand-woven by 100 virgins with the royalties from such a creation.
Internet trademarks expire at blinding speed.

Barrett2

Not surprising. On podcasts over the last 18 months he's talked about "championing" games for Ignition that were enormous flops. Time to look for other opportunities.

I only know him from podcasts, but he seems like a cool dude. Hopefully he has a great job lined up.

StuBurns

Banned
While Ellis is in here actually, I do think I should be getting some cash for 'CEmake'. If MS want to cut me a cheque, I'm not too humble to accept it.

Flavius

Syph Medwes said:
Perhaps he's what they need.
Or maybe he should join Bitmob and work with shoe.

I tend to forget about shoe and Bitmob. :(

Bums me out, actually. Maybe I should go and have a peek? Love his writing, but I DO NOT want to listen to that dude on another podcast again (no offense!).

Shane on the other hand? Buttery smooth...yes, indeed.

EDIT: Looking now...where the fuck did Crispin go???

Cartman86

Banned
lawblob said:
Not surprising. On podcasts over the last 18 months he's talked about "championing" games for Ignition that were enormous flops. Time to look for other opportunities.

I only know him from podcasts, but he seems like a cool dude. Hopefully he has a great job lined up.

Deadly Premonition was a hit wasn't it?

Flavius said:
I tend to forget about shoe and Bitmob. :(

Bums me out, actually. Maybe I should go and have a peek? Love his writing, but I DO NOT want to listen to that dude on another podcast again (no offense!).

Shane on the other hand? Buttery smooth...yes, indeed.

EDIT: Looking now...where the fuck did Crispin go???

I think he's still at 8-4 doing script writing/localization.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Call Crispin and Seanbaby up and revive broken pixels!

john tv

The C-Man works from his glorious estate in CA. He also works for some big-time publishers like National Geographic.

john tv said:
The C-Man works from his glorious estate in CA. He also works for some big-time publishers like National Geographic.

Dammit. He had some great moments on EGM live and other shows. Shame he doesnt get vocal more, he was really funny.

Can you get him to skype at least once on the anniversary of your company or something? Get some thoughts on your whole crew past and present?

skip

Cartman86 said:
Speaking of moves around the industry where did Andrew Pfister go? He moved up to Seattle recently.

Correct, I am in Seattle! Doing some off-the-radar freelance stuff for now.

.JayZii

Banned
B-but he must go to 8-4. Shane "Man God" Bettenhausen, Mark "Gaming Jesus" MacDonald and John "Hori Spirit" Ricciardi. Tell me this is not a match made in heaven.

Kyoufu

.JayZii said:
B-but he must go to 8-4. Shane "Man God" Bettenhausen, Mark "Gaming Jesus" MacDonald and John "Hori Spirit" Ricciardi. Tell me this is not a match made in heaven.

Does Shane play Monster Hunter? I think that is what 8-4 requires in applications.

Shane's actually one of my favorite people in gaming.

Good luck with your next endeavors! Go do some more Weekend Confirmed before your next gig!

BJK

Neuromancer said:
Weekend Confirmed would be awesome.

Shane + Garnett's GD show = Podcasting gold

I'm guessing GameFly / Shacknews isn't hiring, but I'd love to see him on the podcast more frequently.

Best of luck to the Mangod, wherever his job hunt takes him.

Cartman86 said:
Oh god would that be amazing. Giantbomb should just hurry up and do a shit game show.

Have you seen the Endurance Runs?

*hides*

Don't really think Shane would be a good fit for Giant Bomb though. I think they have enough, uh, exuberant personalities as it is.

Duffyside

Banned
stryker1138 said:
Have you seen the Endurance Runs?

*hides*

Don't really think Shane would be a good fit for Giant Bomb though. I think they have enough, uh, exuberant personalities as it is.
getthefuckout.gif

Shane would bring a different perspective though, not only because he's been in development, but because he hasn't been hanging around with these guys for 10 years. He also has really different tastes than any of the other guys. He's argumentative, he's not afraid to challenge people, he knows a TON...

getthefuckout.gif

Pachinko

Shane always came across as a bit overworked and overstressed through twitter during his time at ignition, it's as though he forced himself through it because he enjoyed the games he was involved with but especially lately sounded like he needed a break.

So I hope the best for him, perhaps wherever he goes will offer a better balance of stress/enjoyment.

Heart of Black said:
I got to have drinks with Shane the night of El Shaddai's launch... it was a good night.

yesjacknicholson.gif

Ignition has had some financial woes recently right?

John Davidson is running gamespot these days right? maybe thats an option, but I don't see GB expanding any more

Top Bottom