• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shane Satterfield: Wii U Launch Line-Up is looking "pretty damn good".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would sadden me a lot if these games didn't come to Wii U sooner or later, because the most likely story would I sell my PS3 when I pick up the Wii U or at the very least stop buying games for it, like I did when I picked up my PS3, I stopped buying Wii games.

Impossible to say at this point. I just don't think it's wise to get your hopes up too much. Best case scenario I see as plausible is it misses a few of the early ambitious titles, catches up by the end of the second holiday season, then pulls ahead temporarily when the new PS and Xbox release.

Really depends on a lot of unknowns at this point like how well early third party efforts do and what it's capabilities are compared to upcoming competitor systems.

If this guy has positive Nintendo news it MUST be good.

This ^^

Definitely going to be an interesting E3. I stopped following what those Invisible Walls fellahs have been saying years ago due to their strange anti-Nintendo thing they have going on.

I think we're pretty much guaranteed to see any publishers with any sense supporting the U from the start, too many of them missed out on the money making machine of decent Wii development this gen for various reasons. I think we may even see more than a few third party exclusives on the way.

90sRobots

To be fair, any professional who calls something a "piece of shit" sounds like a child.
Your avatar implies vast maturity.

Luke Smith used phrases like "piece of shit" all the time. So did Shawn Elliott. And those two are examples of some of the more interesting people to be involved in the gaming press. Being honest and calling something a "piece of shit" is a breath of fresh air in this industry. You can be crass and intelligent at the same time; they aren't mutually exclusive.

90sRobots

Lol, this is a joke right? I can never be sure with Juniors...
"I started posting at a message board earlier than you thus I am smarter" will never cease to make me laugh. You truly are the master of your domain.

Anyway, right now I see no compelling reason to buy a multiplatform game on the Wii U.

BY2K

Membero Americo

i852gQ962BjS4.gif

Anyway, I just noticed I never put a link to the IW Episode in the first place.

guek

Banned
"I started posting at a message board earlier than you thus I am smarter" will never cease to make me laugh. You truly are the master of your domain.

Is this any worse than "I don't like your avatar thus I am smarter than you"?

Get a clue.

Diablos54

Anyway, right now I see no compelling reason to buy a multiplatform game on the Wii U.
Because that's what I said? Nice job putting words in my mouth.

Glass Joe

Hey quick question about controls. Are we to assume that we're to play these games with Classic Controllers? I love all four of my CCs, but it certainly isn't my first choice when playing AAA titles like Assassin's Creed III or Darksiders 2. No rumble and no L3/R3 buttons are a bit of a deal-breaker to me.

Because fuck if I'm playing on the tablet unless I absolutely have to.

My classic controller doesn't have L3/R3 buttons or rumble, so I'm not sure why it's so much better than the Wii U tablet. Unless width is an issue, but to be honest, I have bigger hands so I see that as a positive.

Is the tablet supposed to have clickable analog sticks? I haven't heard that, last I knew they were 3DS style sliders (hopefully that changes to at least traditional analog). But for multiplayer games, I don't see why classic controllers wouldn't be compatible... it's an identical set up, after all. I'm not even sure software coding would be required, just some hardware detection.

Luke Smith used phrases like "piece of shit" all the time. So did Shawn Elliott. And those two are examples of some of the more interesting people to be involved in the gaming press. Being honest and calling something a "piece of shit" is a breath of fresh air in this industry. You can be crass and intelligent at the same time; they aren't mutually exclusive.

This is utterly pathetic.

botty

Banned
...back to the Wii U having a pretty damn good launch lineup.

I'm guessing this is 3rd party centric. Don't really care for the multi plats so I do wonder what unique exclusives will be at e3 that we haven't already seen.

guek

Banned
My shot in the dark is that people like Shane saw some interesting stuff at GDC. We know John Harker did.

My guess is that at least one of those titles was Eternal Darkness.

botty

Banned
My shot in the dark is that people like Shane saw some interesting stuff at GDC. We know John Harker did.

My guess is that at least one of those titles was Eternal Darkness.

I doubt anyone has had a golden ticket to Nintendo's chocolate factory. I think he definitely something 3rd party... but what do I know, really.

Probably just a general sense of things from talking to devs and maybe a few third party things he's NDAed on would be my guess.

GDGF

Soothsayer
...back to the Wii U having a pretty damn good launch lineup.

I'm guessing this is 3rd party centric. Don't really care for the multi plats so I do wonder what unique exclusives will be at e3 that we haven't already seen.

Not only is it likely third party centric, but it's also likely western third party centric (since he seemed to have no idea what's going on in Japan on the third party side)

That's a great sign for the US market (and considering that Nintendo has proven capable of receiving great japanese third party support as of late, a great sign for the market as a whole)

guek

Banned
I doubt anyone has had a golden ticket to Nintendo's chocolate factory. I think he definitely something 3rd party... but what do I know, really.

I just can't think of anything from a 3rd party that would really make people say wow. Nothing likely anyway. The only other possibility is that there is a surprising amount of cross platform support. A handful of cross platform games wouldn't be impressive, it'd have to be a very strong showing of western support. But that too seems a little unlikely at the moment.

That's why I think it was ED :p

AniHawk

I just can't think of anything from a 3rd party that would really make people say wow. Nothing likely anyway. The only other possibility is that there is a surprising amount of cross platform support. A handful of cross platform games wouldn't be impressive, it'd have to be a very strong showing of western support. But that too seems a little unlikely at the moment.

That's why I think it was ED :p

beyond good & evil 2 a launch title. the console would be sold out for decades.

Instro

Personal attacks are always a great way to have a discussion.

Giving me a one liner about the prospective quality of a product is absolutely useless, if someone who is paid to write about the gaming industry can't provide something more substantial then they are not doing their job. I'm not sure how you could think this is a "breath of fresh air".

Hero

Luke Smith? Wasn't he that guy that practically praised Bungie for years until they hired him or something?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Calling something a "piece of shit" is a breath of fresh air in the gaming industry? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! One, that's probably the most commonly used description of anything in gaming since people are more willing to show their hate for something for some reason or another. Two, there's a whole language to use so resorting to such mindless words is a sign of having a child like mind. That's probably a good reason why they are in the gaming press and not writing a gaming column for the real press.

SteeloDMZ

Banned

This is hilarious.

WARP10CK

Banned
In today's episode of Invisible Walls on Gametrailers, the conversation turned to the third-party support for the upcoming Nintendo Wii U.

Shane Shatterfield, Editor in Chief of Gametrailers.com, had this to say (around the 12:00 minute mark):

Quote:
One thing that I can say without getting in any trouble is that the launch line-up for the Wii U is going to surprise people. It's going to be pretty damn good.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-205-invisible-walls/729443

skeptical.jpg

You think Retro might be helping with development? That would be excellent but is that really likely?

I think it's possible, as I recall Nintendo owns ED, not SK. And since Retro has been gearing up with all these devs from games like Uncharted and Darksiders, a team like that would be suited to the type of game ED was; dark, more realistic and visually pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom