• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shane Satterfield: Wii U Launch Line-Up is looking "pretty damn good".

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyshine

But we already know you won't have everything on WiiU. Unless you happily skipped every great 3rd party game since 2006 (or played on PC I guess). WiiU's launch seems like a pretty arbitrary time to decide you'd rather play the same games on a different (likely more expensive) system.

Maybe I'm misreading people's buying habits. Do most people buy 3rd party games 50/50 between PS3 or 360 or do they favor one? I agree it's better to have an "all-you-need" console, which is why I'm saying this.

I usually buy the version most reviews say are better. If there’s no real difference, I buy 360 because of the controller (SSX being the exception, because I can’t play that with anything except a DualShock). I never consider XBL vs SEN.

And how do we know Wii U won’t have full 3rd party support? (at least until PS4/720 kick in as main platforms, which probably won’t happen until 2015) We’re in a multiplatform era, and if Wii U succeed, there’s no technological reason to skip Wii U as a platform when you can simply port it over and add 20% to your sales. You don’t know the Wii U launch lineup, you don’t know what 2013 will bring. There will be full EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Sega and Capcom support, that’s almost given. The only reason for the C-team Wii efforts from those publishers was that it couldn’t handle the main games, and Wii U won’t see those kind of games.

AzaK

Are third party ports such a bad thing for launch?
For a lot of Wii owners, that's access to content and franchises they've never had a chance to play before. I think having major franchises available day 1 on a new console is a good strategy

Exactly.

They DO have a chance to play these titles. Which is why I don't get this logic. If an exclusive Wii owner by now had any interest in Arkham City, Grand Theft Auto etc..they wouldn't be exclusive Wii owners.

I wasn't an exclusive owner until my PS3 died.....twice. Basically I will no longer support Sony and their shitty hardware. Fuck em. Also, with the next gen so close and my need to pinch pennies for Wii U I ain't getting another platform.

FoneBone

I have a nagging suspicion that Satterfield is just more impressed by late ports like ME3 and Arkham City than most of us would be.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Console launches are almost always terrible. LEGO, Mario, Pikmin. I could get behind this and it beats the pants off of most launches.
Listing everything as launch 'window' without a full commitment to launch scares me

I have a nagging suspicion that Satterfield is just more impressed by late ports like ME3 and Arkham City than most of us would be.

I've no clue why anyone would do this, especially after the Arkham City demo. Nothing but incredibly superficial gimmicks.

Console launches are almost always terrible. LEGO, Mario, Pikmin. I could get behind this.

Funny how nobody had this attitude before the E3 presser, only after we witnessed the completely botched presser and a dire lack of games.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Well, if you're someone who only buys Nintendo console, it IS a pretty damn amazing line-up.

:/

linko9

I think that's exactly it. He sees AC3, ME3, Arkham, and says "those are really good games." Of course, he's right, but they aren't going to convince someone to buy a Wii U if they already have a 360, PS3, or decent PC.

SHANNEEEEEE
Chalmers1.gif

Pikmin 3
New Super Mario Bros U
Rayman Legends
HIDEKI KAMIYA GAME

Sounds good to me. Shame Nintendo decided not to show anything outside of the launch window though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom