• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shift over Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2 wants to sit next to you

So no sight nor sound of GR 2 at the Pre-TGS conference, which means it's been over a year now since we last saw the teaser video.

Seriously, what the hell is going on with this game?!

Steel

Banned
Quite possibly vaporware. I would've at least expected them showing a trailer. I mean DBZ was annouced with no trailer and we don't even get a mention of Gravity rush?

tumblr_naf1mhXEd31tjsogwo1_500.gif

Skele7on

Banned
How big was the announcements?

I would imagine stuff like GR2 and TLG would be on the mainshow?

I really believe that we'll hear something soon about it.

It's only been a year, it's hardly TLG levels.

Not showing it still filled me with rage, though. It was basically the whole reason I watched the conference.

They could have shown this, and instead they showed zero with anything approaching creativity or innovation (well aside from Tomorrows Children and Bloodborne)

It's only been a year, it's hardly TLG levels.

Not showing it still filled me with rage, though. It was basically the whole reason I watched the conference.

It isn't TGS levels, but showing a short teaser video and then going silent for an entire year, and potentially much longer, means it's heading straight towards vapourware territory. If it's been cancelled, or had its development prolonged due to a PS4 version, then Sony should just fucking say so and stop keeping us in the dark about these things. It's frustrating as hell.

I think its safe to say that all the talk about Studio Japan being reshuffled and getting back on track was bullshit and they are still as mismanaged as ever

Half the games that were at last year's show just got another teaser showing either no gameplay, or tiny 1 second long snippets.

I will admit, I am disappointed that GR2 is nowhere to be seen since it's very vague and titleless tease and I'm super excited for it and TLG, but I am very happy to see an Ys game announced for PS4 as well as the first trailer for PERSONA FREAKING 5! Persona 5!!!!! So I was satisfied! Greatly satisfied!

Anth0ny

Gravity Rush 2 is sitting at the kiddy table with Kingdom Hearts 3.

Still has another 6 years of limbo to go until it can hang with the gods, TLG and FFXV.

So salty about this, I was expecting a port of the first game and the sequel to be announced today for PS4 and VITA. No Siren either.

B.O.O.M

Not even remotely close, they announced it last year at TGS.

But I would have preferred if they announced wtf it's on PS4/Vita or both so that the speculation can end once and for all

You INSULT us Acquiescence.

Gravity Rush 2 was teased last year. Do know how long its been since we were teased with The Last Guardian. ANSWER ME

Gravity Rush 2 is sitting at the kiddy table with Kingdom Hearts 3.

Still has another 6 years of limbo to go until it can hang with the gods, TLG and FFXV.

October 18th, 2005 - Team Ico releases their last original game
May 19th, 2009 - The Last Guardian was revealed through a leaked trailer

8 years, 10 months, 15 days since Team Ico released their last original game
5 years, 3 months, 14 days since The Last Guardian was revealed with nothing released yet

May 9th, 2006 - Final Fantasy Versus XIII revealed

8 years, 3 months, 24 days with nothing released yet

Gravity Rush, with 1 year since nothing shown, is only 1/8th of way there!

LAA

GR2 was never actually announced really...just teased.
Could be simply GR remake on PS4 for all we know.

I am hoping it stays on Vita too...I sadly bet it wont seeing they're fine with taking tearaway from Vita, but if it is GR2, I hope it stays on Vita too with PS4.

It's only been a year since we saw that stuff at TGS 2013. What an absolutely absurd comparison. This is absolutely nothing like TLG levels.

Shinta

Banned
It's being moved to PS4 and they just hired someone to start porting GR1.

This set back things a bit, but in the end will be worth it.

That's my theory anyway.

Musolf815

Gravity Rush 2 was probably in very very early stages last year, not even announced as Gravity Rush 2, just as "a new project from Team Gravity". I hope we see it soon though, I love dat Kat.

JoJoSono

Banned
I don't know why everyone thinks the Vita version would be dead just because there would be a PS4 version. Japan is all about cross gen and they aren't ignoring the Vita.

Top Bottom