• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shigeru Miyamoto meets Rosanna Pansino & chats about Nintendo in 2015

First time seeing her. She's cute and has great delivery, and a sweet personality. Not annoying or abrasive like a lot of other YT celebs.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
That's awesome, although I'm increasingly convinced that there's a linear relationship between the popularity of YouTube celebrities and how insufferable I find them

Her enthusiasm is palpable, I'll say that

That was awesome. Those cake pops looked legit, especially the BSOD.

The host speaks really weirdly. Like overly cute and if I was a 5 year old or something. But her food looks great.

miyamotoury97.gif

This is going to get so much mileage lol

Saw this on Twitter today, was nice. I thought it'd get a bit awkward when Miyamoto showed up but she did a good job.

How awesome it must be to get a signed 3DS from the man himself.

I think in passing I've seen her before, but this is pretty cute. Seems like an awesome win/win: Rosanna gets to make delicious cake pops and play Mario Kart with Shiggy and Bill, and Nintendo gets to show off some stuff to a family friendly audience.

I was actually thinking today after an article was pointing out that Nintendo is embracing it's fans as its main demographic; this could be a really good move for them if they continue. Team up with more popular youtubers, and reach out to people who are huge fans (like that person that makes those custom amiibos) and do stuff with them. You get promotion, and they get to do stuff with their favorite company.

I think in passing I've seen her before, but this is pretty cute. Seems like an awesome win/win: Rosanna gets to make delicious cake pops and play Mario Kart with Shiggy and Bill, and Nintendo gets to show off some stuff to a family friendly audience.

I was actually thinking today after an article was pointing out that Nintendo is embracing it's fans as its main demographic; this could be a really good move for them if the continue. Team up with more popular youtubers, and reach out to people who are huge fans (like that person that makes those custom amiibos) and do stuff with them. You get promotion, and they get to do stuff with their favorite company.

Yeah I'm really liking Nintendos direction recently, embracing the internet and all.

I remember bumping into her channel a few times, and I remember liking the content that she created and her personality. It's pretty awesome that she got Miyamoto and Bill on her show!
Also, the images and gifs that have come out of this video are too much for me. lol

People with a sweet tooth? I'm sure you don't mean young kids, right? :p

Edit: Miyamoto rocking that Splatoon t-shirt.

Hehehe
I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if her channel and content appeals to a lot of young women, little girls, and kids in general (very important demographics for Nintendo)

Whhhhhaaaat, I would have pegged her for my age.

I know right?

GOOGLE:
Rosanna Pansino is an American baker, actress, and YouTube personality. She is best known for her nerd-themed cooking show Nerdy Nummies, the most popular baking show on YouTube. Wikipedia
Born: June 10, 1984 (age 30), United States of America
Height: 4' 10" (1.47 m)

Nationality: American

theaface

She/he/that was awesome. Might have to not-so-subtly show my wife this channel and see what she might be able to replicate (since I can't bake for shit).

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I know right?

GOOGLE:
Rosanna Pansino is an American baker, actress, and YouTube personality. She is best known for her nerd-themed cooking show Nerdy Nummies, the most popular baking show on YouTube. Wikipedia
Born: June 10, 1984 (age 30), United States of America
Height: 4' 10" (1.47 m)

Nationality: American

Whoa, she's the exact same age as me. And we both look like we're 15 too. D:

Initially read the thread title as 'Miyamoto meets Rosalina'

There's no way this video can be anything other than disappointing now

ramparter

Banned
She looks cute, I think it's realy cool Miyamoto (and Nintendo obviously) agreed to participate in that. And great present. So lucky of her.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Everytime Miyamoto talks about Starfox he is making that gyro movement...

probably because the game is built around that and the second screen concept? they showed and talked very llittle about this game, but the only things known are exactly those..!

big_z

She was steering with the d-pad.

The d-pad.

doesn't matter, some of the best players use motion controls. all control methods are useable its a matter of mastering them.

Everytime Miyamoto talks about Starfox he is making that gyro movement...

yeah that has me worried. I have a feeling this starfox will be more like rez where youre locked on a rail and you simply move the cursor via gamepad to shoot.

Spinluck

She seems to really love what she does, and is really good at it.

Good for her. It would be awesome meeting Miyamoto da gawd.

doesn't matter, some of the best players use motion controls. all control methods are useable its a matter of mastering them.

yeah that has me worried. I have a feeling this starfox will be more like rez where youre locked on a rail and you simply move the cursor via gamepad to shoot.

I'm pretty sure they've confirmed on-rails and all-range mode like in 64.

Neifirst

Missed opportunity not to show off that Kirby & the Rainbow Curse boxart with cookie Kirby. Miyamoto didn't mention that game at all for some reason, even though it presumably releases earliest in 2015.

DizzyCrow

Missed opportunity not to show off that Kirby & the Rainbow Curse boxart with cookie Kirby. Miyamoto didn't mention that game at all for some reason, even though it presumably releases earliest in 2015.
It was a really strange omission, but I suspect this game will have an entire video about it.

@MUWANdo

Banned

The controls, as outlined at E3: dual-analogue controls for turning, accel/decel, aerial manouevres, etc, gyro for aiming. Yes, aiming is decoupled from the movement of your ship, but you still have full control of your ship's movement, so it's not just a 360-degree shooting gallery or whatever.

The ship is displayed on the TV from the traditional third-person perspective while the gamepad displays a cockpit view that shows where you're aiming from a first-person perspective (or vice-versa, there's a toggle). The game is designed to make use of the interplay between both screens, and also to allow for co-op play by letting one player focus on shooting with the gamepad while the other player controls the ship with a pro controller.

In addition to the traditional Arwing (which can now turn into a Landmaster tankat the press of a button), there's also a new helicopter-esque hovering ship that attacks using a robot on a tether; when you release the robot, your cockpit view changes to the robot's view and you have to switch between both screens to allow the robot to aim or collect things from below while making sure to manage the length of the tether.

There were three stages in the demo--two all-range stages and the helicopter stage--but Miyamoto said the game will have traditional on-rails stages, too.

Jintor

Two thoughts: one, everyone in that video is super cute (dying of diabeetes).

Two, I was actually able to comprehend a little bit of Miyamoto's Japanese, which is weirding me out

Zomba13

It was in 2012, but when he was promoting Captain Toad he backpedaled on the comments on one of the blogs (might have been Kotaku).

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/02/10/shigeru-miyamoto-zelda/

For some reason, I find the idea that Miyamoto hates Toad to be hilarious.

I would love it if Miyamoto with Toad was like Jeff Gerstmann with Yoshi being all "Fuuuuuck that piece of shit. He's a fucking Mushroom! He's not even a person!"

Those cake pops looked sooo good.

Top Bottom