• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS) coming to NA retail/eShop Summer 2013 (July 16)

Expected, but still cool.

I'm still feeling kinda of iffy about of Atlus has been handling things lately, but at least this release is pretty prompt.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They once again didn't announce an eshop version.

I don't doubt that they will have one and that I will buy it

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Devil Survivor NDS - 6 months turnaround
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey - 6 months turnaround
Devil Survivor 2 - 8 months turnaround
Persona 4 Golden - 6 months turnaround
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers - 9 months turnaround
Shin Megami Tensei 4 - ~3 months turnaround

This is probably their fastest localization (not including Devil Survivor 3DS, wherein the NA version came out first). Maybe they're paving way an announcement sometime this Summer in JP/NA?

serplux

They once again didn't announce an eshop version.

I don't doubt that they will have one and that I will buy it

I think it's pretty much a given that any game that comes out for the 3DS (excluding Activision because Activision) will be on the eShop, so they don't feel the need to announce it.

Aeana

This is probably their fastest localization (not including Devil Survivor 3DS, wherein the NA version came out first). Maybe they're paving way an announcement sometime this Summer in JP/NA?

Trauma Team came out in NA before it came out in Japan, so it's not their fastest at all.

Zornica

Banned
It's a major title... so I can see them skip ghost light and giving it to nintendo (like they did with etrian 1).
or they could give it to NIS like etrian 4...
I'm ok with either of them.

Busaiku

Persona 4 Arena came out 1.5 weeks after Japan.

t26

It's a major title... so I can see them skip ghost light and giving it to nintendo (like they did with etrian 1).
or they could give it to NIS like etrian 4...
I'm ok with either of them.

but guess who brought over SMT III in Europe...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think it's pretty much a given that any game that comes out for the 3DS (excluding Activision because Activision) will be on the eShop, so they don't feel the need to announce it.

I think we're getting there but aren't quite there yet.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Persona 4 Arena came out 1.5 weeks after Japan.

I forgot about that, we know how that turned out. Not to mention I noticed a few grammatical errors in the game. :p

But yeah, this is probably the fastest localized RPG title they've done I guess.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If Siliconera is to be believed then they've finally reversed the Atlus trend of pricing below the regular market value on JRPGs in a big way.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Looks like a PS2 game that came out in 2003, so I guess it makes sense Atlus is going to price it like a PS2 game from 2003.

Actually most of Atlus's releases around that time came in at 40 or as low as 20 on the GBA.

chrono01

P1GiYZF.gif

Thank you Atlus. Thank you!

I shall pre-order as soon as I am able [off of amazon.ca]. Here's hoping for a pre-order bonus, although I will gladly do-so even without one.

Aeana

http://i.imgur.com/P1GiYZF.gif[img]

Thank you Atlus. [b]Thank you![/b]

I shall pre-order as soon as I am able [off of amazon.ca]. Here's hoping for a pre-order bonus, although I will gladly do-so even without one.[/QUOTE]

I think they're more likely to do first-pressing pack-ins like they usually do, but I guess I could be wrong about that.

Yeah, when I get the press release in my inbox, I had to throw this up as soon as the embargo lifted.

Thanks for the credit Vol! <3

It's fucking awesome that you NA folks are getting it this summer. That's much sooner than I had anticipated.

Rhapsody

Banned
Honestly surprised at how quick we're getting this after Japan. I was expecting end of this year at best or something.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh, that kind of makes my post not make any sense ...

Also 2003 had some terrible looking RPGs released. This game isn't the greatest looking but the models are light years ahead of what was presented in .hack//infection for example.

chrono01

I think they're more likely to do first-pressing pack-ins like they usually do, but I guess I could be wrong about that.
Yeah, that sounds more possible than anything else. It will likely be an OST sampler, as per usual.

Either way, free is free. If they offer anything, I will accept it with gratitude. However, it's not necessary at all. I'm just happy to see that we're getting the game so early!

vall03

Atlus USA bringing Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS) to North America in Summer 2013

I know we will be getting the game, in fact Im prepared for the worst that we might get it next year, and my best case scenario would be a late 2013 release, but Summer 2013?! Holy Shit! This is fucking fast! Can't complain though, more SMT and 3DS games for me. I just hope there will be a launch eShop release like EOIV and Soul Hackers.

Sophia

Atlus sure is biased.
Against Europe.

Yeah I'm fucking bitter and I'll keep on complaining forever.

If I were European I'd just import all my stuff, no matter how expensive. Sucks for you guys tho, but maybe you'll get a European branch eventually.

Top Bottom