• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV: EU release pushed back to Late October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faustek

We're not getting the retail exclusive DLC.
Yes the DLC is almost as much as the heavily discounted eShop game.

Finalow

dear Atlus,

giphy.gif

HomesIice

I wish they would at least throw in the archangel DLC for free, seeing as it relates to the story of the game.

I'm not even aware of the DLC that's available due to me trying to avoid spoilers (though I know there's one for costumes?) :/
Is it just the one that's related to the story?

Jisgsaw

I'm not even aware of the DLC that's available due to me trying to avoid spoilers (though I know there's one for costumes?) :/
Is it just the one that's related to the story?

That are two
archangel-
DLC actually.
There are a couple other story-related DLC too.

RalchAC

What the hell did Europe do to Atlus?!

We must have killed Atlus CEO's cat or something.

They should try to partner here with some publisher that has retail presence like Namco Bandai on a more general basis. They distribute most of Atlus games here in Spain (Persona 4 Golden, Catherine and Etrian Odyssey games were distributed by them here).

Right now, it seems that they have to knock at everybody's door in order to get their games published. Some are easy (like Persona Q, but that's from their biggest IP) and others quite hard. And in some cases you get something like SMT4.

Or they could try to ask for SEGA's help. Though I've read they only have offices in UK right now.

n6uA56H.jpg

"There. It took us over a year, but we finally dumped the American ROM on the European eShop. Wait, shit, there's a huge error here! Delay it further!"

mEFH4vk.jpg

"Phew, that extra month was worth it"

I love you.

But if that took a month, I'm afraid what will happen considering they have to change more than 1 number D:

HomesIice

SMT IV was shown in the recent NintendoAU direct (not really an update but still mentioned nevertheless, a rarity for this game imo)

tumblr_nce7c7SDqz1qjaiz1o1_500.png

kick51

Banned
n6uA56H.jpg

"There. It took us over a year, but we finally dumped the American ROM on the European eShop. Wait, shit, there's a huge error here! Delay it further!"

mEFH4vk.jpg

"Phew, that extra month was worth it"

Hey, if you change one thing in the code, everything else goes completely haywire!

walnuts

Checked the Australian Direct, and giving no release date makes me think the worst: delayed till Holidays and beyond.

Arizato

So it might get delayed again, huh. Why do I keep getting disappointed? I should just not care anymore, but I can't.

The fact that first it was November, other places just say 2014 and then we got a "late October" makes me think that was just the best case prediction and it might not necessarily make it. I'm not getting my hopes up this time.

redcrayon

AI first ordered it 18 months ago, and in between the delays and the digital-only approach, I've gone from it being one of my most anticipated games to one I just couldn't care less about anymore.

I can't believe they put out a physical edition Soul Hackers last Autumn but delayed this for a digital-only release when everyone has long-forgotten about it.

AI first ordered it 18 months ago, and in between the delays and the digital-only approach, I've gone from it being one of my most anticipated games to one I just couldn't care less about anymore.

I can't believe they put out a physical edition Soul Hackers last Autumn but delayed this for a digital-only release when everyone has long-forgotten about it.

I even went a step further and ordered the North American physical release instead (received it earlier this week). :)

Soul Hackers was published be NISA IIRC.

Conan-san

I was expecting a new delay with this bump, lol.
Still hope!

NISA needs to become Atlus' publisher for EU...

TBF Atlus can fuck off as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather NISA work on thier own projects rather than having to carry for a company that has the backing of SEGA and yet still can't get anything out for shit.
The purchace of Atlus by Sega has only exacerbated the problems of both.

Jisgsaw

tumblr_inline_n351j1uH0L1sratm4.png

What I would like to see is a post-mortem with details of the full year+ lag we've got. And what the heck happened with the French translation. A website called Le Figaro (Here, well in French obviously) told in an interview with the director of Nintendo France that they were working in a French translation. The interview was done in May so they dropped quite recently for... whatever reasons?

I'd lke that too.
I still can't wrap my head around the fact than in 2014, they manage to get such delays between US and EU for a not localized game.

But if they keep up what they did in the past, they'll not even lose one word about Europe (/Australia, sorry you had to be bundle up with PAL-regions guys), let alone explain a delay.

The fact that first it was November, other places just say 2014 and then we got a "late October" makes me think that was just the best case prediction and it might not necessarily make it. I'm not getting my hopes up this time.

At this point, I'm really starting to believe they have absolutely no clue about what's going on with their PAL game anymore. Not that they seem to care too much.

HomesIice

tumblr_inline_n351j1uH0L1sratm4.png

I'd lke that too.
I still can't wrap my head around the fact than in 2014, they manage to get such delays between US and EU for a not localized game.

But if they keep up what they did in the past, they'll not even lose one word about Europe (/Australia, sorry you had to be bundle up with PAL-regions guys), let alone explain a delay.

At this point, I'm really starting to believe they have absolutely no clue about what's going on with their PAL game anymore. Not that they seem to care too much.

Being bundled with the PAL region has its perks I guess, better than being in a region of its own.
I just realised that if everything went to plan with the original September release I/we would most probably be playing the damn game right now. bruh.

hahahah-

I mean :(

sorry Europe

On the bright side
I rebought the game on Amazon for $20 after selling it last year when I beat it

I'm going to feel really stupid paying for this game.
If it were anything other than a SMT game I would've jumped ship a long time ago.

It's a shame this silly situation really made my hype fade away. I won't take the game at launch, cause I will be playing Bayonetta. Maybe early next year.

Doczu

Atlus, you're realy testing my fucking patience with this one. As many have said here, if it was anything else, i'd propably drop out, but god damn i am in need of a dungeon crawler and i think i will drop my cash on some mid-tier indie eshop title (yes, The Keep sounds fun). Just say it won't come out in october, so that i can start saving for something else you god-damn pricks!

I can't fathom why this gets pushed to the side as a digital release but Persona Q which is a spin-off of a spin-off gets a retail release in EU.

SMT was Atlus' pride and joy, what they built their name from.

I feel bad for EU folks. :(

walnuts

I was just thinking they could include a free download code of the game with all physical and digital Persona Q copies. The game would get to more people because Persona is more popular than SMT in Europe, as far as I know. 2 games for the price of 1, if so, I wouldn't mind waiting two extra months.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Still looking forward to the game, but they really should have kept their fans sooo long in the dark about the EU release. Thats not how you treat your fans, there was a time when we didnt even knew the game was still coming.

Especially considering that what we are getting will be essentially the US version release nearly 1 1/2 year ago, only on the eShop. Weird situation overall.

Robin64

This race between Shovel Knight and SMTIV is not a very exciting one. Both contestants seem be asleep under a tree!

Golnei

This race between Shovel Knight and SMTIV is not a very exciting one. Both contestants seem be asleep under a tree!

At least Shovel Knight is looking to have a gap of under a year. If they're asleep, SMTIV slipped into a coma, had its life support pulled, was cremated and had its urn knocked over.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Shovel Knight isnt THAT old and its getting translated/localized as well. So not the best comparison. But Azure Strike Gunvolt and Shovel Knight are a match though.

bobohoro

My SMTIV eshop-credit already went to Theatrhythm and Hyrule Warriors DLC, don't plan on picking it up anymore after being excited for the game for years. Maybe if they cut the price again or get us some other goodies I'll be back, but I'd just feel stupid giving them money after all this idiocy.

And in the end I'll probably still be there Day-1 in 2015. I am weak. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom