• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV: EU release pushed back to Late October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peff

For reference Code of Princess got its USK rating in December of 2012. (Source).

The game was released here in March 2013.

5D5Os5l.gif

artsi

John keeps pushing but nothing comes out.

This is pretty amazing, amazingly incompetent that is.

Ladekabel

Better if they announced that this game will never ever be released in Europe, rather than keeping us waiting all this long.

Anyway, we must thank Nintendo again for the region lock. If the 3DS was region free we could have imported the game from NA one year ago.

Nintendo, thanks for screwing our lives once again!

I hate region lock as much as the next person, but if the developer/publisher announces a release in Europe I should not need to import.

I hate region lock as much as the next person, but if the developer/publisher announces a release in Europe I should not need to import.

This.

Atlus shuns Europe over and over, regardless of platform and/or region lock.

If there's anyone I feel bad for it's John, must be very frustrating to be in his position.

He doesn't look particularly depressed by it, so I wouldn't worry too much ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfnZiZLEiUc
But who knows, maybe he cries himself to sleep every night.

It really sucks that European 3DS owners and Atlus fans are being treated like Vita owners

At least SMTIV is getting localized and released.

Zareka

If there's anyone I feel bad for it's John, must be very frustrating to be in his position.
Yeah, for as much frustration that I hold towards Atlus, John has been pretty awesome through this whole thing. Even if the news hasn't been great he's been keeping us posted at all times.

Doczu

I'm out. My cash goes for The Keep and a used copy of Soul Hackers (take that Atlus!). Will get this one on a sale or something.

BTW. Rune Factory 4 will come out in EU? Or am i wrong on this one?!

artsi

Yeah for sure, not blaming him, but whoever is responsible for the project over there.

Although I'm getting a feeling that no one is actually responsible, it's just something.. lingering, waiting for someone to pick it up.

I'm out. My cash goes for The Keep and a used copy of Soul Hackers (take that Atlus!). Will get this one on a sale or something.

BTW. Rune Factory 4 will come out in EU? Or am i wrong on this one?!
Soul Hackers is a NISA game in Europe. A used a copy is likely to cost a lot more than €20 (might even cost more than the eShop price for Soul Hackers now...).

Rune Factory 4 has been rated. XSEED wanted to wait until it had passed all the NOE certification/checks before announcing it but the USK rating smoked them out. Also English only, digital only.

gngf123

It really sucks that European 3DS owners and Atlus fans are being treated like Vita owners

It's getting a release, but it really just is the US localisation. At least we are getting that much though I guess.

Also, every time I see this thread bumped I expect to see news of a new delay. No chance it releases this month.

walnuts

The European release was announced one year after the US release. That's very late, and I would have probably imported by last year's October if I could.

Even if Nintendo announced it would arrive to Europe in a Direct (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-GRg6aTI2E), everything went to Limbo. I agree this gives me a reason for not to import it, but after waiting all this long, I would have imported it if I had the chance. Even if it's announced, it looks like it will never arrive.

We don't even know why it took so long since the first announcement. At the beginning I thought it was being localized (according to what Nintendo France said this year's April or May), but it's the same NA version in the end. I guess we will never know what happened here.

Sorry if I sounded rude at my previous post, I'm a little angry with all this. Probably the hype is destroying me from the inside.

My guess is that NoE was gonna translate to the usual 5 European languages and Atlus/Sega probably got impatient or decided that they didn't want to pay for the localisation and since then Atlus created the purgatory we now see...

Majukun

the saddest part is that the only power we have as users,is to not buy the game at all after all this shit..but they would only use it as an excuse to never localize a game in europe anymore or something like that.

I still think it is worth the risk though..such behavior must be pointed out in a stronger way than just complaining on the internet..all the anger is useless if people go buy the game the moment it is released.

Lernaean

Banned
Better if they announced that this game will never ever be released in Europe, rather than keeping us waiting all this long.

Anyway, we must thank Nintendo again for the region lock. If the 3DS was region free we could have imported the game from NA one year ago.

Nintendo, thanks for screwing our lives once again!

I hate region locking, i think it's stupid that Nintendo region locks its hardware, and i'm very vocal in the end region lock campaigns.
That said you are completely wrong here. It's not Nintendo's fault if Atlus, bought by fuckin incompetent Sega for a long while now, can't publish the game they announced they would publish (in a physical special edition like the NA one may i remind you) a long time ago.
If it was published bu NoE we'd have the game months ago and most likely physical.

Jisgsaw

They really should just wait until next year and do a retail release that comes with all the DLC included.

Yeah, that'd be great.
Keep dreaming, it'll never happen

By this point, I don't know what'd be best for the game. Bringing it out in 2014 will leave it against the big christmas AAA, a spinoff of a spinoff of its own series that'll get much more attention (...), and all that with a digital only release with probably 0 publicity.
But well, the game is DOA for quite some time now anyway.

the saddest part is that the only power we have as users,is to not buy the game at all after all this shit.

I don't know for the gaming industry, but I guess it won't be any different than any other industry:
If I learned one thing, it's that that's absolutely not true. If there are satisfactory sales in a region, higher ups will want to maximize them, no exceptions.

No it's not for your first point, no it's still up in the air for your second, seeing how Atlus seems to be absolutely powerless against the insane technical challenge that is the 3DS (see Devil Survivor PAL bugs). I actually begin to fear for Persona Q.

We don't even know why it took so long since the first announcement. At the beginning I thought it was being localized (according to what Nintendo France said this year's April or May), but it's the same NA version in the end. I guess we will never know what happened here..

Well, like any Atlus game ever.
People will stil forget how bad Atlus are when it comes to Europe 6 month later, and be surprised again when their next game gets a 1 year delay to get the US build across the Atlantic *shrugs*

Unfortunately, as digital only. I refuse to buy 3DS titles digitally. As someone that just traded in my 3DS XL towards the New 3DS XL...wouldn't I have been screwed over, not being able to download my purchased titles?

Also, there's no proper recovery site for getting your Nintendo ID back in Australia. Inputting your email / just comes up with errors.

MLH

Unfortunately, as digital only. I refuse to buy 3DS titles digitally. As someone that just traded in my 3DS XL towards the New 3DS XL...wouldn't I have been screwed over, not being able to download my purchased titles?

Also, there's no proper recovery site for getting your Nintendo ID back in Australia. Inputting your email / just comes up with errors.

Not sure how things work with the new NNID on 3DS, I'm under the impression you can now format the system (un-linking the NNID from the system) and sell it, then link your new 3DS with your NNID and have access to all your eshop games without the need of the old system transfer (although you would loose all your saved data & have to re-download everything). I think at least that can be done with the Wii U but the 3DS didn't initially start with NNIDs so I'm not certain.

It's pretty crazy how crowded game EU releases are this month even just on Nintendo platforms.
Smash Bros. 3DS out last week, Bayo 1+2 on the 26th, and we'll probably get Shovel Knight and Rune Factory 4 this month too. And that's not the only games I'm picking up this month Legend of Grimrock II is out tomorrow!
Atlus have really dropped the ball with this delay...

It's insane how I went form "will buy a 3DS for this" to "FE:A is already here it'll make the wait more bearable" to "release it whenever you want I don't give a fuck anymore".
I just hope they'll let NISA handle all of their games in EU from now on because this shit is outright disrespectful.

Jisgsaw

It's pretty crazy how crowded game EU releases are this month even just on Nintendo platforms.

Well, like any fall period for years now.
That's why jRPGs usually don't come out in this period, see tales of (March/April in the US, August for Europe), and why Atlus wanted it out in September.

L~A

I think that, at this point, until it's featured in the weekly Nintendo PR, it's safest to assume there's no release date at all. Not even 2014.

I laugh every time I see this thread bumped.
Then I cry.
I see a lot of examples of grotesque incompetence in my daily life but this is something else.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
How come this shit is so fucking hard to do when Sega owns Atlus and has successfully launched hundreds of games in Europe. After all of this I'm expecting a "The game is ready for release but due to a packed release schedule we will postpone the release, more news early 2015"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom