• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV: EU release pushed back to Late October

Status
Not open for further replies.

artsi

This, honestly. There can be no legit reason for fuck ups of these proportions. Utter ineptitude on Atlus' part. If it gets delayed again, I'll take my money elsewhere for sure.

It's a tough matter for me. On the other hand, I don't want to support this kind of business, and on the other Atlus is my favourite developer and I really want to play SMT IV.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Persona's bigger now?

How big the IPs are have nothing to do with the SMT4 situation - they just changed their publishing plans too often when they could have had NISA publish the title in europe like every other EO or SMT 3DS title.

It seems like NoE had plans to publish it themselves probably because of the SMT x FE announcement, but then backed out and left Atlus standing there with their pants down.

I lost interest in the EU release of this game back in February, really dont care anymore, the only way they are going to salvage anything from this is either put a code of the game inside Q or get Sega to release it physically because at this point i'm done

Hagi

Too many games that have actual release dates in the coming moths to give a fuck about the countless delays for this anymore. If its out by July I'll buy it then.

Tizoc

Cool, lots of games to play anyway in October.
...but hey Nintendo made Bayo 2 a reality! Even releasing alongside the US on Wii U!
What's another month to a long ass delay on a game Ninty could've gotten for us earlier huh guys and gals?

Jisgsaw

Still looking forward to the game, but they really should have kept their fans sooo long in the dark about the EU release. Thats not how you treat your fans, there was a time when we didnt even knew the game was still coming.

Especially considering that what we are getting will be essentially the US version release nearly 1 1/2 year ago, only on the eShop. Weird situation overall.

You're not quite used to the PAL releases of Atlus games, are you?
As far as I know, the tweets from the PR guy from AtlusUSA is the most Atlus has ever talked about Europe, and SMT IV is (for now) not their biggest blunder when it comes to PAL releases.

You're not quite used to the PAL releases of Atlus games, are you?
As far as I know, the tweets from the PR guy from AtlusUSA is the most Atlus has ever talked about Europe, and SMT IV is (for now) not their biggest blunder when it comes to PAL releases.

Euro releases are clearly just an afterthought at the Atlus office.

And that PR guy is fairly new at Atlus, he's still learning company policy regarding Europe. :)

th4tguy

I'm excited for my friends across the pond who will get to finally play this.
I myself found the game to be good but not great. Even playing on higher difficulties, the game becomes pretty easy once you level past a certain point.

Also "world maps" are pointlessly complex to navigate.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
That RF4 vs SMT4 fight for Europe is so exciting! We need bets!

No matter who wins....we win ? lol

Looking forward to both games, just hope that they dont charge Full Price for RF4. SMT4 will be a day 1 download since i already bought an eShop Card for the game.

vag 2.0

Props to xseed for not trying to pull a preview culture "stay tuned!!! It'll be next month...uh
ok next month I swear" thing for nearly 2 years

I have no interest in rf4 myself but I bet the mood in that thread is much more positive

Lernaean

Banned
It's spectacular how much Atlus fucked up with this game.
Still hyped as hell for it, but ready for another disappointment.

I have decided to wait early 15 for a full atlus blowout on my 3ds, going for EO4, SMT4 and PQ
If you're going physical on the bolded it might be wise to buy sooner rather than later as those are NISA releases in Europe and they rarely bother to do reprints resulting in silly prices for physical.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
If you're going physical on the bolded it might be wise to buy sooner rather than later as those are NISA releases in Europe and they rarely bother to do reprints resulting in silly prices for physical.

Uh--- >_<
is that the reason why I'm struggling to find EO4 here in Italy? damn!

walnuts

No news yet? I ordered a 16 GB SD card just for this game, it arrived today and my body and 3DS are ready to download the game.

Atlus please...

I completed SMT Strange Journey a few weeks ago, come on Atlus, give it to me...

Strange Journey is so good and memorable, it's unreal. What a fucking game.

So, when is SMT IV coming out? Surely they would know given that it's supposed to release within the next three weeks?

walnuts

Strange Journey is so good and memorable, it's unreal. What a fucking game.

So, when is SMT IV coming out? Surely they would know given that it's supposed to release within the next three weeks?

We were supposed to get some news this week. Will we get them tomorrow or Friday? I don't understand why do we have to wait so many months just for a game that was finished one year and a half ago...

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So news pushed back to
late
next week?

Man, this is so far gone, I don't even give a shit anymore.

After this and arena, I think I'm just gonna stay in the 'fuck atlas' camp.

Seeing as you can import the US physical for about £15 I wouldn't touch our digital years late version for anything over £10.

How much was this set to launch at?

Seeing as you can import the US physical for about £15 I wouldn't touch our digital years late version for anything over £10.

How much was this set to launch at?

&#8364;19.99 (~£16), which is probably £19.99 to Atlus. :)
It's £17.99

I did just that a few weeks back, btw: imported the US physical release. And got Code of Princess too, of which I also didn't feel like buying the Euro digital release. Now all I need is a US 3DS...

€19.99 (~£16), which is probably £19.99 to Atlus. :)
It's £17.99

I did just that a few weeks back, btw: imported the US physical release. And got Code of Princess too, of which I also didn't feel like buying the Euro digital release. Now all I need is a US 3DS...

No chance at that price after the latest delay. Cheers for the info though :)
I miss importing US titles, region locking is ass.
Pretty tempted to do as you did and grab the US copy whilst it's cheap, hmmm...

Zareka

Game is DOA by this point.

Throw codes in with copies of Persona Q if this game wants any exposure at all.

Maybe I'm exaggerating a little but codes with Q would be pretty snazzy.

ramyeon

This whole situation is a fucking joke. I can't believe we still don't even have a concrete date in the supposed month of release. How incompetent can you get?

Dee Dee

The poor guys should have done this like Rune Factory 4 and waited for certification before re-announcing it for Europe.

What's worse is that they gave some form of best case scenario (late october) as possible release date instead of another vague Q4 2014.

Nobody here is waiting for that october release, we just want to hear the delay announcement already and then get a real release date that is not completely made up.

At this point I will probably just wait for a sale. Not comfortable with buying eshop games anyway, with the lack of a good account system.

El Topo

This whole situation is a fucking joke. I can't believe we still don't even have a concrete date in the supposed month of release. How incompetent can you get?

Well there's no USK rating yet either. I assume announcing a release date without a rating is not too easy?

Arizato

Luckily the USK doesn't give a shit about anything sexual. However... a2015 release wouldn't really surprise me.

Feels like we are too far into October the announce a release for this month at least. My guess is on November or December now, but I am with you on the boat of not being surprised over a 2015 release.

walnuts

Better if they announced that this game will never ever be released in Europe, rather than keeping us waiting all this long.

Anyway, we must thank Nintendo again for the region lock. If the 3DS was region free we could have imported the game from NA one year ago.

Nintendo, thanks for screwing our lives once again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom