• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV |OT| The Dark Souls of Persona

nron10

Neo Member
For inquiring minds, review embargo is up tomorrow at 9 a.m. PT

Nintendo World Report has another dude on the main review, but I've been playing through it and so far it is freaking delightful. One of my favorite RPGs in the past 10 years.

very nice ot!...

i will not be fixating on the crappy 2-d battle screen part, & i will be enjoying just about everything else. i promise :) ...

FluxWaveZ

What is this Fire Emblem / SMTIV deal I keep reading about?

IiDG.jpeg

Watashiwa

What is this Fire Emblem / SMTIV deal I keep reading about?

A soon-to-be revealed promo that leaked early. We're not exactly sure as to the details, but it seems that if you register both SMTIV and FEA you get a thirty dollar eShop credit. Again, we don't have the details but that's where it seems to be headed.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Bring it to EU NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAO

Not that I need any more incentive to get this game, but I hope we get some more solid details on that $30 eShop credit thing. That could sway whether or not I pick up ACNL.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
A soon-to-be revealed promo that leaked early. We're not exactly sure as to the details, but it seems that if you register both SMTIV and FEA you get a thirty dollar eShop credit. Again, we don't have the details but that's where it seems to be headed.

Holy shit that is an amazing deal. Did someone make a thread about this?

The folks who got into Fire Emblem with Awakening should make use of this awesome promo to get into SMT now.

I assume Nintendo is responsible for this, so props to then since it will help to promote SMTxFE too.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit that is an amazing deal. Did someone make a thread about this?

The folks who got into Fire Emblem with Awakening should make use of this awesome promo to get into SMT now.

I assume Nintendo is responsible for this, so props to then since it will help to promote SMTxFE too.
There's no thread because there's no details yet. For all we know it could be that only digital purchases of FE and SMT4 after July 16th count towards the promotion.

purg3

slept with Malkin
The guide that comes with it is only part if the game, right? Is anyone putting out a full fledge guide for this, or is the one packaged with it adequate enough?

t26

The guide that comes with it is only part if the game, right? Is anyone putting out a full fledge guide for this, or is the one packaged with it adequate enough?

The one pack in only covers the first part of the game.

I think the quote from the unboxing video released the other day said like 40% of the game. I can't remember exactly.

Kimawolf

ooh yes I have this game reserved at Gamestop. So can't wait. so all I need to do is buy FE then I enter both codes and get 30 dollars huh? lol great now Ican get PxZ too!

PokéKong

Why is this game 50 freaking dollars even for the digital version? I thought it was only that much for coming with the soundtrack and all them extras?

PokéKong

Doesn't say anything about restricting earlier registrations of Awakening or the offer being eShop-only, so I think I'm golden. 'Tis a damned sweet deal, I say.

It even mentions owners of the bundled FE 3DS console so it seems like every owner of the game is good to go.

imBask

Banned
never played a SMT game (played persona 3 and 4 though)

picking up this game right before a 5h train ride, what should I expect?

Soriku

Good gameplay, great music, interesting story and characters. And instead of shuffling Personas you can have three demons in your party at once.

is the battle system like old FF style?

It's turn based if that's what you mean. Otherwise, no. The system in SMT IV is very different from older FF's (and better IMO).

SteeloDMZ

Banned

Phallus shaped demons, amazing music, great characters, oppressive atmosphere, tons of fun, and addiction.

That's what you should expect :p

Top Bottom